Play Toy 1/6 scale Bride Killer version 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy pass... the head is why. while kill bill is awesome, this figure just isn't up to par with the movie!

easy pass... the head is why. while kill bill is awesome, this figure just isn't up to par with the movie!

The outfit is pretty cool though. I'm thinking about buying a generic medicom RAH body and letting the outfit carry the representation of the movie. Although I probably won't.

Like a mannequin you mean?

That's basically what I have right now on my shelf. I have the iMiniMe on a Medicom body, headless, with those knock off EB shoes. This pic has the helmet on, but it's headless on my shelf because I don't put blu tac on my figures, & that helmet is crazy wobbly.

kNTx2Vy.png

Kinda boyish (it's a male RAH body), but I don't mind too much right now. I do want to eventually get a better suited body though.

Not bad at all. Already pre ordered mine. Play Toy did an alright Cameron Diaz portrait. Not sure why they didn't put a bit more effort in the Uma Thurman portrait.

No. The body it came with is on the default tracksuit version. I upgraded my pre order to include the biker outfit. So it didn't come with a body, or extra shoes. My plan (then) was to display it in the biker outfit (my preferred look), but then I was surprised when the hair came glued on the sculpt, instead of using magnets as shown earlier (was pretty disappointed about that), so my plan of simply putting a straight blond wig on it, didn't happen. So it's displayed with her tracksuit on.

Sometimes I think about carefully removing the hair, but the price I paid + my modding skills, might not be the best idea :lol

I thought it was some other companies bike, but I'm not sure. It does look good with the helmet on. I'm curious as to whether the helmet is placed over the actual sculpt or not.

Must be a different company's bike. Figure looks good on it though.

It's a 1/6 Honda CBR 929RR diecast by NewRay. Just watched Kill Bill the other day. The bike in the movie is a Kawasaki 22R250, but I don't think it exists in this scale. I just picked up the 1/6 Honda on eBay for $36. I was pleasantly surprised/shocked to get it that cheap, as it seems to be in very short supply. I'm not overly impressed with the figure's head sculpt, but I love the look of her on the bike wearing the helmet. Looking forward to displaying Beatrix atop my detolfs!

Got this in today. Considering it was around $119, I'm quite happy with it. I also have the MW custom version, so I was curious if I'd like anything better, & I do. It has a better sword, & I like how the helmet functions like a helmet (You put it over the head sculpt, & the visor can go up & down), although the MW custom helmet might look better.

Don't mention the head sculpt likeness, you already know it's icky. Helmet on, with the rooted hair flowing at her side, it looks pretty good though. So even though I already own the MW custom version, I'm still liking this figure.

Got this in today. Considering it was around $119, I'm quite happy with it. I also have the MW custom version, so I was curious if I'd like anything better, & I do. It has a better sword, & I like how the helmet functions like a helmet (You put it over the head sculpt, & the visor can go up & down), although the MW custom helmet might look better.

Don't mention the head sculpt likeness, you already know it's icky. Helmet on, with the rooted hair flowing at her side, it looks pretty good though. So even though I already own the MW custom version, I'm still liking this figure.

I got mine this past weekend. Only disappointing thing is I can't seem to get it posed on the 1/6 Honda as shown on the previous page. I have the track suit, so I'm thinking I'll pose this one in the track suit and get a slightly smaller HT body to pose in this outfit on the motorcycle.

I'm not familiar with the MW custom that you mentioned. Can you post a pic or provide a link?

Maybe you've seen it around before? It's a nice figure, but it wasn't in my comfortable price range. Plus, mine was flawed, & a couple things weren't expected, that threw me off a bit. But I still like it.

Anyway, here it is, with the black laces that still bug me :lol

BrideTeaser1_zpsb3b40a09.jpg

TheAngryBride17_zps282de01c.jpg

TheAngryBride2714_zpsa7155676.jpg

Yeah the MW custom is better overall (so it should be for the price), but I feel, with the helmet on, this figure is able to hang nicely with the MW custom.

/

What do you think of the PlayToy hands? Tiny right? For Uma Thurman anyway :lol

Tell me about it. But we will pay .....

& like it :lol

/

I took some pics, but with my photography skills, only a couple "okayish" pics to post on here came from it.

ej3wkUw.png

XYjSg23.png

Edit: Looking at it again, the helmet does look kinda astronautish .....

looks great with the helmet on, not so much with the helmet off, the bangs are all wrong but that can be fixed I'm sure with some customizing.

Maybe you've seen it around before? It's a nice figure, but it wasn't in my comfortable price range. Plus, mine was flawed, & a couple things weren't expected, that threw me off a bit. But I still like it.

Anyway, here it is, with the black laces that still bug me :lol

BrideTeaser1_zpsb3b40a09.jpg

TheAngryBride17_zps282de01c.jpg

TheAngryBride2714_zpsa7155676.jpg

Yeah the MW custom is better overall (so it should be for the price), but I feel, with the helmet on, this figure is able to hang nicely with the MW custom.

/

What do you think of the PlayToy hands? Tiny right? For Uma Thurman anyway :lol

Oh yes, I've seen that one. Looks good, but eBay prices are astronomical. Everywhere I've seen it it's listed by the company name (Iminime). Is MW short for the artist's name?

And yes, the Play Toy's hands are tiny. But relatively speaking it's good value. I'd like to pick up a quality sculpt to go with it, but not a lot to choose from right now.

Back