Pop Culture Shock: Sons of Anarchy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has this company done 1/6 figs before? dont know what to expect...

I'm curious about that also... It looks like they've done mostly statues

Before these, they've only done statues. However, the founder of the company also founded SOTA toys. - company once known for their Street Fighter toyline. When the founder left SOTA after years of slow updates on the next wave of Street Fighter figures, he founded PCS.

There was a rumor that he mismanaged the company to the point where the company couldn't pay for toy factories, resulting in the factory making and selling "bootleg" figures. It also resulted in the company struggling to find a factory to make the later waves of the SF line.

I agree. It would be sad if these figures don't see the light of day like the Micronaut figures. However, it might be unlikely since these figures are closer than the statues PCS makes rather than the action figures SOTA made as in the Sons of Anarchy figures will be in 1/6 scale with fabric clothing and sold in speciality stores. The Sota figures were in 6 inch scale sold in stores such as Gamestop and Hastings.

One thing is for sure, the 1/6 community is a picky bunch of people. That is a good thing, imo, since they will judge the sculpt for what it is - the problem with the SOTA Street Fighter was that the toyline had gotten a lot of praise for the sculpts and they weren't really good. Then again, the SF line was their first video game line - at the time, Sota did monsters FX for the movie industry. That said, SOTA's early toylines involving realistic-looking people and monster turned out great.

The SOTA WOW line was in par with the DC WOW line.

The line would probably be limited like their statue line, which is okay since 1/6 figures are limited and if these do well, then we would see other licenses. I don't know if I want to see a SF line from them since it seems like everyone is now doing a SF figure. Their statue SF line do look better than the SOTA SF line, which makes sense since the SOTA SF line were made a decade ago and to my understanding, PCS uses different talent since then.

If they made Mortal Kombat figures, however, I would pick up a few since I have no doubt they would end up looking like their statue line/

Last edited:
That's good info. The sculpts look pretty good so far. In curious about the paint and outfits tho

The headsculpts do look nice. I too wonder about the paints since their statue line, from what I've seen, are based on video game character. That said, they are painted to have a comicbook/cartoon look to them. Since these figures are based on real people, I wonder how well the final paint aps would be. I don't expect Enterbay or Hot Toys paint application since they seem to be the only 1/6 companies to paint in such a way, though if they come off like the sideshow figures, that would be neat. As for the outfits, if their PF line is any indication, it would turn out well.

Nothing. Hopefully some pics and info at Comic Con in a few weeks.

Hot damn. Never watched SOA (though its on my radar) ... but this gives me hope for an eventual Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder (also FX properties).

I need to get into SOA.

SnakeDoc

10325553_680501522019881_9218005428413712550_n.jpg

Nice.

Back