Poorly repainted red/gold light up Iron Man on ebay - fake ebay auctions are evil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stealth Iron man repainted

wow 1,200..maybe I should get my SIM painted red and gold and see if I can just trade er' in for yee ol' Doom PF. LOL

You should never go to Vegas because you would lose your ass and then some. People laughed at the hicks auction that went for $2000+, they even laughed at me when I put mine up. Guess what? We BOTH got our sale for a damn 1/6 figure that I bought for $100 back in the day.

How is $1200 for a statue that retails for $300 so unbelievable? Ive read the auction 2 times, and there is no fraudulent deception going on. He is making reference to the charity IM statues, he did not say his was one of those. Get your facts together.

Like I said, youre just one of those haters that are too upset to be on the sidelines with this kind of sale. Boo freakin hoo.

Just accept it, YOURE NOT A FLIPPER, youre a WANNABE!

This just proves youre head is up somewhere else. :lol Quick pull it back out!

you consider yourself informed. would you pay $1200 for a repainted $300 statue? if the answer is no, then what makes you think the current bidders are so educated in the collectibles game?

you've definitely changed here over the last few months. please, somebody BAN this clown! :lol

Last edited:
That paint job looks atrocious. Why is this even up to $1200 it should be less than the actual retail of the piece it's so bad. :monkey1

ask nash that question. he seems to think the current bidders are wise and they know exactly what they are bidding on. as an auction with the ids kept private, i would bet that the seller has all his friends and relatives bidding to drive the price up. it's the only reason other than a flood of morons that this item is up to as much as it is.

I'm not gonna say anything about this, but I still want one of the 2 light up Red and Gold ones...

Those are :rock:rock:rock

according to the description, this auction is 'just like' the 2 light up red and gold ones. you should bid on this along with the many knowledgeable bidders and nash. :lol

you consider yourself informed. would you pay $1200 for a repainted $300 statue? if the answer is no, then what makes you think the current bidders are so educated in the collectibles game?

you've definitely changed here over the last few months. please, somebody BAN this clown! :lol

Yes i am informed. And NO i would not pay for this repaint. To me it looks horrible, but does that mean to everyone else in this world it looks horrible? If your answer to that question in yes then you truly need to get your head out of your ass.

It's a matter of opinion, we see it every day in the star wars forum. Just because one thing looks like **** to someone doesnt mean everyone else feels the same.

I guess youre also telling me that youre 100% certain that anyone bidding on this auction is thinking that this is the exact iron man statue from the charity auction? give me a break kid, they must be blind as well as dumb then...which leads me to ask, how does a blind, misinformed, and naive collector even navigate ebay?

Ive changed? well thanks i guess.....because youve always been an ass imo so nothing is changed there. nice how you asked superfan to get the stealth IM for you and you turn around and brag how youre going to flip it for so much money. way to use people.

rodney_king.jpg

Not until all sellers on ebay making a good profit is banned and removed for violation of use and fraud. And all jealous flipper wannabes get to sleep in peace.

*cues internet police song*

Not until all sellers on ebay making a good profit is banned and removed for violation of use and fraud. And all jealous flipper wannabes get to sleep in peace.

*cues internet police song*

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Those damn online auction taker downers.

Yes i am informed. And NO i would not pay for this repaint. To me it looks horrible, but does that mean to everyone else in this world it looks horrible? If your answer to that question in yes then you truly need to get your head out of your ass.

It's a matter of opinion, we see it every day in the star wars forum. Just because one thing looks like **** to someone doesnt mean everyone else feels the same.

I guess youre also telling me that youre 100% certain that anyone bidding on this auction is thinking that this is the exact iron man statue from the charity auction? give me a break kid, they must be blind as well as dumb then...which leads me to ask, how does a blind, misinformed, and naive collector even navigate ebay?

Ive changed? well thanks i guess.....because youve always been an ass imo so nothing is changed there. nice how you asked superfan to get the stealth IM for you and you turn around and brag how youre going to flip it for so much money. way to use people.

ohhhhhh! You just got PWND :lol:lol

you are informed but you wouldn't pay $1200. talking out of both sides of your arse.

i haven't read one comment on this auction's item saying the paint job looked good. all responses have been negative. again, both sides of your arse.

nothing is 100% accurate however, anyone just lightly browsing stealth iron man auctions know they can pick one up for around $600 right now, maybe less. with bidding up to $1200 for an im with a crap paint job tells me they are not informed, or they think it's something that it's not. just that simple. one other explanation is the private id bids are the seller's friends and they are running up the price.

my intention was to NEVER flip sim however being that we're all not made of money, i was forced to give up sim for now. i will buy one as soon as my finances allow it. not like my transactions are any of your business.

in closing, many people have thought you're the one acting like an arse lately. i even offered to converse with you privately if you needed someone to talk to but i'm thinking that was a mistake because you obviously don't appreciate someone trying to be social with you. your loss, not mine.

Not until all sellers on ebay making a good profit is banned and removed for violation of use and fraud.

big difference between making a profit and not being honest in an auction description. integrity in description leaves no room for interpretation. and yet, this seller's description continues to be debated. hmmm.

big difference between making a profit and not being honest in an auction description. integrity in description leaves no room for interpretation. and yet, this seller's description continues to be debated. hmmm.

Tylerd, I know we have been joking back and forth. However, I really don't see how the description is dishonest. I can see if it was one of those fakes. Or maybe if it said this is 1 custom made by Sideshow or something like that. The seller states that it is like the one sold in auction. A good example would be the Lord of the Rings swords. You want to take down some auctions start there. Almost everyone of them says this is like the sword in the movie. However most people in the know realize that United Cutlery made the real replicas. Most of the ones up for auction are the cheap UC knock offs. I guess I just don't see your arguement.

i even offered to converse with you privately if you needed someone to talk to but i'm thinking that was a mistake because you obviously don't appreciate someone trying to be social with you. your loss, not mine.

huh? i dont recall getting a txt from you and i dont need a psychiatrist. anyways im over it. do what you want. i still dont think your way of thinking on this is correct. end of story.

People it's just a forum. Lets let bygones be bygones.

There is only one thing wrong with these forums and his name is bodie!

I kid. Still, lets get over our pride. You all seem like good people here. You all have something in common. What you are all fussing over isn't even that big of a deal.

Oh why can't we just accept eachother... what would baby Jesus say?

Tylerd, I know we have been joking back and forth. However, I really don't see how the description is dishonest. I can see if it was one of those fakes. Or maybe if it said this is 1 custom made by Sideshow or something like that. The seller states that it is like the one sold in auction. A good example would be the Lord of the Rings swords. You want to take down some auctions start there. Almost everyone of them says this is like the sword in the movie. However most people in the know realize that United Cutlery made the real replicas. Most of the ones up for auction are the cheap UC knock offs. I guess I just don't see your arguement.

i'm beginning to come around to yours and nash's way of thinking. i mean, if the guy wants to lay his cash out, who am i to object? :rolleyes:

FLIPPERZ RULE!!!!! :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:
This guy edited his auction. I wonder what it means that he didn't paint it red on any other place. :confused:

From the auction...

The first one like this got sold on ebay for 18000 plus.

This sentence "implies" that this statue is identical to the the "first one" that sold for $18000, when in fact, it is not even close to identical. He doesn't say that this statue is "like" the prototype IM, as in being similar in appearance; what he says is "the first one like this", which is saying that this is the "second" or later one. Just because you put a Shelby Cobra body kit on a VW bug frame, doesn't make it a Shelby Cobra, so painting a SIM doesn't make it a prototype Red and Gold Iron Man with lights. Deception, pure and simple. Just my two cents...

Back