Please C&C: repainted my Iron Man Mark VII Battle Damaged to look like the Prototype.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Please C&C: repainted my Iron Man Mark VII Battle Damaged to look like the Prototype.

I read thinking my Iron Man Battle Damaged Mark VII.

I fell in love with the pictures of the prototype, and was slightly disappointed with the look of the actual figure. I kept it anyway and decided to do a repaint.

It surprized me how many hours of careful painting where required, And how much silver, black, red and browns were needed to fix the suit and the face. I must say I am very happy with the results. I really look forward to hearing your opinion.

In the final picture, I placed the picture of the prototype, my version, and two pictures of the 'regular' battle damaged Mark 7 next to each other for a better comparison.

Please let me know what you think.

ironman3.jpg

ironman2.jpg

ironman1.jpg

ironman4.jpg

ironman5.jpg

ironman6.jpg

ironman7.jpg

Re: Please C&C: repainted my Iron Man Mark VII Battle Damaged to look like the Protot

Looks amazing.

Re: Please C&C: repainted my Iron Man Mark VII Battle Damaged to look like the Protot

I think your repaint looks really good. Much darker than the actual product. Good job!

As I stated in the other thread... Looks fantastic! Excellent workmanship there! :hi5:

Really terrific job!

:horror
That's incredible! I fell in love with the prototype too and thought about adding a little more damage. But you added every single detail. GREAT job!! :clap :clap

Looks great, the more metallic BD look is awesome.

Brilliant work!!

Thanks for all the kind and supportive words everyone. I also got a lot of PMs and emails. To those who asked how I did it, please just follow the pointers and get started yourself. It is so worth it.

Because of this support, I have bit the bullet, bought myself a real professional airbrush setup and will do some more.

For my next challenge, I have bought a regular mark VII which I will try to turn into a battle damaged mark VII. I will post the results if they're not too awful ;-)

I don't know if it's ok, but I am putting this one up for sale. I bought it at a premium on ebay, because I missed the preorder: https://www.ebay.nl/itm/200986565665?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Looks amazing

$850 holy jeebus

he said he bought it from ebay, so im guessing he has 700 in it, so 150 isn't really crazy is it? for custom paint app, i dont know, havn't ever priced it out before

he said he bought it from ebay, so im guessing he has 700 in it, so 150 isn't really crazy is it? for custom paint app, i dont know, havn't ever priced it out before

Good point. I didn't consider he may have bought it when it was peaking there :lol

It is a beautiful paint app for sure :rock

Thanks, actually, indeed I payed just over $700 for it after import duties, shipping and taxes (which are close to 25% here).

The BIN price is $799 (the other $50 is for worldwide shipping), so after ebay fees, I won't be making any money on it at all. I determined the price so I'd break even.

If all goes well, I do hope to be able to offer custom battle damaged Iron Mans for much less, if I can buy regular suits for regular prices.

Started on my regular Mark VII suit yesterday and the first few sessions with the new (professional) airbrush went really well. Repainted the suit to be a darker red like the original and airbrushed powder burn marks like the BD mark VII are almost done! Then on to dry brushing, weathering, and a lot of detailed paintbrush and artists pencil work.

Great fun!!!

Last edited:
Back