please delete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: so, let's do a Joe/Cobra themed contest....

so what do you think about if i opened it up a bit and let you guys do your takes on joes/cobras from other eras/realms,franchises? like SW, or WW!...or steampunk...etc...?

and classic, original as well...

Any style as long as it's a Joe character.

And I'd say keep it freaks, screw them other boards.

I personally think its abit much, I like to stay within the Joe realm....as it is I hate updates and,...wait for it..................................................................................

"INTERPRETATIONS"

~G.I.JOE PUREST~

let's say...do a joe/cobra however you want.....classic...card art....your twist....anything goes....as long as it's a joe/cobra and you can tell who it is.....

it would be interesting to see who goes outside the box(for all of you SSC haters..that is..lol)

On the fence with this...
There are some BIG DAWGS out there, going to be real hard to compete :dunno
~feeling scared and Intimidated~ LOL

i'll make it fair...not so tough to compete...im talking to a few people about the way i should do it...will post things once i figure it out...no worries

On the fence with this...
There are some BIG DAWGS out there, going to be real hard to compete :dunno
~feeling scared and Intimidated~ LOL

Don't worry about the big dawgs. The most that can happen is you lose...LOL

No matter what, you get a chance to see new work from Spider, Ski, EF, Mando, and King. Wait...King, Ski, and Mando haven't signed up yet! Where are they???

We've also got Pacemaker out there making waves, Da Bronx Commando is coming on strong now, and some others like Scifi67 we haven't heard from in a while. This is a great opportunity to get some ideas and push past the SSC cancellation.

Sounds interesting. I have had a writers block of sorts, haven't done or felt like doing anything for a few months now for a variety of reasons. Maybe this can get me out of my slump.

I have to agree with ultra on this. I don't really want to see anything other than original card art or modern updates. I think we should keep it to that. Just my opinion.
PS: SF thanks for the support and kind words. I'm just trying to get to the level of some of the guys here.

As for how its "judged" I think a random drawing is the best in my opinion. Its not about skill or execution, should just be about everyone having fun and showing their work. A random drawing gives no one any type of advantage and will probably encourage more to join in.

I have to agree with ultra on this. I don't really want to see anything other than original card art or modern updates. I think we should keep it to that. Just my opinion.
PS: SF thanks for the support and kind words. I'm just trying to get to the level of some of the guys here.

lets vote on it...
make your voice heard..there are 16 or so of us so far that may do it...

so vote on...
classic all the way..or twists?

and random drawing or voted?

I think Card Art and Modern Interpretations (Twists) are cool as long as they are recognizable Joe/Cobra Characters.

I vote:

As long as its G I Joe character, anything goes. Too many retractions makes it more difficult if you are limiting people to what they can enter. Not everyone has the resources/time/money to make a card art specific figure. There should be some leeway given to give all parties involved equal opportunity.

And random drawing.

i think it should be open to whatever as well...gives you guys more options....you know...war era stuff...or steam punk...or video game..or star wars....all good different realms that you could put them in as well.....i want as many people to enter and have fun....

and random as well....

Back