Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the home 3D is actually better than the theater--the IMAX 3D was pretty bad when I went to Avatar, and the theater I usually go to has a bit of ghosting, but our 3D at home is much better.

By the way--as for 3D content, if you haven't seen Jurassic Park in 3D you should, they did a fantastic job with it.

if you think 3d at the cinema is bad, then there is something wrong with your cinema. the 3D IMAX machines if they truely are the 3D IMAX machines....the picture is amazing. there is no such thing as ghosting in todays time. that is an improper calibrated machine.

a lot of theaters around the US just have a 3D projector stuck in it. don't have it calibrated and then you end up with crap. Star Trek Into Darkness is one of the best 3D films and that is a conversion. Avatar probably the greatest. Prometheus was spectacular as well actually. these setups must be done right and take careful consideration. but home projector vs theater...there is no competition. i run a Panasonic PTE-7000 projector on a 120" screen in a light controlled room, had it for a few years now. but it still does not compare to the theater. i loved playing KZ3 in 3D...was the only way i played. 3D is best served on the biggest TV or screen you and possibly fit. you need to fill your vision with everything in 3d.

IMAX is an amazing experience, where I stay we have two cinemas with IMAX that's not bad then we have the science centre where the screen is like 3 stories high - now that is spectacular!

When I saw avatar the first time it felt like I went to pandora too.
But I agree that it looks epic on my 47inch samsung tio

if you think 3d at the cinema is bad, then there is something wrong with your cinema. the 3D IMAX machines if they truely are the 3D IMAX machines....the picture is amazing. there is no such thing as ghosting in todays time. that is an improper calibrated machine.

a lot of theaters around the US just have a 3D projector stuck in it. don't have it calibrated and then you end up with crap. Star Trek Into Darkness is one of the best 3D films and that is a conversion. Avatar probably the greatest. Prometheus was spectacular as well actually. these setups must be done right and take careful consideration. but home projector vs theater...there is no competition. i run a Panasonic PTE-7000 projector on a 120" screen in a light controlled room, had it for a few years now. but it still does not compare to the theater. i loved playing KZ3 in 3D...was the only way i played. 3D is best served on the biggest TV or screen you and possibly fit. you need to fill your vision with everything in 3d.

The IMAX we went to for Avatar was very weird, I never have issues with 3D but that one had problems for like half the movie, and the glasses were pretty crappy--it was a real IMAX too, the one in Dallas.
Normally we go to the Cinemark XD theater, it has good 3D for the most part, but you'll notice the ghosting when there's a lot of contrast between elements. The active 3D glasses at home don't have that as much.

The IMAX we went to for Avatar was very weird, I never have issues with 3D but that one had problems for like half the movie, and the glasses were pretty crappy--it was a real IMAX too, the one in Dallas.
Normally we go to the Cinemark XD theater, it has good 3D for the most part, but you'll notice the ghosting when there's a lot of contrast between elements. The active 3D glasses at home don't have that as much.

i have avatar 3d for my home theater. there is very very little ghosting. typically ghosting will occur when the images are so far apart that can't "blend" together 2 form one picture. we have one of the few IMAX HFR 3D theaters close to home. there are 2 3D projectors to make that happen. like a million or 2 a piece. some theaters are retro fit. some theaters have 3d (single projector) just thrown on...wrong screen....no calibration and people can have real terrible experiences. definitely not unheard of. especially those theaters that retro fit and just 3D. lots of theaters don't have the money to fully upgrade the screens and projectors calibrations to have a proper viewing.

hardware is getting better, encoding is getting better as 99% of films are using post production 3D as opposed to 3D cameras used in avatar. or even the budget 3d camera "red cameras" are still to expensive for companies to use so they go to post production. so ghosting will be at a minimum.

i do enjoy the 3D experience....however it needs to fit the film or game. 3D everything is not needed or wanted. i truly loved KZ3 in 3D. took a lil calibration or more than a little to get the ghosting out. MP barely had any. single player was plagued with it. but it was a forerunner. i wish more games had a 3D experience. when those bullets wiz by your head from snipers missing and you see the air displaced...cool effect.

Motorstorm Apocalypse was my favorite 3d gaming experience. That game was so much cooler in 3d. Very intense. Super Stardust hd was great too. The fps games I tried didn't work as well imo. Not sure why. Id love to see Resogun in 3d. That would be awesome.

I got the ps3 2 years after its release and only then did alot of its features start coming out. It better bit take that long with PS4!!!!!

Especially since most of the stuff i want is already available on ps3!

why not try to get a replacement with your receipt. its been less than 2 weeks or 30 days right? id pack it up and bring it to the store to see if theyll find a new one for you. id claim defect since theyve already had stupid problems at launch.

Motorstorm Apocalypse was my favorite 3d gaming experience. That game was so much cooler in 3d. Very intense. Super Stardust hd was great too. The fps games I tried didn't work as well imo. Not sure why. Id love to see Resogun in 3d. That would be awesome.

totally with ya on that. It was so much better in 3d and almost, dare I say at the time, felt next gen ish.
Crysis was pretty decent aswell.

Getting my PS4 in few hours, going for the midnight launch (From where i am) :)

add me up on PSN
SolidNSnake1985

Back