Playmates 12" Tombraider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this figure could be used for a 12" custom? I would like to take the outfit and the head and use it on another female body. Is this possible? What body could I get the cheapest?? Thanks for your help!!

Cowboy said:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this figure could be used for a 12" custom? I would like to take the outfit and the head and use it on another female body. Is this possible? What body could I get the cheapest?? Thanks for your help!!

Yep - it's a doable custom; had mine on one of BBi's Perfect Bodies (two new ones are due out soon too while we wait for Triad's bods) for a while.

Nick

Cowboy said:

I used an old cygirls body for mine and am in the process of redoing her with the black tights in the scene from the first movie where they get attacked by the stone statues. I'll post a few pics when I get finished
indyjones.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys!! Can you show some more pic's if you have them?
Is Ebay the only place to find these cygirl bodies?

Is Ebay the only place to find these cygirl bodies?

yes and no. if you want a body RIGHT NOW!!!! then yes eBay is one of your only options. if you scrounge around you maybe able to find an online retailer with some in stock. estimated price $50-200.

if you can wait a month, BBI is releasing a new version of it's take on the CyGirl (they were the North American distributers). for $15 you get all the action-y goodness and 2 different size busts. (click here for a retailer)

there are other options available to you right now. OJI and Solider Story have both produced a body roughly similar to the CyGirl 1.0 and is available for $19.99 and $12.99, respectivly.

How many reputable stores are there where I can buy the new body? BBI's website isn't up to date is it? I would really like to get the new body.

as of right now, there aren't a whole lot of places that have them up. that doesn't mean that they will be rare, only that retailers are waiting till they get stovk in hand before taking orders. once they are released, you should be able to pick them up all over but as for now here are your choices

Old Joe Infirmary
Cotswold Collectibles
Justice Fighters

all three of these vendors are great retailers that i have order from.

Ok I bought the hispanic perfect body because I thought Lara would be more tan. Now I have to repaint the head, but I need some boots. The one's that came with her are part of the legs. I also need some decent guns. Can anyone help me? Show me some pic's if you've done this custom please. And any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Cowboy said:
Ok I bought the hispanic perfect body because I thought Lara would be more tan. Now I have to repaint the head, but I need some boots. The one's that came with her are part of the legs. I also need some decent guns. Can anyone help me? Show me some pic's if you've done this custom please. And any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Go to Triad Toys they have the silver wetsuit from Tomb Raider II, a pair of boots that are perfect, but the end of the month they have a custom environment display that is inspired by the first Tomb Raider movie
https://triadtoys.com/estore/product/product.jsp?prodId=1001845&randID=1174753488461

https://triadtoys.com/estore/product/product.jsp?prodId=1001919&randID=1174753493842

https://triadtoys.com/estore/product/product.jsp?prodId=1001435&randID=1174753540090
10821.jpg

10759.jpg

10837.jpg

Last edited:
ooh that's not bad at all, that could look just like Angelina jolie with a repaint. I might have to think about doing one of these for myself now! :cool:

So those are the boots from triad??? They look great!! Did you repaint the face? Thats a nice custom!!!!

hunky_artist said:
ooh that's not bad at all, that could look just like Angelina jolie with a repaint. I might have to think about doing one of these for myself now! :cool:

What would you do for the repaint?????? I need to paint mine.

oops...... has that face already been repainted? I just thought it was the original toy paint job. How crap do I feel right about now.

as for me? I'd just.... well, do my thing, lol. Paint the eyes again, and the skin, lips... just do my artistic thing. It's hard to say what I'd do in literal terms. I'd get dozens of jolie reference photos (such a hard job) and basically try to make that head look exactly the same

hunky_artist said:
oops...... has that face already been repainted? I just thought it was the original toy paint job. How crap do I feel right about now.

as for me? I'd just.... well, do my thing, lol. Paint the eyes again, and the skin, lips... just do my artistic thing. It's hard to say what I'd do in literal terms. I'd get dozens of jolie reference photos (such a hard job) and basically try to make that head look exactly the same

You make it sound so easy!! LOL!!:D

hunky_artist said:

sign me up for one.:cool:

Back