Poll: 1/6th figure of the year 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1/6th Figure of the Year 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Toss up between Predator and "Screaming" Jack for me, but that Predator was such a work of art that I went with that. Vader and Storm Shadow were pretty dang good as well, though.

A lot of great figures out this year, but the HT Iron Man figures, especially the Mark I, just stand head-and-shoulders above the rest as far as engineering and innovation go.

Though I don't own it and I am going mostly from picstures... Iron Man Mk I was probably the coolest thing in 1:6 this year.

This is a very, very tough year for this category. No T-600? C'mon, that is a masterful piece of engineering.

I voted for Iron Man, as much as I like the Godfather. Putting the three on one line just adds up to too much cool.

I own about half of those choices, Ironman/ Mark 1, 11, 111, Hellboy/ Abe Sapien, Batman/ Joker, Predator 1/ Dutch, Vader...

I'm going Vader.... He's the centerpiece of my 1/6 collection now. The IM Mark 1 is just amazing too. The detail blows me away.... Joker DX, HB and Pred1 round out my top 5! :rock

On the subject of Joes, Storm Shadow would be up there too, IMO.

As far as figures I don't own I'd say HT Godfather and Cobra Trooper.... Some of the SS Clones are sweet too.

Been waiting for this poll! :rock

Last edited:
For all the uproar, hate and flaming the 2009 12" Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers have caused here on the board, they deserved a place in the list. Or, perhaps that is the exact reason why they are NOT on the list? Let's reflect on that for a moment... .

Voted for Batman and Joker. :dunno
There was alot of amazing stuff this year though , the screaming jack was amazing for the price.

Screaming Jack is awesome, but to be totally fair, HT is just a notch above in quality, so that said, P1 and John Connor both rock but have a few little minor problems, Jokers been done to death and I still think the PERS head is overrated even in comparison to the BR Joker sculpt. The Mk.1 is a very impressive build and would probably get my runner up spot.

Gotta give number one to Vito, he was just a labor of love for both enterbay and ht, they had a little friendly competition, both figures beniftted from it, he came with the chair and carpeted base with backdrop, the packaging is incredible, really impressive, and the booklet just shows you how much work went into it.

I think The Godfather was probably the best figure I've purchased this year in terms of quality, finish, etc. But still not the most exciting.

I'm a bit surprised, but I actually voted for Jack. Of the figures on the list he's been the one I've enjoyed the most and given the lower price and unexpectedness of him I'd say he's my figure for 2009.

Yea not the most exciting by any means but I couldn't deny the overall quality of it. I was most physced about getting my P1 and he was pretty kick ass, but I've already sold him to make room and still have my GF so thats gotta say something.

Yea not the most exciting by any means but I couldn't deny the overall quality of it. I was most physced about getting my P1 and he was pretty kick ass, but I've already sold him to make room and still have my GF so thats gotta say something.

Whereas I'm gonna be selling my GF, but will keep my P1 Predator :lol

Godfather figure is awesome, but I've decided the "guy in suit" figures just aren't my thing.

dont own all of them but of those i do i had to go with pred/dutch slightly over vader. very close margin.

imo, the best of 2009 is undoubtably the mark1 iron man. remarkable engineering, paint apps and definite cool factor. only the rdj headsculpt lets it down a little.

anyway, my top 5 would be:
1) iron man mark1
2) godfather
3) vader (would've beaten the godfather if not for the dome issue)
4) dx joker
5) rubber skin t600

Back