Please correct firefly's mask!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still hopeful. A paint change should really be a fairly easy change all things considered. I mean we aren't expecting a whole new ouftit change at this point, just the way the mask is painted. Again, Plo Koon had the wrong saber color (similar to paint I guess) and we complained and it got changed. I don't think it is too unreasonable to expect some kind of change with Firefly.

yeah paint is the easiest thing to change, but we also dont know how close to production it is..
HT John connor V2 for example was presumably in production shortly after V1, based on its recent release (even before others which were announced before it)
hard to say, just have to wait and see...

p.s. i dont think it needs to be changed, but thats my thoughts... dont hit me

I can't see him being in production yet when Duke isn't even due to arrive for a while. Its not like the Cobra Sniper where there is just a new head and gun with different colored clothes than the Trooper. Firefly has a lot of new parts so he won't be available in just 2 months.

I'm still hopeful. A paint change should really be a fairly easy change all things considered. I mean we aren't expecting a whole new ouftit change at this point, just the way the mask is painted. Again, Plo Koon had the wrong saber color (similar to paint I guess) and we complained and it got changed. I don't think it is too unreasonable to expect some kind of change with Firefly.

Oh, I do think there's a chance they will change it. What I said I won't be holding my breath for is an explanation from them on why they veered so far from the original design (and even their own concept art) in the first place. They'd make and reveal fixes long before they'd issue a detailed Mea Culpa, imho.

Oh, I do think there's a chance they will change it. What I said I won't be holding my breath for is an explanation from them on why they veered so far from the original design (and even their own concept art) in the first place. They'd make and reveal fixes long before they'd issue a detailed Mea Culpa, imho.
--

They'll probably make it sound like it's their own decision/idea in the interests of satisfying their loyal GI JOE collectors/customers without ever admitting they erred on their part.

well. it did sell out. we won't know if we can show SSC our dissappointment until shipping time and see if there are a lot of cancellations.

I'd love to see a camo pattern painted onto the balaclave, so add my "signature".

I'll also be picking up a spare head loose to get repainted so I have a choice as to which way I want 'fly displayed.

well. it did sell out. we won't know if we can show SSC our dissappointment until shipping time and see if there are a lot of cancellations.

By then it won't matter and the fact it has sold out only reaffirms the fact that SS won't make any changes at all nor will they make any apologies for alienating the old-school fans and will simply turn the controversy into a positive optimistic spin on the demand for their modernized "updates." This can only mean that many more iconic characters are going to get altered beyond recognition as the line continues.

Please at least put some camo on the head. I have my preorder in but it will be cancelled for sure if the figure is not corrected

Can we get at least a yes or no if the mask will be changed to the camo pattern?

We might as well forget about it. All they really have to do is offer a slip-on camo balaclava akin to the Cobra ones and everyone should be happy but they won't. Besides, we have almost all the materials we need already to build our own Firefly proper without having to pay for Sideshow's imposter.

Back