Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn I was hoping to play through the uncharted series.

There is the upcoming streaming thing(no idea if its extra cost ect..) but you may be able to through that. I also could see more games becoming PS4 digital downloads especially games that have sequels coming out.

I've only had 360 so would have been cool to play through all the PS3 goodness that I've missed out on. Hope the streaming thing comes soon.

Yeah that's true. Would have made too much sense for the next gen to be backwards compatible, for all their boasting of an all in one entertainment device.

Newb question: I've never played Infamous and saw a bundle pack for digital download in the PSN store. It says playable on PS3, but if I have a PS4, will it also play on that?

I understand that PS3 discs won't play on the PS4, but I naively hoping because this is a digital download, things would be different??? (Haven't downloaded it either because I'm not holding my breath. :lol)

I read mfoga's reply, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Newb question: I've never played Infamous and saw a bundle pack for digital download in the PSN store. It says playable on PS3, but if I have a PS4, will it also play on that?

I understand that PS3 discs won't play on the PS4, but I naively hoping because this is a digital download, things would be different??? (Haven't downloaded it either because I'm not holding my breath. :lol)

From what I've heard, some PS3 games will eventually be playable as downloads soon, but not yet. If you can play the Infamous games though, I highly recommend them. They're awesome games and my personal favorite exclusive franchise on the Playstation.

From what I've heard, some PS3 games will eventually be playable as downloads soon, but not yet. If you can play the Infamous games though, I highly recommend them. They're awesome games and my personal favorite exclusive franchise on the Playstation.

I'd really like to. My PS3 isn't reading discs, so I was thinking of downloading them but if they wont play on the PS4, then I'm hesistent. I want the convenience of accessing it on my PS4 and not have to keep my PS3. I'm so far behind on awesome PS3 games, it's not even funny.

Did you see it in the PSN store on the PS4 or online? I thought only games you can play on the PS4 would show up if you look on the PS4.

Did you see it in the PSN store on the PS4 or online? I thought only games you can play on the PS4 would show up if you look on the PS4.

Online.

I haven't even plugged in my PS4 yet. Trying to hold back until I have something to play. :lol

Good to know. I'm going to try and take my PS3 apart on my next day off and see if I can get clean the lens off. It's not reading Blus consistently anymore. Hoping it's just the lens. Then, I'll just catch up using the ol' PS3.

okay so considering that there arent many games for the ps4 out yet, would it be better for me to wait a couple of months to buy a ps4 or should i just take the plunge? the only reason i could think of waiting it out is that maybe sony'll work out the major or minor issues its had with the console, which truth be told i havent read of any aside from the blue? light flashing on (whatever that is) and loud cooling fans. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

okay so considering that there arent many games for the ps4 out yet, would it be better for me to wait a couple of months to buy a ps4 or should i just take the plunge? the only reason i could think of waiting it out is that maybe sony'll work out the major or minor issues its had with the console, which truth be told i havent read of any aside from the blue? light flashing on (whatever that is) and loud cooling fans. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If you've got the money now you may as well buy. It's not like the PS4 is going to become less expensive or see a hardware refresh in the next six months. Plus it may take a while to actually get your hands on one, so if you do so now you'll be ready when the 2014 games start releasing.

If you've got the money now you may as well buy. It's not like the PS4 is going to become less expensive or see a hardware refresh in the next six months. Plus it may take a while to actually get your hands on one, so if you do so now you'll be ready when the 2014 games start releasing.

The big games are going to start coming out next month with Infamous so consider what stuff is coming out and what you want to play.

yeah, i know that some good games are goin to start coming out starting out with thief which is a game i would like to get for ps4 not ps3 but eh, i had gone to Target a while ago and saw they had 2 ps4 consoles and why i posted my question, well after i read Spanbauer's post i decided to head back and they were gone. i know and i im not waiting for a price drop cuz i know thats not happening but i meant, the more i wait the less chance of getting a console with issues but i guess thats what the warranty is for.

Back