Please! Can XM just have it's own area somewhere on this forum???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even use the search function is annoying... If there is a call for an XM freaks forum then someone should start one... SSC will really get the message then when nobody returns to this thread.... But it just looks sloppy now.

I go over to the other forum and I spend most of my time in the SSC thread. It's the company I like the best in terms of product + affordability. If I want to read about another product I go to another section. But mostly SS section is where I go.... Now I am a member here because I tend to like SSC. I have nothing against the occasional other company tread... But my goodness this is ridiculous. I am not saying to shut it down or delete it completely.. Just saying give it it's own space.

I agree the search function is wonky, but again click the '2' on the bottom of the forum and your problems would be solved.

Just because the 15 Hulk threads aren't on page 1 anymore doesn't mean the forum is dirty or not working efficiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first time I am happy and you know why? Because the collectors who are living in America are using the "affordable!" term:) In Turkey also Sideshow products are very hard to afford but no one listens till the XM pops-up:)! Our love of collecting doesn't based on if you can afford or not!

There are tons of company here and none of them have their own section! Sideshow rules the collection community for a very long time but now they have a good competitor! Is this the reason why XM should have another section? Hot Toys isn't a Sideshow company! Being a distributor doesn't mean you are the owner! Besides they are both producing 1/6 line of products and soon they will become natural competitors because HT has the rights of producing STAR WARS products! Then who do you think is gonna purchase Sideshow's Star Wars figures? If this forum is based on only Sideshow figures, then all the other companies have to leave or have to own their sections? ACI Toys and ASMUS are dominating the LOTR section now! DC Collectibles is dominating with their action-figures of Batman line! Kotobukiya is great company not only in producing bishoujo female characters but some awesome stuff in statue form! Gentle Giant is a pro in paint application but they are a little slow in producing! ARH is a fresh breath with their own unique lines of statues! Pop Culture, Bowen, HCG and custom section have all their fans here! Let me tell yo what! Maybe the name of this forum has to be changed cause Sideshow is not the only one anymore! This is not a bad thing cause world is changing! Our tastes are changing, this is the nature of collecting! First you begin with action-figure of G.I. Joe then in time you start to love statues:)
Competition is a good thing! LET them FIGHT! In the end we (collectors) will win and take the benefits of this fight! Don't be afraid of the CHANGE! It is inevitable!

Competition is good I agree... And SSF may not want to give it it's own section... But I would be posting the same thing is GG or Koto threads began dominating any section here. It's the SSF board... I have nothing against the other companies.. I buy from them.... But it would drive me crazy to visit the Star Wars section just to see 18 koto treads covering the first page of that section. So perhaps if XM can not have it's own section.. it could have it's own tread... I know that would drive the XM fans crazy but the could use the search function in that tread to find posts that talk about their product (That part is a joke.. Just giving back what I was told I could do)

I agree MO, trust me, options is nothing but beneficial for customers. I just feel that an XM section would help both parties. I see people who are preordering and in love with XM pieces getting trolled by "SSC fanboys" and unnecessarily heated conversations start. And vise versa. I feel like some of those confrontations could be avoided, making the forum a happier place in general.

Having it's own space won't change the fact that they have officially burst onto the scene as a serious threat/competitor to sideshow's business. All in all, I think having their own areas would reduce the number of trolling or hating. Comparisons will still happen irregardless. Just feel like some people go in threads just to be jerks because it's at the top of page 1. And that isn't fair to either Xam or Sideshow.

Goes the other way also... I was told that the butt hurt was beginning because I wanted XM to have it's own thread... Like I am some SSC fan boy... As you know I am one of the biggest complainers when SSC messes up... (Just ask Spidey) I just thought it would be nice to clean up the SS freaks Marvel section.

Yeah but you also have to understand, this forum, despite what some might think, is Sideshow centric. If you religate one company to its own section then you kinda have to do it for others. With SF i get it, they're about statues. SSF is a little different.

That is true. But the other companies don't fill up a whole page.

Yeah, I agree with Magnus. If you want to make a separate thread for XM, then why not just make different ones for every company?

What I said above.

I don't agree! I didn't become a member here for just loving Sideshow products! I am here because I love to collect! I love to collect TOYS and breathe the same air with the other collectors!

I love collecting other stuff also but this has gotten a bit over the top.

I go visit the XM threads that deal with characters I like.... So like I said.. It's not like I hate the company. I just wish the section was cleaned up a bit.

I have no issues with looking at all the XM threads with all those gorgeous statues. Now if only I had the money and space to collect these.

I can't believe what I am hearing:) Sorry Jaws but in my opinion if you are not good at using the forum's options then you will become ridiculous:)!

The place isn't dirty, it's exactly the same as it's been for awhile. Marvel statue threads in the Marvel statue forum.

It comes down to you not finding what you want on page one and being too lazy to click the '2' on the bottom of the forum.

I agree the search function is wonky, but again click the '2' on the bottom of the forum and your problems would be solved.

Just because the 15 Hulk threads aren't on page 1 anymore doesn't mean the forum is dirty or not working efficiently.

Are you both saying I should just go to page 2??? Why do that when I can just ask for XM to have it's own section :)

For the first time I am happy and you know why? Because the collectors who are living in America are using the "affordable!" term:) In Turkey also Sideshow products are very hard to afford but no one listens till the XM pops-up:)! Our love of collecting doesn't based on if you can afford or not!

I always feel bad for you guys in other countries... I can't imagine having to pay the prices you have to for shipping... However I am not saying I don't like XM because I can't afford it... I won't buy from them because they are too expensive.. Perhaps if they made the ultimate Hulk, Spidey, or Captain America I would rethink it but I don't think their product is good enough yet to justify the price. I will happily pay 900.00 for something that is worth 900.00 but XM is not there for me yet... and neither is SSC :)

true.

Ive gone the custom route before, my X-Force Archangel came out to $600 after shipping etc beautiful piece but I wouldnt do it again... even though I've seen some beautiful customs

Sideshow prices are tolerable for the moment but I dont want to make presumptions on sustainability this hobby only has a certain ceiling before it becomes too overbearing. If I diversified in XM or other producers it would certainly complicate things.

Sorry bro but I am not agree with you! Then all the other companies sections has to be closed if this forum is only based on Sideshow products and his distributors! This is not democratic! I am a Kurdish man who is living in Turkey and your advise reminds me of the sad days of bad politics of Turkish government to the Kurds! It is not acceptable!
The country which I live in name is Turkey but no one says to me you should live there and not to move in our area!!!!

it's a private forum, not a polictical regime..

i think the mods can decide what they want on the forum anyways. It's called Sideshow Freaks for a reason

The place isn't dirty, it's exactly the same as it's been for awhile. Marvel statue threads in the Marvel statue forum.

It comes down to you not finding what you want on page one and being too lazy to click the '2' on the bottom of the forum.

Oh and 15 hulk threads are not enough.... :)

Sorry bro but I am not agree with you! Then all the other companies sections has to be closed if this forum is only based on Sideshow products and his distributors! This is not democratic! I am a Kurdish man who is living in Turkey and your advise reminds me of the sad days of bad politics of Turkish government to the Kurds! It is not acceptable!

I am not sure you are talking to me... I never said get rid of any threads... Just make it a section... If GG or Koto took over a section on this board I would say the same for those companies also. Create their own section.... If this is not a SSC centric site then it's own section should not be an issue... If it is... Then... well.... I am guessing XM threads won't be around too long so perhaps everyone should join me in wishing for it's own section.

It is not the shipping costs only, the custom is the big problem in Turkey! You have to pay the %20 of the actual price to the government! It is insane! And my fellow American collectors advise me to send it back the product if it has a QC problem! You have an easy life there but world is big and there are collectors who live in EUROPE!:)

Normally the XM threads wouldn't be popping as much as they are currently. I've read through all of these posts and no one has even made mention of the fact that's it's SGTCC time in Singapore right now. There have been updated pics and new sneaks released. It's like SDCC all over again for Marvel fans that are into XM but it's only Marvel hence the massive amount of attention XM is getting in this section. It's only a two day event that's now over so I'm sure things will simmer down moving forward this week. Deadpool variant should be in hand soon. That's exciting SS stuff :yess:

Ok Jaws, you don't want to understand me! If it is a SS centric site, then the white man has to be the leader! I only understand that!

It's not that I don't want to understand you....... It's that I don't understand you.... Never once have I asked for anything to be closed down... Just organized.

Last edited:
Normally the XM threads wouldn't be popping as much as they are currently. I've read through all of these posts and no one has even made mention of the fact that's it's SGTCC time in Singapore right now. There have been updated pics and new sneaks released. It's like SDCC all over again for Marvel fans that are into XM but it's only Marvel hence the massive amount of attention XM is getting in this section. It's only a two day event that's now over so I'm sure things will simmer down moving forward this week. Deadpool variant should be in hand soon. That's exciting SS stuff :yess:

Well then perhaps a SGTCC section would be nice ;) :)

Last edited:
It is not the shipping costs only, the custom is the big problem in Turkey! You have to pay the %20 of the actual price to the government! It is insane! And my fellow American collectors advise me to send it back the product if it has a QC problem! You have an easy life there but world is big and there are collectors who live in EUROPE!:)

Believe you me... If I had QC issues with SSC and it cost that much to ship and deal with customs I would not buy their products. Love of collecting or not.

The mods will figure something out, we are not looking for the oppression of XM fans, just better organization.

I think Ludacris put it best in his remarkable song

Move ***** get out the way

It's not that I don't want to understand you....... It's that I don't understand you.... Never once have I asked for anything to be closed down... Just organized.

Organized for WHAT? This is the question! You want it to be organized cause you think if this forum's name is SIDESHOW Freaks, then the others will be automatically MINORITY! You think you deserve the best for your comfort!

If we stopped talking about XM statues the Marvel forum would be dead... There's only so many words you can use to describe how SS screwed up Jean Grey and Emma Frost :)

Back