Please rank your 1:6 LOTR Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was hoping that I could hear from you LOTR freaks and have you rate your 1:6 Exclusive figures for me, from favorite to least favorite. I should be getting my Gandalf exclusive tomorrow and am saddened to hear that this line is in hiatus. I'm hoping that the Hobbit will invigorate this license again. Too bad but I was really hoping for some ORCS from this line. :monkey2

You meqn the exclusive items or the figs themselves?

Ex.
1) Boromir's Orc Head
2) Aragorn's cloak/Legolas' elven cloak
3) Gandalf's book
4) Faramir's broken Horn of Gondor
5) Frodo's sword and scabbard from Weathertop
6) Sam's Elven weybread

Figs
1) Gandalf
2) Frodo and Sam
3) Boromir
4) Aragorn
5) Legolas
6) Faramir

Hobbits&Gandalf > everything else.

I don't have all the figs Just Hobbits Gandy and Legolas.

So i can only rank the ones i have.

But from the pics my list would go.

Hobbits (yes number one)
Gandalf
Legolas
Boromir
Aragorn

Faramir

I'd agree with Pix's list... although I don't have Gandalf in hand he looks to be the #1 figure.

i like aragorn. dont know why everybody hates him. i think he looks great. he's probably my favorite but i dont have my gandalf yet. faramir would be awesome except for the horrible paint job.

id say:
1. Aragorn
2. hobbits
3. boromir
4.legolas
5.faramir

Ex.
1) Boromir's Orc Head
3) Gandalf's book
6) Sam's Elven weybread

Figs
1) Gandalf
2) Frodo and Sam
3) Boromir
4) Aragorn
5) Legolas
6) Faramir

I agree!

However, the Figs list above I believe is ranked by sculpt accuracy. I think Aragorn and Faramir are better than Legolas when you considered the overall figure, weighing in the costume work. I would say on the shelf Legolas is the least interesting.

If you were to rank costume detail solely, then Aragorn and Faramir would probably be on top, along with Boromir (who probably has the best outfit of the line).

I really like how Boromir turned out... intially he was one I was least intrested in, but the overall figure just turned out great. And the orc head is a badass exclusive :rock

Ex.
1) Boromir's Orc Head
3) Gandalf's book
6) Sam's Elven weybread

Figs
1) Gandalf
2) Frodo and Sam
3) Boromir
4) Aragorn
5) Legolas
6) Faramir

Agree 100% :lecture

Gandalf - it's a book! So cool (really!)!
Boromir - definitely a conversation starter at my place. AND a cloak!
Faramir - Faramir with no cloven horn would be a pity.
Aragorn - he really is so much cooler with the cloak on.
Frodo - extra sharp things! joy!
Legolas - a cool hand and a cloak that should have been regular. Ok I guess . . .
Sam - Rationed nothing! There isn't enough of that stuff to get them across the street let alone to Mordor and back!

Nothing beats severed body parts as exclusive accessories. We've got the orc head from Boromir, Kurgan's head from Connor McLeod, Kastagir's head from the Kurgan, and a severed arm with Patient Zero. There are probably a bunch more from the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street lines that I'm forgetting, too.

But I pretty much agree with pixeltwin's list. The lembas bread is quite possibly the lamest exclusive accessory ever.

Ex.
1) Boromir's Orc Head
3) Gandalf's book
6) Sam's Elven weybread

Figs
1) Gandalf
2) Frodo and Sam
3) Boromir
4) Aragorn
5) Legolas
6) Faramir

Ditto!!!
I personally think that the LOTR exclusives are way better than the SW ones...
I love these guys....please Sideshow, don't kill this line!!

Nothing beats severed body parts as exclusive accessories. We've got the orc head from Boromir, Kurgan's head from Connor McLeod, Kastagir's head from the Kurgan, and a severed arm with Patient Zero. There are probably a bunch more from the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street lines that I'm forgetting, too.

But I pretty much agree with pixeltwin's list. The lembas bread is quite possibly the lamest exclusive accessory ever.

Jango Fett's head w/ MAce Windu.

I asked about the exclusive figures only because that's all I have. Some of the Exclusive items make the character. i.e. Legolas' cloak. I can understand why die hard fans didn't want this if they were looking for the fellowship and couldn't get the cloak. It's kinda like who would want Bib Fortuna without his staff?

What's weird is if the later figures are getting better why stop? I know a lot of you really want these figures pumped out, but sometimes that's not a good thing. That's what almost killed the POTA line. Too many - too fast. I'll agree this line has moved like a snail. I would want some figures outside the fellowship though, and maybe that's what other people want to. Wormtongue, an ORC. There are way too many characters if one wanted to get creative. So I really don't know why, or how this line could fade. SS has enough money to pump this line maybe twice a year. I know that sounds like too few but it happens quicker than you know. It seems like our orders are almost a year in the making anyway... I'm tired so maybe I'm not making sense. It just doesn't make sense that this license should falter. Maybe that's a way of making it more valuable. In 20 years these things my be ultra rare because they didn't make it far.

Back