Play One twelve - Highlander : The Kurgan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Play One twelve:1/6 Dark Immortal

The 1/6th scale Dark Immortal Collectible Figure features:

- One (1) highly realistic detailed head sculpt including hand rooted hair
- Highly detailed removable helmet skull of a sabre toothed animal
- Head sculpt and helmet are especially hand-painted
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 32 cm tall

- Eight ( 8 ) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair closed fist hands
- One (1) pair C-grip hands
- One (1) pair weapon holding hands
- One (1) Pair open hands

Costume
- One (1) sculpted body armor (front and back)
- One (1) pair shoulder armor with chainmail
- One (1) pair elbow armor set
- One (1) right hand armor set
- One (1) right shin guard
- One (1) leather belt
- One (1) black upper garment
- One (1) black wrapped type pants
- One (1) pair of black colored boots

Weapon:
- two special two-handed metal broadsword

Accessories:
- Figure stand

Looks like they've raced Iconiq, stil
l no product from them despite license announcement a while ago.... but it's great to see a Medievil Kurgan finally....
They need to change that right glove though...
ec734b2d53eb95af6b962868d59d270f.jpg
Kurgan_(Highlander).jpg

Attachments

• fb21f9de1de0d54da944a237def315c8.jpg
    fb21f9de1de0d54da944a237def315c8.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
This looks very promising!

I agree that the likeness could be better, but it is not way off IMO, particularly with the helmet on there is no doubt as to who it is supposed to be.

I’m not seeing Clancy Brown at all. The rest looks… okay… but doesn’t seem big enough.
Two things: they need to enlarge the skulls on his shoulder and raise/shrink the muscles on his chest armor.

Part of what made the Kurgan look so big is the fact that his chest armor was actually undersized. In the movie, the sculpted pecs and belly button on the chest armor hit higher than they would on the actor's body. This gives the torso a cropped appearance which makes the arms look bigger.

Two things: they need to enlarge the skulls on his shoulder and raise/shrink the muscles on his chest armor.

Part of what made the Kurgan look so big is the fact that his chest armor was actually undersized. In the movie, the sculpted pecs and belly button on the chest armor hit higher than they would on the actor's body. This gives the torso a cropped appearance which makes the arms look bigger.
Good point

Not bad. Clancy Brown likeness is iffy at best. I’m actually more interested in the (scaled) height. While Brown is around 6’2” or 6’3”, The Kurgan was supposed to be closer to 7’. I wonder if the swords will have the pop-up blades action or at least the option to position up or down. From the photos it looks like they’re fixed but that may be the prototypes.

Would also be good to know if this company plans to expand the series to include characters like 1500s Highlander Duncan, Ramirez, 1985 Duncan and 1985 (Punk) Kurgan. I know SS did some Highlander figures a few years ago, although can’t recall which characters.

Not at all familiar with Play One Twelve. Is Iconiq also working on these?

The original Highlander is one of my all time favorite popcorn movies. The spin-offs ranged from bad to atrocious. The TV shows were okay as 90s fare goes, but it was really unnecessarily milking a formula. I will, however, be curious to see how Cavill’s reboot looks.

Man, I remember a time when the board would have lost their minds over a Medieval Kurgan figure finally coming to fruition. He was such a favorite around here for years.

First thing I thought of too -- remember the Kurgans on this board!!!

If any of them are still around, this is a dream come true, I'd imagine.

Does it seem to oversaturated yellow/gold?
Getting more of a Power Rangers Goldar/Cobra Serpentor vibe from this ^.
May be the lighting, yet I imagined it a bit more bone colored?
8nirlf.gif

Also need to see a profile, if the helmet extends enough over the face, for some reason none of the shots seem to convey that?
8nirr8.gif

Still, curious what Iconiq Studios will put out there. https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/iconiq-studios-announce-highlander-1-6-license.249173/
Conflicted on to posiibly wait interminably or just jump in on this one.

Last edited:
I don’t get why he comes with two swords.

I’m in regardless. Highlander been needing some updated 1/6 figures for years.

i don't remember anything about dual sword
At first I thought maybe one sword disassembles like on screen? Or might have the movable spring-out spikes?
8nieur.gif

Yet looking at the pic, instead one just seems to be serrated, with a handy bottle-opener notch in it.
So random, not sure what that's about?
I guess even Kurgans need a proper way to cut a steak and open a bottle.

Last edited:
Back