Poorly repainted red/gold light up Iron Man on ebay - fake ebay auctions are evil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stealth Iron man repainted

Ok I got to ask you guys this, on the original IM comicette sideshow painted it incorrectly as the area between the elbow and gaunlets should be red as in this guys ebay repaint. So, my question is does it really matter if the lights are red or yellow since none of the original sideshow paint scemes are correct?

Ok I got to ask you guys this, on the original IM comicette sideshow painted it incorrectly as the area between the elbow and gaunlets should be red as in this guys ebay repaint. So, my question is does it really matter if the lights are red or yellow since none of the original sideshow paint scemes are correct?

I've seen this mentioned before. Do you mean the section between his wrist and forearm gauntlet should be red as in the original art?
7155_press08-001.jpg

Personally I think of that art as "incorrect" and prefer that all the segmented armor be gold as the way Sideshow painted it.

EDIT: ok looking through the art of that issue, the forearms should be red to match the art, but I still think the gold visually looks sharp and breaks up all that red. Now I'm going to have to think hard about what I want it to be when I repaint mine.

As far as the lights being yellow, I think it's really a matter of taste. Yellow matches the original armor color. Red for the stealth. Others may not care or even prefer the red lights.

Last edited:

I've seen this mentioned before. Do you mean the section between his wrist and forearm gauntlet should be red as in the original art?
7155_press08-001.jpg

Personally I think of that art as "incorrect" and prefer that all the segmented armor be gold as the way Sideshow painted it.

As far as the lights being yellow, I think it's really a matter of taste. Yellow matches the original armor color. Red for the stealth. Others may not care or even prefer the red lights.

Yup the area I was talking about is covered in granovs artwork there. I thought that the area should be gold also and ended up repainting one of mine cause I missed it. I guess it just matters how accuate you want your statues to be. Me I like to do what just looks good to myself, unless I am painting for others. Then its thier call.

That is why I encourage everyone to report him. He is trying to make his sound like the charity version. That is just low taking advantage of a charity item by pretending his is just like that one.

If everyone reports him, chances are it will get pulled. Even sneakier is that it is a 'private' auction so we can't even worn the (stupid) bidders.

Dude, he said "the first one LIKE THIS". In a way they are alike, technically. There is no rule that you have to mention anything is a custom, especially when you should know why you should not bid so much for it in this case. Anyone who followed the charity auction will know that he is not Robert Downey Jr. He is not making any false claims. Ebay isn't going to do except collect a final value fee from him. Stop being a hater.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude, he said "the first one LIKE THIS". In a way they are alike, technically. There is no rule that you have to mention anything is a custom, especially when you should know why you should not bid so much for it in this case. Anyone who followed the charity auction will know that he is not Robert Downey Jr. He is not making any false claims. Ebay isn't going to do sh1t except collect a final value fee from him. Stop being a hater.

and i guess you approved of the chinese forgeries of im that were going around as well? fraudulent sellers ruin the ebay community. this guy is giving you the impression that his statue is like the two red/gold light up rarities. very misleading. it's simply a repainted sim, and not even a good repaint. just because some don't know better, doesn't mean they should get burned.

and i guess you approved of the chinese forgeries of im that were going around as well? fraudulent sellers ruin the ebay community. this guy is giving you the impression that his statue is like the two red/gold light up rarities. very misleading. it's simply a repainted sim, and not even a good repaint. just because some don't know better, doesn't mean they should get burned.

So youre assuming that everyone bidding on that auction is a misinformed idiot? Collectors spending that kind of money KNOW what they are getting and they know the hobby. Stop hating just because you could barely sell your SIM for $500.

So youre assuming that everyone bidding on that auction is a misinformed idiot? Collectors spending that kind of money KNOW what they are getting and they know the hobby. Stop hating just because you could barely sell your SIM for $500.

I have to agree. I think people need to take their nerd capes off and mind their own business. Just my opinion. The guy is trying to make some money. Big deal. If someone bid they obviously see value in the product. Just becuase you don't see it doesn't mean someone else should not bid. I would never buy this piece of crap but that is just me. If someone wants it why shouldn't they bid?

I have to agree. I think people need to take their nerd capes off and mind their own business. Just my opinion. The guy is trying to make some money. Big deal. If someone bid they obviously see value in the product. Just becuase you don't see it doesn't mean someone else should not bid. I would never buy this piece of crap but that is just me. If someone wants it why shouldn't they bid?

Truth be told, there are actually people in this world who's eyes tell them that that particular repaint may be the most amazing thing. I also dont see it but these internet police fail to realize that by having someone's auction pulled down from reporting it, they are not just screwing the seller...they are also screwing the very people they claim to be "protecting". the buyer also wont be able to get his/her hands on the item because of you and maybe it is something that they will consider their holy grail. think about it.

Time for my song! :lol

Sing: Mr. Onlineauctiontakerdowner

We salute you Mr. Onlineauctiontakerdowner.

Women, Beer, a life you crave not these things. Your main task in life is to put a stop to these horrible fraudulent auctions.

Sing: Off with their heads.

Yes deep down inside you know you have the blue tights on under your clothes. Nothing makes you feel more powerful than stopping this tyrant of the trades.

Sing: I need my phone booth.

So grab an ice cold Bud Light my good protector of the piracy. We are certain that the internet is a safer place for our children because of you!
:monkey3

Women, Beer, a life you crave not these things. Your main task in life is to put a stop to these horrible fraudulent auctions.

Yes deep down inside you know you have the blue tights on under your clothes. Nothing makes you feel more powerful than stopping this tyrant of the trades.

So grab an ice cold Bud Light my good protector of the piracy. We are certain that the internet is a safer place for our children because of you!

lol the most genius line. :lol

I agree. Leave the poor guy alone. If you don't like it, pay no attention to it and don't bid on it. Let the guy make some money. I hear people saying they should report him to ebay. Why? He did nothing wrong. He states that it is a custom repaint doesn't he?

yes. anyone informed wouldn't be paying $1200 for a repainted sim. unless..they were mislead to believe it's one of the two red/gold light up im. and those that hate are not qualified to request others from doing so. please...somebody ban this clown! :fest

I agree. Leave the poor guy alone. If you don't like it, pay no attention to it and don't bid on it. Let the guy make some money. I hear people saying they should report him to ebay. Why? He did nothing wrong. He states that it is a custom repaint doesn't he?

a custom repaint, the first one like this, sold for $18000. yea right. you know, in some states, if you watched someone get robbed and you don't attempt to help, you could be jailed. how is this any different? and i will bet 10 to 1 that this guy has every friend and relative driving up the price as well.

Last edited:

a custom repaint, the first one like this, sold for $18000. yea right. you know, in some states, if you watched someone get robbed and you don't attempt to help, you could be jailed. how is this any different? and i will bet 10 to 1 that this guy has every friend and relative driving up the price as well.

You should never go to Vegas because you would lose your ass and then some. People laughed at the hicks auction that went for $2000+, they even laughed at me when I put mine up. Guess what? We BOTH got our sale for a damn 1/6 figure that I bought for $100 back in the day.

How is $1200 for a statue that retails for $300 so unbelievable? Ive read the auction 2 times, and there is no fraudulent deception going on. He is making reference to the charity IM statues, he did not say his was one of those. Get your facts together.

Like I said, youre just one of those haters that are too upset to be on the sidelines with this kind of sale. Boo freakin hoo.

Just accept it, YOURE NOT A FLIPPER, youre a WANNABE!

yes. anyone informed wouldn't be paying $1200 for a repainted sim. unless..they were mislead to believe it's one of the two red/gold light up im.

This just proves youre head is up somewhere else. :lol Quick pull it back out!

SIDESHOW IRON MAN STATUE

VERY UNIQUE and RARE

Hi you are looking at a Sideshow Iron man statue. This statue is in perfect condition. This statue is with lights. The first one like this got sold on ebay for 18000 plus. This statue is hand painted and it looks great. This statue is Very RARE, and for who ever is a Iron man fan they should try to buy one of these if they get the chance. This and other Iran man status are going to get harder to find and the price is going to be going up since the Iron Man Movie is coming out in May. Will if you need to know anything else about this item or anyother one that I have email me and I will get back asap.

PS. Donot miss out on this Very RARE and UNIQUE statue. Good luck and happy Bidding.

I am not sure what the problem is? :confused:

OMG! the song returns.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That paint job looks atrocious. Why is this even up to $1200 it should be less than the actual retail of the piece it's so bad. :monkey1

I'm not gonna say anything about this, but I still want one of the 2 light up Red and Gold ones...

Those are :rock:rock:rock

Back