Play Arts Kai Alien Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have the Lurker and the NECA Queen too and pose them together ? Or any one who have both the Play Arts Kai figure and Neca figures do a side by side comparison of them with pics/videos ?

here's some pics next to the queen and other necas but didn't want to stretch out the queen since it takes forever to get them in there without knocking one over.

P1013463-3.jpg

P1013446-1.jpg

yes but its not in scale with the others

Tell you what, the SH Monsterarts Alien Warriors look quite good with the Neca Queen

Queen_diorama.JPG

Source of the pic here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYLOj9Uxs1U

I am really tossing between whether to get SH Monsterarts Alien or the Kai Alien to go with my NECA Queen. Since you have both, what do you suggest ? I would ideally I have liked a Neca Big chap with the Queen but I don't like the white skull showing dome that they come with. So my options are limited to Alien figures which have black-ish domes.

that video does look pretty sick. both kai and sh aliens have crazy articulation so you can get them how you want but they cost $$$. the neca are a lot cheaper but limited in posability.

Never realized this until I actually owned it, but the battle damaged warrior head from the "Lurker" base is actually interchangeable with the regular one.

Everyone probably already knew that...but hell I like it.

20150803_151459.jpg
20150803_151334.jpg

I'm pondering getting xenomorphs to counterweigh my Hot Toys predators, and was wondering how the Play Arts Kai Lurker alien compares to them sizewise?

Anyone with a PAK Lurker and any HT pred who can post some size comparison pics?

Multiple thanks in advance.

The PAK stuff is nearly to scale with NECA. They have more 'mass' to them and are technically a bit larger, but once you crouch them a pose them they mix pretty dang well with NECA stuff. They will surely be horribly undersized compared to HT preds.

Never realized this until I actually owned it, but the battle damaged warrior head from the "Lurker" base is actually interchangeable with the regular one.

Everyone probably already knew that...but hell I like it.

View attachment 201794
View attachment 201795

Can you please put in a couple of shots with the regular domed head ? I really like the way you have posed them :). If you can post more then a couple of shots with the domed head, even better :D

Also interesting to note that the way the leg was broken/ given an extra joint reminds me of the Alien Isolation Xeno.

These figures are great. You can find them cheap NIB on ebay. Some sellers ask for insane $$ but these are much better than NECA's offerings. A little larger too. Plus, you get the mini dioramas with each one and a great display stand.

These figures are great. You can find them cheap NIB on ebay. Some sellers ask for insane $$ but these are much better than NECA's offerings. A little larger too. Plus, you get the mini dioramas with each one and a great display stand.
I got one of them. I definitely wouldnt say they are better than neca. I would actually say that necas dog alien is better. I was pretty dissapointed when my pak alien arrived.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The dog alien is, IMHO, the best 7incher Alien NECA has ever made. It is great, no doubt about that. However, the articulation, sculpt and plastic quality of the PAK figures, compared to NECA's BC and Warrior, looks overall better to my eye. It also helps that I got the PAK figures pretty cheap, considering.

Sidenote: I realized I've spent a lot of $$ on Colonial Marines stuff - I had preordered the (horrible) game and season pass (I know, I know...), I later got the Powerloader diorama that came with the deluxe edition, and then I got the two PAK figures. Sigh.

Anyway, I really hope PAK make more Aliens figures!

Can you please put in a couple of shots with the regular domed head ? I really like the way you have posed them :). If you can post more then a couple of shots with the domed head, even better :D

Also interesting to note that the way the leg was broken/ given an extra joint reminds me of the Alien Isolation Xeno.

These are the only ones I bothered to take with the domed head. I will say the figure is incredibly pose-able. Not sure why others would say they weren't impressed. It shouldn't be hard to judge it without associating it with the game. It is a nice generic alien creature fit for any display.

20150812_190537.jpg
20150812_190631.jpg

It shouldn't be hard to judge it without associating it with the game. It is a nice generic alien creature fit for any display.
i'm a hardcore anti-ADI fan and i never played and never will play that "game" - and i bought both those aliens immediately.

Back