Plattman's Customs! Bond. James Bond.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Plattman's Customs!

Was going to wait and take daylight pics but what the heck! Not the greatest pics in the world.

2ia30a9.jpg

osr3nl.jpg

2en01zl.jpg

Those harness straps around his legs were made from scratch! The buckle parts are real metal. They look great in person. The shotgun shells holders were modified to fit. The knife is from the Hot Toys Redfield STARS fig, painted black. The frag grenades are placed on some metal rings which were than glued onto the vest. I also did a little olive drab painting on some areas of the vest to give it a little detail! I'm making the pouches from scratch and then the vest is done. I think in order for me to be fully happy with the vest, it would be a little longer, maybe so it just covers his belt, or something. It looks a little too short before you mess about with it and get it just right. The black belt helps. When I do those pouches I may make them so they come down past the vest a bit which may make it look a bit longer from the front.

The rocket launcher was modified, had to add the strap as well as cut away pieces. That was scary!

That's a shotgun on his back! His desert eagle looks good in those pics but it's not that great in hand, cheaply made, going to look for another one. Need to find a holster big enough for it as well!

So he's about 80-85% completed i'd say, need to add a few things like a watch, a different holster & boots. His main waepon, the M83, I don't think was ever made at this scale, so I have plans to modify a few different weapons to make it. Will be hard but i'll give it a go! Oh and he needs a Uzi. The head and body needs painting too.T hat's happening last though!

Thanks to elaman merimies

Hope you like!

Last edited:

Looking good Platty, prolly better in person and daylight as usual with most of our stuff :lecture

Yeah definitely. Well if you picture how big the T-800 body is, you can get a sense of how big this thing is in hand! Heavy too. Going to take some more pics today in daylight.

Cool. And fast, I didn't think you'd have this so close to finished already. Looking forward to seeing it painted with the camo. I think you'll be very glad of the more articulated T-800 body on that. Enough of the joints are hidden that it doesn't look wierd and you get the benefits of extra poseability.

Congrats!

Cool. And fast, I didn't think you'd have this so close to finished already. Looking forward to seeing it painted with the camo. I think you'll be very glad of the more articulated T-800 body on that. Enough of the joints are hidden that it doesn't look wierd and you get the benefits of extra poseability.

Congrats!
Cheers! Yeah it was a pretty fast one. Already had the head and body and shipping from hong kong for all the loose items has been lightning fast lately.

I'm definitely liking the more articulated T-800 body. It was tempting to go with the dutch body but I had a spare T-800 body so I thought it would be stupid to go looking for one of those! The articulation is just a bonus! Plus I can have him in a gun firing pose for however long as I want don't have to worry about deterioration and all that.

Nice John Marix Platty!! :rock

So I guess the big question is this: Do you paint camo on the body and head??

LOVE the box rocket launcher too!!
I think I may as well! Just so I have the option of displaying him shirtless if I wish!

He's definitely getting camo'd up on the arms and head :rock

The rocket launcher is amazing :lol glad you like it!

if you want a hot toys desert eagle I have one you can have. It was from the wesker figure, hasn't got the laser thingy on it though.

also what boots are you after? I have a pair of Hot toys boots from the Kyle reese/ aliens figures, Nam type boots with the green colour up the side and real laces.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle sounds sweet, i'll pm you now!

Last edited:

Looks great mate. :rock
Awesome how the T-800 has made it possible for commando figures to get made. All the parts look brilliant too , top notch job. :rock

Yo, Platt.
This Matrix is awesome, thx for the heads up, buddy.
Great work and those clips and straps are.
Highly filigran work, respect.
:)

Looks great mate. :rock
Awesome how the T-800 has made it possible for commando figures to get made. All the parts look brilliant too , top notch job. :rock
Hi tay, How's things man?

Thanks for the kind words! I just really need to take some better pictures, night time + flash = :monkey4

Yo, Platt.
This Matrix is awesome, thx for the heads up, buddy.
Great work and those clips and straps are.
Highly filigran work, respect.
:)
Thanks mate! Great to see you commenting in my thread, it is a pleasure!

The straps are scratch built, the buckles themselves are from a loose item on ebay that I never would've looked at if it wasn't for eleman merimies!

I can link you if you want Flosi? PM me!

Last edited:

The straps are scratch built, the buckles themselves are from a loose item on ebay that I never would've looked at if it wasn't for eleman merimies, so a massive thanks to him! In fact I oew pretty much everything to you eleman.

I can link you if you want Flose? PM me!
Looking good.
thanks for the credit, appreciated ;)

Back