Playstation Allstars battle royale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, blantant rip-off of SSB is an understatement.

Yeah but who cares the game looks amazing and it will be years untill the new one comes out for wii u and 3ds. I love the use of all the playstation charcters from all the big games too.

One of the biggest draws of Smash Bros., to me, is the ability to play as all these classic, iconic NES characters. Parappa the Rapper and Kratos are the only two I'm really familiar with from that list.

One of the biggest draws of Smash Bros., to me, is the ability to play as all these classic, iconic NES characters. Parappa the Rapper and Kratos are the only two I'm really familiar with from that list.

This is why I think the game and idea is crap. Blatant rip off of SSB and I don't know why but it makes me mad. I doubt I'll ever play this game.

As long is the gameplay is good, who cares if it is a rip-off.

Well like I said before, I think there's more to it than just gameplay when you're doing a party game like this. It does suggest (as is often the case) that Nintendo is really ahead of the curve in some ways. But yeah, if the gameplay is good, then power to them.

There have been quite a few games that followed the SSB formula, it's just not a lot of them were released in NA. TMNT smash up is a good example.

There have been quite a few games that followed the SSB formula, it's just not a lot of them were released in NA. TMNT smash up is a good example.

TMNT smash up was actually made by the guys who made SSB.

My biggest problem with the game is they didn't even try to hide the rip-off. It's almost like they took the engine and just changed the models. Even the lifebars are identical.

funny how in gameplay i think its fat princess makes noises that almost sound like pikachu from ssb. but i think its just cool theres a ssb but for sony characters. even if im a lil biased lol

Plenty that followed the SSB formula. Here's two off the top of my head other than the aforementioned TMNT:

Battle Stadium D.O.N.
Basically Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Naruto SSB style game (controls were even the same as SSB!).
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTfRjciJEVY&feature=related[/ame]

Dream Mix TV
This game was different, had Solid Snake, Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Simon Belmont to name a few.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlFC4D3cq8[/ame]

Im really looking forward to this game it will be a day 1 purchase for me. I really hope they make 1 for the vita too so I have one to take on the road with me.

I was looking forward to this before i saw its an almost exact rip of SSB. I thought this game was gonna be more original than that :(

I was looking forward to this before i saw its an almost exact rip of SSB. I thought this game was gonna be more original than that :(

If its going to be fun and have bad ass sony charcters in it who cares if its a ripp off:dunno . Some people act like this is the first game to take an idea from another game and use it. Like I said day 1 buy for me game will be really fun.

Back