Please! Can XM just have it's own area somewhere on this forum???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
No insult to the company. They make nice things.... But the first page has 18 different XM threads.... Just makes it a pain to look for SSC things on a SSC forum site....

Sure the Marvel thread might be lonely for awhile but it will be much easier to navigate through.

Some of this of course is purely selfishness on my part since I just don't ever see spending the cash to get one of these items... As nice as they are, the shipping puts this out of range.

Would be different if they were just putting things out a little at a time but man 18 threads of it on the first page is a bit much... IMO anyways.

Agree there should be different section for XM..... as they r announcing more stuff we need separate section.

:lecture

They make nice things I have no interest in.
Just look past you might say but they are dominating the Marvel section.

As JAWS said, it's SIDESHOW Freaks...Not XM Freaks.
Seperate XM section would be appreciated.

This should be considered. Especially if the other two rumored lines come out. There are at least two sections of the boards that would be caught completely unprepared.

Oh and Yank it isn't about being ******** it is just that XM has reached a critical mass here. They gave them their own section over at SF.

This should be considered. Especially if the other two rumored lines come out. There are at least two sections of the boards that would be caught completely unprepared.

Oh and Yank it isn't about being ******** it is just that XM has reached a critical mass here. They gave them their own section over at SF.

The 'Marvel Action Figures' section has been railroaded by Hot Toys and page 1 dominated by Hot Toys iron Man threads for years, yet there isn't a dedicated HT forum.

Same goes for the 'DC Action Figures' section and HT TDK Batman dominating it.

It's butt hurt, it's okay to say it. :lol

The 'Marvel Action Figures' section has been railroaded by Hot Toys and page 1 dominated by Hot Toys iron Man threads for years, yet there isn't a dedicated HT forum.

Same goes for the 'DC Action Figures' section and HT TDK Batman dominating it.

It's butt hurt, it's okay to say it. :lol

I don't know. I would consider it tidier to have an XM section and an SSC section. Just easier to keep up to date on various lines

Considering this is a forum focused on Sideshow created and distributed products, it's hard to imagine the admin creating a separate section for products that are competition.

I think an "XM 1/4 Scale Marvel Statues" thread would do the trick. The General Forum has a "Popcultureshock Masters of the Universe Statues" thread instead of a new thread for every individual statue.

I think an "XM Marvel Statues" thread would do the trick. The General Forum has a "Popcultureshock Masters of the Universe Statues" thread instead of a new thread for every individual statue.
Yeah, I don't see any problem making that happen if people have difficulties finding specific threads.

I think an "XM 1/4 Scale Marvel Statues" thread would do the trick. The General Forum has a "Popcultureshock Masters of the Universe Statues" thread instead of a new thread for every individual statue.
That would be one loaded thread with the amount of items XM have revealed and planned.

I don't know. I would consider it tidier to have an XM section and an SSC section. Just easier to keep up to date on various lines

No argument here. But again, this suggestion has been made a lot in the other sections I referenced and it's never been changed.

Anything relatively new to either company is located on page 1 or 2 here, so this really is laughable imo.

tumblr_inline_n168o42qhj1rt6qr4.gif

I doubt they will make a section for XM. The mods already made a big deal about having all these XM threads... they even made me take down my "XM Online dealers list" thread from my signature. Ink even mentioned that we shouldn't be surprised if they scrapped all the XM threads one day.

Ain't gonna happen.

Condensing all XM threads into one is a terrible idea. They have to much going on to dig through one general thread. XM is the answer many Marvel fans have been yearning for. SS has dropped the Marvel ball and XM is running with it. I still love me some SS, just now in smaller doses. Gladiator Hulk is damn good but SS almost always does a bang up job on their Hulks. Xmen however, is hurting. Giving XM their own section seems fair enough but the forces that be are against it. We all love statues, so I'm not rooting for any one company to fail....I want them all to give us great choices to pick from. It's what's best for all of us as consumers.

Considering this is a forum focused on Sideshow created and distributed products, it's hard to imagine the admin creating a separate section for products that are competition.

Nowhere is that stated in the FAQ 'Statement of purpose', in fact it's quite the opposite:

Statement of Purpose
Sideshow Freaks a/k/a SideshowCollectors.com is the premiere online community for fans of pop culture collectibles - ranging from one sixth figures to statues to prop replicas and anything in between. The purpose of this forum is to provide a fan and licensee friendly site for anyone who shares a passion for movies, television shows, comics and other entertainment media to share information, find reviews of items from fellow fans, and discuss common topics of interest. Our main goal is to cultivate a deep sense of community within the entertainment memorabilia community and between fans and artists, manufacturers and distributors of collectibles. Sideshow Freaks is not sponsored by Sideshow Collectibles and no member of the forum staff is employed by Sideshow. However the forum has a excellent working relationships with Sideshow and the site does have a sales affiliate relationship with the company.

Of course it's true that all kinds of things are discussed here, but the primary focus has always been Sideshow and Sideshow distributed products, hence the forum name. The admin himself has stated this in the past. He might have added the new language preceding the disclaimer there to place more distance between this forum and SSC for legal purposes, as with the recent forum update a number of people not familiar with the forum were confused about that.

I like everything just the way it is. I love the competition between the 2 companies. If a company wants peeps talking about their merch, produce some great statues. There's a reason XM is dominating the Marvel section...look at their amazing pieces.

Back