Pop Culture Shock's DC license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will be a reveal in tomorrow's news letter.

Post by Jerry pcs.

Our DC statues will be what i consider 'classic' 70s/80s style comics. These will not be what people are expecting, and they wont be for everyone. They are sort of a category unto themselves. I havent seen anyone do something like this yet but the people that have seen them (including some collectors) have all really liked them.

Another sneak in tomorrows newsletter.

The classic fans will be very happy!

Post by Jerry pcs.

Our DC statues will be what i consider 'classic' 70s/80s style comics. These will not be what people are expecting, and they wont be for everyone. They are sort of a category unto themselves. I havent seen anyone do something like this yet but the people that have seen them (including some collectors) have all really liked them.

He was also asked about 1:1 busts and said this:
Im sad to say our license does not include busts. We were told it would infringe on Sideshow.

I'm thinking this may also mean that 1/4 scale DC statues may be out but I asked him directly anyway to confirm.

I hope the Bat Signal symbol matches the symbol on the costume, that said we may have a circa 1970's/80's blue/grey tall eared Batman here, hopefully.

Post by Jerry pcs.

:yess: nailed it!

I like the blue/grey costume, but have not been included in my collection so far.

PCS does low ES, so these should be very popular.

Maybe they can do 1/4, but not in premium format form?

If it's 1/5, it should be in scale with Batman vs Killer Croc statue.

1/4 or nothing here :crying

I think it will be 1/4 scale, he just announced that Judge Dredd on motorcycle is 1/4. I feel that Batman will be the same scale.

Here is more from Jerry.

Our DC license includes any character thats appeared in the Justice League comics from 1970-2014.

70s/80s DC designs.. hmmm...

And The Justice League thing.. I wonder if that means any character that appeared? We could get Batman's rogues gallery if that's the case. :lol

I think it will be 1/4 scale, he just announced that Judge Dredd on motorcycle is 1/4. I feel that Batman will be the same scale.

Here is more from Jerry.

Our DC license includes any character thats appeared in the Justice League comics from 1970-2014.

What the **** :horror when did that get announced. I'm so buying that. I regret selling there 1st Dredd but that just sounds wow :D

Just hope the licence is 1/4 for DC

He's talking about PCS

Yes, but he's using the 1/4 scale 2000 A.D. license that PCS has to show that PCs will be making 1/4 scale DC statues, the two are mutually exclusive and have nothing to do with one another.

If making 1/4 scale DC statues infringes on the Sideshow license then PCS won't be making 1/4 scale DC statues, and no other 1/4 scale License they have i.e. MK, Street Fighter or 2000 A.D. shows that they can.

I had no interest in PCS DC until this news. Bronze age DC statues? Being that I am in my forties :gandalf_w this speaks to my heart. I will now be watching with great anticipation.

I had no interest in PCS DC until this news. Bronze age DC statues? Being that I am in my forties :gandalf_w this speaks to my heart. I will now be watching with great anticipation.

Even if it's 1/5, I'll at least get Batman, if they found some way around the 1/4 scale issue I may get more. If it's 1/3....houston my wallet may have a problem.

Back