Pop Culture Shock Kabuki

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VS thats kind of harsh!

I meet with Jerry and sometimes in this business things happen and the producers have to deal with it.

Its easy to sit behind our comfy chair and blame some producer or factory. I think you have said that your done buying from Jerry. You talked with your wallet and I am sure he hears you.
I got to tell you, its all fun and games to buyers, but now that I am producing things with ARH, I see all that we have to go through. Its almost painful. I got to say, I can now appreciate Jerry for doing his best. He just cant be in China and here at the same time. The factory made a mistake, he will fix it.
We do the same, these factories are very touchy and you got to be on them all the time. If you miss something, it comes back to get you!! :gah:
(ARH's example is the AP boxes), we have to learn from this and go on. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less.

The very last day I cancelled this one myself. I just lost interest
But I am sure if I had gotten my EX I would be returning/exchanging it. This time it was the right decision. I feel bad for those outside of US, I see your point. I think Jerry will make it right.

Now as far as Sideshow dealing with it, they always do. They will refund those who return the product. They have excellent customer service.

This isn't a Sideshow piece, though, but one distributed through them, so I'm not sure that they would knowingly be "screwing" anyone with this. Having said that, I'm sure they will make right and give you a refund if the item does not match what they showed on the website for whatever reason.

Correct, as it being a distribution they do not know it until it mailed. They just get the boxes from China and distribute.
They do the same thing for us. You cannot blame Sideshow for this mistake.

It must have been done in the factory. A major blunder on their part.
Im very sorry to hear about the troubles. The SDCC piece was actually very good.

VS thats kind of harsh!

I meet with Jerry and sometimes in this business things happen and the producers have to deal with it.

Its easy to sit behind our comfy chair and blame some producer or factory. I think you have said that your done buying from Jerry. You talked with your wallet and I am sure he hears you.
I got to tell you, its all fun and games to buyers, but now that I am producing things with ARH, I see all that we have to go through. Its almost painful. I got to say, I can now appreciate Jerry for doing his best. He just cant be in China and here at the same time. The factory made a mistake, he will fix it.
We do the same, these factories are very touchy and you got to be on them all the time. If you miss something, it comes back to get you!! :gah:
(ARH's example is the AP boxes), we have to learn from this and go on. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less.

The very last day I cancelled this one myself. I just lost interest
But I am sure if I had gotten my EX I would be returning/exchanging it. This time it was the right decision. I feel bad for those outside of US, I see your point. I think Jerry will make it right.

Now as far as Sideshow dealing with it, they always do. They will refund those who return the product. They have excellent customer service.

Harsh maybe?
I'm gonna tell u one thing Ave. The day he outright lied at the open forum on why he cancelled my Chun Li Ap set, was the day I was pissed at him. The whole fiasco was BS. It should had never happen period! When I called him out, that egotistic individual Monster banned me there.

Customer service is very important to me. Aside from the Chun Li issue, the Bison statue paint ap in the head was changed. I could question the choice he made on the lack luster clothing material but the issue is SSC would not refund me without me eating the shipping cost. They deemed it was nothing wrong with it. I'm not paying $60 to ship it back without eating the loss.

I can understand that Jerry can't be there to check QC on his products and really would be unrealistic but by all means, employ someone to. Look, I don't complain alot or nitpick about quality of a statue out there but when a company leaves u in such a negative way to begin with, I feel I need to make a stand on it.

Ultimately this is a hobby. It should be about enjoyment but sometimes I feel there is more grieve or headache then there should be.

Last edited:
Harsh maybe?
I'm gonna tell u one thing Ave. The day he outright lied at the open forum on why he cancelled my Chun Li Ap set, was the day I was pissed at him. The whole fiasco was BS. It should had never happen period! When I called him out, that egotistic individual Monster banned me there.

Customer service is very important to me. Aside from the Chun Li issue, the Bison statue paint ap in the head was changed. I could question the choice he made on the lack luster clothing material but the issue is SSC would not refund me without me eating the shipping cost. They deemed it was nothing wrong with it. I'm not paying $60 to ship it back without eating the loss.

I can understand that Jerry can't be there to check QC on his products and really would be unrealistic but by all means, employ someone to. Look, I don't complain alot or nitpick about quality of a statue out there but when a company leaves u in such a negative way to begin with, I feel I need to make a stand on it.

Ultimately this is a hobby. It should be about enjoyment but sometimes I feel there is more grieve or headache then there should be.

Im sorry about all that went on with you and Jerry. Someday I will have to hear his side personally. I value both Jerry as a producer and you as a customer. I know its sucks to be getting the run around, however things dont seem as clear and cut as it may look to you.
I am sure Jerry never intended to deceive anyone.
VS on this point we will agree to disagree but I dont think your wrong. In fact Im a big time collector as well and I know how it feels to fall into this kind of pit with a producer.

Still, being on the other side and knowing Jerry on a more personal level I know that he would never want to intentionally screw some one out of his hard earned cash.

The issues with returns is best handled by Sideshow directly. They will deal with it as we are all in the same boat, no matter what company deals with Sideshow, they have the same sort of rerun policy.

Anyway, I went back to see whats up on the "other forum" and I feel sorry for Jerry. He is now being attacked by the same people with the same sort of mob mentality that was presented to us (ARH Studios)
No wonder all the producers are saying goodbye to that place :cuckoo:

Im sorry about all that went on with you and Jerry. Someday I will have to hear his side personally. I value both Jerry as a producer and you as a customer. I know its sucks to be getting the run around, however things dont seem as clear and cut as it may look to you.
I am sure Jerry never intended to deceive anyone.
VS on this point we will agree to disagree but I dont think your wrong. In fact Im a big time collector as well and I know how it feels to fall into this kind of pit with a producer.

Still, being on the other side and knowing Jerry on a more personal level I know that he would never want to intentionally screw some one out of his hard earned cash.

The issues with returns is best handled by Sideshow directly. They will deal with it as we are all in the same boat, no matter what company deals with Sideshow, they have the same sort of rerun policy.

Anyway, I went back to see whats up on the "other forum" and I feel sorry for Jerry. He is now being attacked by the same people with the same sort of mob mentality that was presented to us (ARH Studios)
No wonder all the producers are saying goodbye to that place :cuckoo:

I know Jerry didn't intentially screw people out of there money however, if his company he manage took the extra time then we wouldnt be haven't this issue.

QC aside, Jerry was not truthful when he dealt with me. His antic pitted me against him and that's how the mods viewed it. He could had cleared the situation, but he never did. I'm sure he is a decent individual but in that day, it was long forgotten.

With ARH and Arahom, there are 2 sides of things. Unfortunately he took some situation too personally. IMO, he should had took a little breather. It's too bad what happen.

I'm not going to delve too much into this anymore but make one thing clear, for every customer u lose in any business, it takes at least 4 times the effort to gain 1 back.

Very glad I cancelled this piece of :censored a long time ago, especially after seeing what it came out like...and after witnessing Jerry's haughty attitude and the way he treats his customers, I am never going to purchase any PCS product again!

Very glad I cancelled this piece of :censored a long time ago, especially after seeing what it came out like...and after witnessing Jerry's haughty attitude and the way he treats his customers, I am never going to purchase any PCS product again!

I don't think Jerry had a haughty attitude at all.
Telling people that if they have quality issues with the piece, to return her for a replacement is haughty? Or informing people that the factory made a mistake with the missing parts, and that the parts will be shipped to exclusive owners. That is haughty?

Sorry, I don't see it.
Sounds like he is willing to make things right.
How many producers actually come on these forums, listen to our opinions, complaints, wants etc? Not many. Jerry is one of the few.

I've seen some Kabukis with issues, but I've also seen some that were perfect. Something we experience with all collectible companies.

Telling people that if they have quality issues with the piece, to return her for a replacement is haughty? Or informing people that the factory made a mistake with the missing parts, and that the parts will be shipped to exclusive owners. That is haughty?

Sorry, I don't see it.
How many producers actually come on these forums, listen to our opinions, complaints, wants etc? Not many. Jerry is one of the few.

I've seen some Kabukis with issues, but I've also seen some that were perfect. Something we experience with all collectible companies.

Well Jerry stands by his work even when some are questionable like the Bison fabric and that that god awful aftershave when the factory screwed up on.

Looking at Kabuki, I think the bottom of the half of the costume is very well fitted but the top is less then desirable. I think she needs to be slightly bustier because she looks really flat.

I also thought Jerry was suppose to change the foam quality? I hate brittle foam containers....

Well Jerry stands by his work even when some are questionable like the Bison fabric and that that god awful aftershave when the factory screwed up on.

Looking at Kabuki, I think the bottom of the half of the costume is very well fitted but the top is less then desirable. I think she needs to be slightly bustier because she looks really flat.

I also thought Jerry was suppose to change the foam quality? I hate brittle foam containers....

There are plenty of flaws with Kabuki but what really killed it for me was Jerry's decision to use a cheap press on sticker of the dragon tattoo rather than put in some effort into paining a high quality tattoo like on the CS Moore version of kabuki - which, incidentally, blows Jerry's version out of the water - in every way!

PCS' Kabuki
IMG_1514a.JPG

CS Moore's Kabuki:
kabuki_statue_csmoore_01b.jpg

kabuki_statue_csmoore_01c.jpg

Sorry, I don't see it.

Didn't particularly like Jerry's nonchalant attitude regarding one of the biggest blunders (for which he is responsible) in the history of high end statue industry's or the amount of time it took him to issue a half-assed apology to the customers...

Last edited:
There are plenty of flaws with Kabuki but what really killed it for me was Jerry's decision to use a cheap press on sticker of the dragon tattoo rather than put in some effort into paining a high quality tattoo like on the CS Moore version of kabuki - which, incidentally, blows Jerry's version out of the water - in every way!

PCS' Kabuki
IMG_1514a.JPG

CS Moore's Kabuki:
kabuki_statue_csmoore_01b.jpg

kabuki_statue_csmoore_01c.jpg
Yah the tattoo is a killer too. I never brought it up because I would have not display the back anyways. The difference between Moores and Jerry is quite a huge difference.:slap One looks like a tattoo & one just looks cheap. The color 1 tone choice is questionable too. I guess Jerry stands by his work. 16 months wait and this is the final result. I'm glad I cancelled her.....

Now I'm gonna have to find a Moore Kabuki.

Last edited:

Didn't particularly like Jerry's nonchalant attitude regarding one of the biggest blunders (for which he is responsible) in the history of high end statue industry's or the amount of time it took him to issue a half-assed apology to the customers...

Could not agree more. His attitude was arrogant and haughty, and it did take forever to issue a half assed apology.

To think that there was an ENTIRE YEAR of delays, even his so called "I switched factories" excuse, because supposedly the original factory wasn't good enough. Then they put out a statue that has 5 out of 6 statues shown with damage, chipping, fabric defects, and ALL of them missing their EX pieces, and he has the nerve to have a "if you don't like it, buy elsewhere" attitude?? Sorry, this situation doesn't fly with me at all, no matter how many producers come here and whine about how hard it is to do their job.

Back