Please correct firefly's mask!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please fix Firefly period. A character like Firefly deserves better than re-using almost all of Snake-eyes' gear and being given a parka in place of his WHOLE OUTFIT THAT SHOULD BE CAMO. I'm passing, which is a shame, because I love Firefly and I have loved all the main release unique characters in the G.I.Joe line thus far. All this looks like is an 'arctic saboteur' variant on the trooper with Snake-eyes parts!

dscf2390q.jpg

firefly.jpg

You may want to try a bit higher on that one.....:lol You got my sig. This thing needs to be changed asap!!!!!! I was really looking forward to this figure after i got StormShadow.

I think you offer a great service, but over $20 for camo is too much. it doesn't take any shading or anything finely detailed or overly difficult once the pattern is drawn. Frankly I think a camo repaint (that is only 2 colors and not tigerstripe or anything) would require very little artistic ability. But I digress.

Last edited:
As much as I agree with changing other aspects, personally I think we have a decent shot at getting the balacava fixed and everyone's other complaints basically water down this very reasonable and easy to fix request.

It wouldn't solve all the figures' problems, but it couldn't hurt. I certainly am not seriously considering this figure as is, and my main Sideshow interest is the GI Joe line. I was planning on getting 2-3 Fireflies if they were similar to the concept art.
This was a mistake, Sideshow. These aren't Star Wars collector-type complaints. I'm willing to accept a bit of artistic license, but this figure is completely wrong in so many fundamental ways that it fails to represent the essence of the character's design. That is unacceptable.

Agree!

I am in for any change that will get it closer to the concept art, which was awesome!

Cmon SS have the stones to step in here and tell us the customers/fans what happened to the concept art design???

i say give us two heads, :lol
one changed for firefly and one for me to use on something else. like a cobra trooper(different expression)

the mask NEEDS to be painted.
It would also be great if a Regular BDU shirt in his urban pattern was offered with him as well so we're not limited to his "winter Parka" look.

Firefly mod by robbiethepainter:

fireflymod.jpg

And this is totally possible for Sideshow to do!

1) Have them change the headsculpt paint to this camo scheme. Simple. Requires no real work besides the actual painting. Nothing that shouldn't be easily altered at this stage.

2) Make sure the clothes come out grey instead of greenish. Again, shouldn't be a problem as I doubt they've sourced the fabric used for the production figures. And if they have, it is possible they are accurate (and the proto is as well) but it isn't photographing right.

So really, if the fabric is correct to begin with, all Sideshow needs to do to vastly improve the figure is change the mask paint and I just can't see that being a huge issue, especially since the figure isn't in production yet (at least I'm assuming). So yeah, lets get Sideshow working on fixing Firefly!

Back