Playstation Allstars battle royale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo lame. The appeal about SSB is the Nintendo characters with whom so many gamers have a fond memory of growing up with over the years. Sony really doesn't have that just yet.

~~~Thinking about this makes me want to hook up my Dreamcast and bust up some Power Stone!!!!

True SOny never stuck with characters to make them as iconic as any of the Mario gang. Classic characters could be Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and maybe Croc?

The problem is aswell is that most of their iconic characters are badass, like Cole, Snake or that Twisted Metal guy. SSB style game-play doesn't suit half of the roster

I just read that nintendo is working on new video game charcters cause the ones they have now are so old.

Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble is another Smash Bros clone which wasn't perfect, but at least had decent characters to make it moderately enjoyable.

Meh. This will be okay, but nothing special.

Too bad Tomb Raider isn't a PS exclusive anymore.

Maybe we'll get two characters from Uncharted? Drake and Chloe?

I hope they announce a bundle deal for battle allstars cause I want the vita version and the ps3 version.

Been playing this game all fricking night/day....it's a blast! They did a great job of including the serious characters like Kratos, Raiden and Cole and the funny, more childish characters like Fat Princess. Every character is fun to play as. They all have badass moves. It looked too chaotic to me at first when I watched the gameplay videos, but actually playing it it becomes quite smooth and just plain fun. They truly made the game fun. Nathan Drake is as fun to play with as Sweet Tooth, Dante, or Ratchet and Clank.

I'm a diehard God of War fan...but going online I can see Kratos is the most noob friendly and probably strongest character. He's just such a beast. So maybe I'll keep playing arcade with him to rank up but get better with another character for online mode. This is the most silly fun I have had playing a game since Little Big Planet and Super Mario Bros. 2

I've been thinking about picking this game up. All of the gameplay videos make it look really fun.

I really want to play as Drake, Raiden and Jak/Daxter.

I feel it's a very safe recommendation. It's just pure fun. It's fun online, it's fun playing with someone next to you, the unlockables and customization is pretty neat. And like I said, and I can't stress it enough, is that they did everybody justice. I've been spending most of my time playing as Kratos, Drake, Raiden, Dante, Nariko, Cole, Evil Cole, and Sweet Tooth...all the serious characters I suppose, but they are all badass. And Ratchet and Clank, Jak/Daxter, Sly Cooper are fun as hell too.

Is there a decent story mode for each character?

It's like Smash Bros., I'll say that. It feels just like it except different characters. No great storylines at all. Felt like the old Tekken games where characters would hear about warriors coming together for a tournament or event and everybody just wants to beat the top dog. But it's a bit silly. Like Kratos and Sweet Tooth are each other's nemesis because Kratos knocked over Sweet Tooth's ice cream cone and refused to pick it up or pay for it lol. It's like that.

Last edited:
It's like Smash Bros., I'll say that. It feels just like it except different characters. No great storylines at all. Felt like the old Tekken games where characters would hear about warriors coming together for a tournament or event and everybody just wants to beat the top dog. But it's a bit silly. Like Kratos and Sweet Tooth are each other's nemesis because Kratos knocked over Sweet Tooth's ice cream cone and refused to pick it up or pay for it lol. It's like that.

:lol sounds funny

Back