POLL! What Cobra Troop do want to see next???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Cobra Troop do you want to see next?

• Cobra Officer ('82)

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Hiss Tank Driver ('83)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Crimson Guard ('85)

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Snow Serpent ('85)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Eel ('85)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Tele-Viper ('85)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • (Viper) ('86)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Techno-Viper ('87)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Night-Viper ('88)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Misc. canon Trooper variation (Glider pilot, Python Patrol, etc.)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
:duh

Let me make this simple for you guys, because you're obviously not getting it:

Cobra Commander = BLUE

Crimson Guard = RED

It's not the red itself that we find dumb, it's the red on the wrong damn character. I no more like the idea of a red Cobra Commander than I would a red Darth Vader. Or would that mean that I should hate the idea of Royal Guards, too? :rolleyes:

I get it Carl. Jeez. :banghead

The battle rages on... :confused:

Anyway, seems the CG is the fans choice at present. My favorite army builder by far, just love the design. As a kid I don't remember them being too prominent in the cartoon, outside of the opening to the Joe movie though, but they were much more fleshed out in the comics.

Last edited:
Well, one would hope that the silver lining of the Crimson CC exclusive is that it might indicate that Crimson Guards are not only in the works, but possibly being announced soon (perhaps even at SDCC, as some have already speculated).

Since we have Cherry Cobra Commander coming out, a CG is prolly close.

I would take the original or the kick ass Crimson Guard Immortal

crimsonguard.jpg
cgimmortal_combatpay.jpg

Now we just have to hope Sideshow makes the correct version and not some silly fan fiction Bradstreet version.

CGs and the throne would totally make my SDCC! I gotta dig up that pic of CC's throne and some Crimson Guards. Forget what issue it was, but it's a killer pic. I'm hoping they have production pieces of Stormy and the Trooper too though.

Now we just have to hope Sideshow makes the correct version and not some silly fan fiction Bradstreet version.

Bradstreet just did the Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander covers right? So hopefully that allowed SSC to get Devil's Due out of their system and they can be done with that "fan fiction" line of comics for good.

with all this disdain for the "Bradstreet fanfiction" you realise that that was not part of the standard Joe universe? that the devils due line was not connected to the "Bradstreet fan fiction" other than to be published by the same people, right?
The bradstreet designs come from the GI Joe reborn series, which was it's own story, one in which duke of all people was a deep cover crimson gaurdsman. it was an .... odd story.
the regular devils due run, which ended in World War III was actualy pretty good overall.

All Devil's Due GI Joe is the same to me, Bradstreet or otherwise. I consider it all to be glorified fan fiction. It doesn't mean you can't like it, I just have no desire to see any more of DD's "interpretations" in the SSC line.

Back