Pixar's WALL-E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WALL-E thread

Got to wait until the 19th for it to be released here, from the trailers it looks awesome.

Going to get the delux wall-e and repaint it, should all right scale amongst the collection.

This maybe Pixar's Citizen Kane, how can they ever top this movie!? I just got out of the theaters and I'm not ashamed to say I cried, it was that freaking good! And I usually don't ever cry. Comes with being tough I guess ;). It was a great anniversary present for me and my eve ;)

It won't reach denmark until August 29th :monkey2 :mad: But i am definitely seeing it opening day. I've been looking forward to it since i first heard about it.

89e32f00.jpg

I saw this Maquette at Disney's California last year, and I'd kill for one now :)

I just saw this, and I just LOVED IT! It was a great romance story(and one I didn't even know was coming!)
I am a softie, and I cried as well :monkey2

Pixar just continues to amaze me.

Re: Pixar's WALL-E (spoilers)

Never saw Ratatouille but I loved CARS.....

How did this play out?

Fred Willard as Shelby Forthright, CEO of Buy and Large. Only Jeff Garlin's part is an animated role. The character of Shelby Forthright will actually be live action, a first for a Pixar movie.

They don't interact with any of the CG characters. Fred Willard among a few other people with in short videos that played on screens at times. It worked, so it didn't feel out of place or anything.

It's amazing that Pixar can keep topping itself. I liked Kung Fu Panda and thought it had advanced computer animation beyond where it had been before. But this movie takes it to another level completely. There are so many subtleties of character - particularly difficult to do with robots where a tilt of a wheel or a reflection in an eye lense can change the emotion completely.

I do have to say that this film wasn't as funny as Ratatouielle or Invincibles or either Toy Story, but it had more suspense and really played more like a more mature film than anything they've done before.

And the short before the film had me screaming with laughter.

Just got back from watching this movie- Awesome stuff. The mini- film prior to the movie was great also. Awesome animation, rendering, story line ... definitely one of the better movies I've seen recently

Saw WALL-E yesterday. Easily one of the best movies this year. Right up there with the Incredibles for my favorite Pixar movie.

Saw it earlier toady and very much enjoyed it. Good story, great animation and wonderful new characters. I have to say though, I do prefer 'Ratatouille' (still my favorite of the Pixar films) over 'Wall-E'. I just liked the characters and story a bit more than this latest offering from Pixar/Disney.

Just got back from this. Meh. Exactly what I was expecting though. Didn't do anything for me. I'd give it 1 1/2 out of 4 stars, one full star just being the great animation. Lame story and too much "WAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLEEEE"s and "EEVVVVVVAAAAAAAAA"s for my tastes. We got it after the first 20 :rolleyes:

I expect it to be nominated for best sound though, and obviously animated film. But at least I saw it for free.

Saw it tonight with the kids. LOVED it.

Not only a solid animated flick, it's also one of the best love stories I've seen in a while.

One of my favorites from Pixar, for sure. My youngest son was getting quite restless and wasn't into it--but I loved it to death.

If Disney had made this, WALL-E would still have watched old movies all by himself (probably The Lion King) but since Pixar made it, he watched an old videotape of Hello, Dolly, played back through a tiny iPod screen and blown up by a big magnifying glass. They just have an extra level of imagination that touches everything they do.

I think that they did a good job balancing the usual cuteness of the characters with the somewhat subversive and darker tone of the film's plot and backstory. Much more social commentary (and even an underlying pessimism) compared to their other work, which made this a very interesting "kid's movie" in my opinion.

One of my favorites from Pixar, for sure. My youngest son was getting quite restless and wasn't into it--but I loved it to death.

If Disney had made this, WALL-E would still have watched old movies all by himself (probably The Lion King) but since Pixar made it, he watched an old videotape of Hello, Dolly, played back through a tiny iPod screen and blown up by a big magnifying glass. They just have an extra level of imagination that touches everything they do.

I think that they did a good job balancing the usual cuteness of the characters with the somewhat subversive and darker tone of the film's plot and backstory. Much more social commentary (and even an underlying pessimism) compared to their other work, which made this a very interesting "kid's movie" in my opinion.

I agree, hell even the soundtrack can be dark at times. I feel this is a film and not a kids movie, as for the haters out there its better than anything Pixar has ever done, they are growing and evolving and showing that they can make art.

Back