Premium Format Poison Ivy PF v3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only one of the headsculpts was looking to the front. Why do they have most of the statues 'looking over their left shoulder' (...and not with Killer Croc where it would have made sense. :dunno)?

View attachment 408763

I would order this if you were actually able to display her from this angle and see her face. But, as it stands, this is a pass for me.

I guess if you don't like the portraits, that's the angle to display her from.

Lol, right! :D

I would order this if you were actually able to display her from this angle and see her face. But, as it stands, this is a pass for me.

Yeah...

I know this will sound funny / stupid for a statue worth $585, but I sincerely want to find out ways she can look better. If we can get the eyes custom painted looking to the right, it might look different (though, both the heads creep me out, lol!)

Apperany SS just announced catwoman, supergirl, mr freeze, doomsday and GL john s PF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't lie, I like it but the head to the side is an odd choice, forcing your display options to be very limited. However, I won't pay full price and from the comments on here I won't have to either LOL. I guess I do like more muscular woman sculpts as I own Frank Cho's WW statue as well. Of course I also like the new PF WW too.

And yes, the extra head is horrible...

The whole new DC line is a bit of a miss, except a few like WW. I'm not impressed by the way they all look together, in comparison the X-Men statues in a row (wolvie, mystique, Emma and mags) display fantastic together. Maybe I prefer museum poses in quarter scale...

I do agree with you, as a line that is supposed to go together they really don't convey that point. I honestly didn't even know they were supposed to be a theme as they look like one off statues just posed in a group.

The whole new DC line is a bit of a miss, except a few like WW. I'm not impressed by the way they all look together, in comparison the X-Men statues in a row (wolvie, mystique, Emma and mags) display fantastic together. Maybe I prefer museum poses in quarter scale...

I think WW and GA are a home run. Rest are a bit of a miss as you say. I do think Ivy-Joker-Harley and WW-Superman look phenomenal together though. Batman, on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb. For me, that one cannot be saved lol. Same for supergirl.

I think WW and GA are a home run. Rest are a bit of a miss as you say. I do think Ivy-Joker-Harley and WW-Superman look phenomenal together though. Batman, on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb. For me, that one cannot be saved lol. Same for supergirl.

I think stylistically batman fits with ivy and harley with joker. They're just not for me. I forgot about GA, he looks sweet but I'm not a fan of the character - thankfully for my wallet!

I do agree with you, as a line that is supposed to go together they really don't convey that point. I honestly didn't even know they were supposed to be a theme as they look like one off statues just posed in a group.

I'm not sure they're necessarily a theme but sideshow are trying a more detailed, somewhat realistic look. Which is why supergirl is so out of place compared with them

I'm not sure they're necessarily a theme but sideshow are trying a more detailed, somewhat realistic look. Which is why supergirl is so out of place compared with them

That's true.

I actually also like the Supergirl and even more surprising I like the short hair head sculpt more. I won't buy it or even entertain buying it as the Supers are not a character family I really like or care for, but I think it's a nice piece.

Thanks for sharing that :). I still like it, but I still think the pose is odd. I'll wait for this to go into deep clearance before buying it.

This piece is too far removed from a comic book Poison Ivy. They went too real, abstract, generic, etc.

It's almost like a J. Scott Campbell piece of his version of Poison Ivy as he is trying not to get sued by DC.

After seeing this in person, I feel I would've bought this if they made her abs more toned than what it is now. Her back looks more toned than her front ...and I believe people have said this already in previous posts ...but seeing her in person just confirms that for me. They just need to make her front match her back.

Perhaps if her abs were more like the abs found on the new X23 PF, then I would've seriously considered this.

I have the OG Ivy PF and really like it. Not swapping it out for this new PF. It just doesn't look like the Ivy I know.

I have the OG Ivy PF and really like it. Not swapping it out for this new PF. It just doesn't look like the Ivy I know.

I agree. The OG IVy PF is much better.

Even the variant Green with Envy Ivy PF is better than this new PF.

After seeing this in person, I feel I would've bought this if they made her abs more toned than what it is now. Her back looks more toned than her front ...and I believe people have said this already in previous posts ...but seeing her in person just confirms that for me. They just need to make her front match her back.

Perhaps if her abs were more like the abs found on the new X23 PF, then I would've seriously considered this.

That's a good point and besides the odd head to the side pose I knew something else was throwing this piece off, and I feel you nailed it. I still like it but it's a down the line, very cheap purchase someday for me at this point.

Back