PLAY IMAGINATIVE- DC COMICS JUSTICE LEAGUE “NEW 52” Super Alloy figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, The Batman was on hand at SDCC. You were able to order the exclusive Superman and they offered a 5% discount cause the Superman was delayed, but the guy told me sometime in August I think.

Ahhh. The info given to me by PI might have been for the non attendee EX release dates.

Flash doesn't actually look too bad. Yeah the underpants are weird, proportions maybe off, & the joints kinda make it look like an upscaled hasbro figure, but the sculpt looks nice, & it looks pretty cool overall. Back on my radar again, after the disappointment from the earlier pic of the figure.

130727033499047814f8225430.jpg

1307270334f4af84d9b8e6f00c.jpg

STGCC-2013-Play-Imaginative-by-yusriyusoff14-001.jpg

I think Flash will look better in some poses than others.

I am still awaiting my SDCC Attendee exclusive. They said two weeks after SDCC so I am not impressed I am still waiting. I am usually understanding of unexpected delays too.

Yeah. The running pose looks kinda weird because of where the legs start bending, giving the illusion of the torso being way too long. Looks nice (although kinda boring for Flash) standing straight though.

So far, Superman=decent, Green Lantern=decent, Flash=awesome, and the rest=suck. The STGCC pics of Batman just look ****ing awful, and that's saying something when there's a friggin' Batsignal packed in. That being said, it's really a non-issue because these things are so ridiculously overpriced for what they are that it's unlikely that I'd give them a second look if they were all home runs.

Are there 2 Flash head sculpts? The pics with him running above, don't seem to have the mask lines shown in this pic.

736054_10153173925975648_973819809_o.jpg

Could be. I think the one with the seam pattern on the mask is from this years STGCC. So I guess that's the updated version. I kinda want both sculpts though. The older clean one looks pretty cool to me.

Anybody know what those cylinder looking things are that are displayed with the PI figures? The thing with the flash insignia on it, that kinda looks like lipstick. Superman, Green Lantern, & Cyborg also have something similar displayed with them, but I don't remember seeing Batman have one. Is it some kind of remote maybe? Or maybe something obvious I'm missing? :lol

I was thinking the same. Looking at the grooves in the suit & helmet, I'm guessing that's where it's going to light up. That would be pretty cool. I think Flash is getting higher on my priority list.

I'm really liking the look of this guy, and, if he lights up, impressed, I am. I am missing a Flash from my collection...but not for $350. Call me back in a decade when I have nothing else on my plate, and we'll talk.:lol

Hey, the Batman figure is sitting at around $220 at BBTS right now, so who knows how quickly Flash will get discounted later :lol

I wonder if you can get in contact with Play Imaginative. I have an idea (or suggestion) that I hope they consider.

I think alot of guys are trying to talk themselves into these being something that is worthwhile.

These are hideous for the prices we are talking about. DC Direct DC Universe figures look far better than these...these are very toy- like and quite poor- just because they are diecast is why they are geting attenton at all.

@Spin. For me, another reason is the lack of, what I think, cool new Flash collectibles. I'm interested in seeing what SSC might offer, but for now, the PI Flash looks like it might satisfy enough for now. Plus, I really like light up features in higher end collectibles :D

I think I may cancel my Superman order. Was supposed to pic this up at SDCC and still nothing.

This kinda crack will not do them any favours.

Back