Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would trust the Chinese factory over the Japanese factory. When was the last time they made CE devices in Japan?

I would trust the Chinese factory over the Japanese factory. When was the last time they made CE devices in Japan?

Foxconn is a pretty famous factory. Made students work salve labour to make the ps4 or they would fail at school/uni.

There was a message also that came out of Foxconn that they did not treat the ps4 to well in production because of this.

Also a lot of ps3 where made in japan. They outsourced also.

You're joking right? Japan has a better build quality record overall in everything. And also the last time we saw something built in Japan was a long time ago because the world has gotten too cheap (as in, "being cheap") and outsourced everything.

Foxconn is a pretty famous factory. Made students work salve labour to make the ps4 or they would fail at school/uni.

There was a message also that came out of Foxconn that they did not treat the ps4 to well in production because of this.

Also a lot of ps3 where made in japan. They outsourced also.

I am well aware of Foxconn. They make seemingly every major CE at this point. And the failure rate is very low so yes I would trust them regardless of the politics and the cost.

You're joking right? Japan has a better build quality record overall in everything. And also the last time we saw something built in Japan was a long time ago because the world has gotten too cheap (as in, "being cheap") and outsourced everything.

Show me the last major CE product that was exclusively or majority was built in Japan and show me how there failure rate is better.

been looking for a PS4 but nothing yet, i keep calling GS they tell me maybe by black Friday.

PS4 Take a little shot at microsoft.
[ame="https://youtu.be/jGQ6r8xaCcQ"]https://youtu.be/jGQ6r8xaCcQ[/ame]

I am well aware of Foxconn. They make seemingly every major CE at this point. And the failure rate is very low so yes I would trust them regardless of the politics and the cost.

Show me the last major CE product that was exclusively or majority was built in Japan and show me how there failure rate is better.

Am sure it would be pretty darn hard to find any info to back that up.
The HDMI issue seems to be coming from a certain batch made from one of the Chinese factory's. Cant remember where i seen it. Migth have been gaf

Less likely to get the issue = a bunch of happy Europeans :D

Not as if the 1%> is bad mind you if that is indeed the number

Last edited:

Yes it would be difficult to pull out facts on paper considering outsourcing has been going on for the longest now.
All I know is that the old PS1 was made in Japan and their failure rate was next to nothing, and they supplied the one of the best cd players ever made. Oh, before you start with the whole "PS1 was sooo long ago" arguement, it just shows how long things have been outsourcing.
It is a known fact that Japanese stuff has a better build quality.
Oh, and yeah, show me some statistics where a major chinese made CE product had a better build quality than Japan.

Last edited:
Yes it would be difficult to pull out facts on paper considering outsourcing has been going on for the longest now.
All I know is that the old PS1 was made in Japan and their failure rate was next to nothing, and they supplied the one of the best cd players ever made. Oh, before you start with the whole "PS1 was sooo long ago" arguement, it just shows how long things have been outsourcing.
It is a known fact that Japanese stuff has a better build quality.
Oh, and yeah, show me some statistics where a major chinese made CE product had a better build quality than Japan.

That whole Japanese products are built better is older than a PS1. Asking a workforce to do something they don't regularly do is not going to produce a better product than a workforce who is use to doing something. Ask yourself who is taking this job to build a PS4 in Japan? It's not likely going to be a long term job.

One Week to go :impatient:

Yeah that's exactly why everyone is so against going all digital & that's just one of the reasons.

It makes no sense whatsoever. Buying a disc means you can use it and sell it and lend it to friends all for around £50 whereas digital you can only use it and on one account for a trumped up price.

Sony is smoking some bad weed

I only get digital when its cheaper (or its download only) like vanquish was £3 odd during the Scifi sale!

On Japanese models. My original ps1 2 & 3 all work perfectly to this day..
But also EVERYTHING is made in china so no worries guys!

NBA 2k is on sale for $49 right now.....[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBRM3G8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]

Back