Pixar's NEWT (what could have been...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giant Chicken

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pixar's film concept NEWT is on indefinite hold.

Check out this concept art on what could have been a great film...
NEWT

I would have much rather had them make this movie over Cars 2!

I hope they get back to it someday.

Man, that looks like it could've been awesome!

What a shame... :(

That looks like great concept art indeed!! Shame we probably won't see this being made into a film :ohbfrank:

Ratatouille was my least favorite Pixar film. It was less imaginative as all the others IMO.

Looks pretty nifty. Are they actually doing Cars 2?? The first one was probably the worst Pixar movie yet, IMO.

It WAS the worst Pixar movie....but the money from merchandise was unbelievable! They don't care if a movie sucks...as long as it makes a butt load of money!

Who knows if this would be good or not. Visuals from the concept paintings look ok, but the plot might have sucked. Avatar anyone?

Looks pretty nifty. Are they actually doing Cars 2?? The first one was probably the worst Pixar movie yet, IMO.

They are, it's coming out next year.

Cars is my least favorite Pixar movie but it's still really good and is better then most animated movies released each year.

I hope they still make Newt later on.

Ratatouille is the worst. Period.

Cars is actually my favorite. To each his own.

:lol I'm just playin, I thought cars was alright, and yes I did like it more than ratatouille but neither were terrible

Pixar has the best track record of pretty much any studio out there. I trust there judgement. Things don't always go as planned.

I don't understand why Cars tops everyone's worst list. I enjoyed it and I don't even like Nascar. :dunno

I haven't seen Cars all the way through, because it didn't appeal to me. What I did see was "meh" at best, so I guess my suspicious were correct. I won't be seeing the second Cars, nor have I seen/desire to see Ratatouille.

I'm sad to hear that Newt didn't pan out, but perhaps it will come at a later time.

Haven't seen Cars at all myself. I like the concept art shown for NEWT. Bummer we might not see more of it.

I ____ing hate Cars. Lightning McQueen is the worst Disney character ever created.

I love Pixar to death...probably why I hate Cars so much...so disappointed.

That's too bad that they shelved the movie. The art looked great! Thanks for posting that, Giant Chicken!

I love all the Pixar movies. They are without a doubt the best group out there. I'm always impressed by the quality of their movies and a little surprised that the other studios still have not managed to come close. Dreamworks is putting in a good effort (I liked Kung Fu Panda and I heard really great things about Dragon), but they still fall short.

And even though I liked Monsters Inc and Cars the least of the Pixar movies, I still regard them as miles beyond any other current CG animated movie from other studios.

Back