Please correct firefly's mask!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
Ok, I understand there are some elements SSC would like to take creative license around on Firefly, such as the hood and the winter coat.

However, I think a fatal flaw they chose was to make his balacava all black rather than patterned. The patterned balacava is iconic to the character.

I request fans to sign off below. The hopes are since this figure is not yet out of production that a paint app change is possible on the assembly line!

You got my signature; please make it camo.

Firefly has always been my favorite GI Joe and I can't understand WHY Sideshow changed his balaclava from the camo shown from the proto/development pictures shown at SDCC. I doubt anything will change considering Sideshow rarely alters an item after it is shown, despite fan requests, but one can hope (although they will change ES).

every $20 someone needs to pay a customizer to fix this mask is $20 less to be spent on SSC product.

every $20 someone needs to pay a customizer to fix this mask is $20 less to be spent on SSC product.

You may want to try a bit higher on that one.....:lol You got my sig. This thing needs to be changed asap!!!!!! I was really looking forward to this figure after i got StormShadow.

You may want to try a bit higher on that one.....:lol You got my sig. This thing needs to be changed asap!!!!!! I was really looking forward to this figure after i got StormShadow.

Well, if they don't change it, I'll be sending mine to you to add the camo. Just the camo! That should only be $20 right? No eyes, or skin. Just easy camo! ;)

It wouldn't solve all the figures' problems, but it couldn't hurt. I certainly am not seriously considering this figure as is, and my main Sideshow interest is the GI Joe line. I was planning on getting 2-3 Fireflies if they were similar to the concept art.

This was a mistake, Sideshow. These aren't Star Wars collector-type complaints. I'm willing to accept a bit of artistic license, but this figure is completely wrong in so many fundamental ways that it fails to represent the essence of the character's design. That is unacceptable.

I'm out unless it looks like the pre-production art. This isn't Firefly without the camo mask and jumpsuit. The parka and solid-colored mask doesn't cut it.

Back