Pixar's Monsters University

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this with my 6 year old daughter yesterday. I really liked it, moreso than she did. We came home and watched Monsters Inc later that night and she prefers the first movie.

One thing that I was so impressed with about the new prequel is how perfectly it flows into Monsters Inc without any (that I noticed) undermining of the mythos and characters established in 2001. When was the last time you saw a prequel do THAT? :lol

A good movie that unfortunately "feels" a little disappointing because the bar was set so high by the original. But its still very entertaining and I can't wait to own it at home.

Saw this with my 6 year old daughter yesterday. I really liked it, moreso than she did. We came home and watched Monsters Inc later that night and she prefers the first movie.

One thing that I was so impressed with about the new prequel is how perfectly it flows into Monsters Inc without any (that I noticed) undermining of the mythos and characters established in 2001. When was the last time you saw a prequel do THAT? :lol

A good movie that unfortunately "feels" a little disappointing because the bar was set so high by the original. But its still very entertaining and I can't wait to own it at home.

There are two things that don't match up well:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Would this info really be considered spoilery?

Your second point occured to me when I first heard of this movie being made.

and to answer (sort of) your first point
Spoiler Spoiler:

Would this info really be considered spoilery?

Your second point occured to me when I first heard of this movie being made.

and to answer (sort of) your first point
Spoiler Spoiler:

Reading it again, it really isn't spoilery. :lol

I just think that Mike is much more dense in MI. Just nitpicks really because I really liked MU.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw the Randall scene in the hall as more of him freezing up under the threat of bodily harm than him being just being dumb. In the very same movie he was pretty quick on his feet by coming up with the "musical" they were rehearsing and so forth when he was in a more secure environment.

Good catch on the second one though. I had forgotten that line about 1st grade in the original. We'll have to assume that after they "met" at the university and became friends they dusted off some old elementary school class pictures and were surprised to see that they were in the same class or school or something. I don't know, something like that. :lol

I saw the Randall scene in the hall as more of him freezing up under the threat of bodily harm than him being just being dumb. In the very same movie he was pretty quick on his feet by coming up with the "musical" they were rehearsing and so forth when he was in a more secure environment.

Good catch on the second one though. I had forgotten that line about 1st grade in the original. We'll have to assume that after they "met" at the university and became friends they dusted off some old elementary school class pictures and were surprised to see that they were in the same class or school or something. I don't know, something like that. :lol

I haven't seen MI for quite awhile so I can't remember the line, but could it have been an off the cuff remark?

I thought this was really funny. I laugh a lot at Pixar movies, but I think I laughed more at this than almost any Pixar in recent memory.

It wasn't classic cinema, and as an overall movie it will still rank in the bottom half of Pixar, but I think their method of "throw a LOT of jokes out there, and hopefully most land" worked.

Art might be character of the year for me.

Back