Statue Pop Culture Shock: An American Werewolf In London

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think The Howling or An American Werewolf in London were that good. But I vastly prefer the Howling werewolf design, as I think having a werewolf on all fours kinda defeats the point of a half man/half wolf creature to begin with, and the AWiL design's fur is too shaggy, face looks like a baboon, etc.

That said, I'm still gonna get this and would like to one day get that life-size version that Azurepred is getting. :lol

The design has grown on me, though I still don't love it.

Dog Soldiers is the werewolf movie for me.

Boooooooooooooo! Hisssssssssssssss!!!

That's true. It's a good (or bad) time to be a werewolf fan.

I still hate myself for not pre-ordering the ECC Lycan. Probably my biggest collectible regret.

bad time for me cause of money flow, but I'm defn selling off stuff to fund these Wolf pieces cause like I said, I don't think we will see any others. I'm too young to love the really old classic Wolves, but they are defn my fav of classic monsters.

Boooooooooooooo! Hisssssssssssssss!!!

it's prolly the only Wererwolf movie I can think of that had a little bit of everything. Hot chick, scary Wolf, best Wolf transformation ever, decent comedy. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer a really gritty,dark, scary Werewolf film, but it's just such a loveable film when I first saw it earlier this year. I can't stand CGI Werewolves either.

Dude just said jaws sucks man. I say we kill him.

Too much?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

K818RK5.gif

This is gonna look so cool next to Ole brucey

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking.

Life getting back to Normal on this thread :)

I seriously can't wait to get this.... There was a time in my life when this was my fav film of all time (it was not always JAWS). AWIL is the perfect Horror comedy. the humor is not forced and comes naturally from the absurdity of the situation.

AWIL still has what is, IMO, the greatest opening 15 min of any film ever. From the opening credits to till David wakes in the Hospital.... All of it is pure gold...

The friends bonding and talking about girls, the slaughtered Lamb, the nervous chatter on the moors, and Jack's Death (best death ever) all of it is just so great.

JAWS took the spot of greatest film ever when I got a bit older (about 18) and I have never looked back but AWIL is number 2 on my horror list, #1 if you don't count JAWS as horror. A near perfect film with my fav werewolf design.. As werewolf movies go.... Nothing else comes close.

Back