Please Help .. THE DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herzograven

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm a little new to Sideshow stuff, don't know much about the prices and what something should cost, rarity of an item, etc. So, I have a question regarding two "THE DEAD" figures.

Are these good prices for these two?

New SIDESHOW SUBJECT 805 OPERATOR ($53.94)
New SIDESHOW SUBJECT 1025 BABYSITTER ($49.95) (plus 12ish for shipping)

Should I go for it, or wait to buy here on the board from someone at some point down the line?

Please help.

I think those are great prices.

so go for it?

also, what do you guys think the chances are of finding these two for a reasonable price (i don't care if it's loose, broke, missing parts, etc.)

2616245409_15be43dd02.jpg
2616245339_fda4efe21a.jpg

Security guard can usually be had for around 75-90 but Patient Zero is going for $450+ anymore. :google

Patient zero is the hard one to get, but Predators are getting up there... probably could score one especially if you have some of the AVP ones, or a Hicks.

Patient zero is the hard one to get, but Predators are getting up there... probably could score one especially if you have some of the AVP ones, or a Hicks.

I don't think I could part with my Preds for him. It'll be one of those figures I never obtain, a true "grail" I guess. I hate using that word!

My dream project is to get a PZ head cast and a straight jacket and hospital pants with a torn ankle restraint.

That sounds cool as does the Hopital gown Zero with IV hanging out of his arm.

sorry to ask this but what is so special about the zero figure that he goes for $400 and up is he just that rare

sorry to ask this but what is so special about the zero figure that he goes for $400 and up is he just that rare

He's the best looking zombie and he started this line. The whole zombie story revolves around him plus he is super limited. There's a bunch of good reasons for the high price. :D

I'd get him now because he is only going to shoot up in price. There are definitely some 12" figures that go for $800 and up. Glad I got two of these puppies. :horror:lol

PZ is so expensive for a variety of reasons. One, he is the first figure from this line when it was still underground and innovative. Two, there are only 300 and they sold out amazingly fast once released mostly to attendees. Three, with the line expanding he is the only one that people have had a hard time getting because a lot of the PZ were already passed around and sold early on so a lot of them ended up into collectors who were planning on keeping him already. Four, with every release people begin to feel that completist bug and sellers take full advantage of that.

Even the knock off Patient X that sold to look identical and sometimes better than PZ didn't deflate him at all.

The Security Guard, the best zombie of the line followed closely by the Babysitter, was easier to get because it was given away as prizes and sold on the secondary market freely. I have two of them and at one point had four from contest wins and cheap sales. He should be easier to track down.

that's what i was wondering myself, i mean it's just another zombie figure, but ....

Yup only 300 made. Plus he's the first figure in this line.

... this makes total sense for the insane collectors
i'm not that insane, i just want a nice line up of crazy looking zombies with the rest of my collection (tired of 6" figures) ..... i just need stuff i can pose with other 12" figures i own already :D

- ... he is the first figure from this line when it was still underground
- ... with every release people begin to feel that completist completes bug and sellers take full advantage of that

those are my two major problems, the completist in my will bother me until i obtain it somehow (custom make it if i have to) and i always have to have the first of everything i collect ... it's just that insane part of me ... not in a huge rush to get em, just wanted to see what my chances were

Even the knock off Patient X that sold to look identical and sometimes better than PZ didn't deflate him at all.

i would totally buy the knock off and it would make me happy and stop hunting :D

The Security Guard, the best zombie of the line followed closely by the Babysitter

those are my two absolute favorites also!

Back