Pixar's Monsters University

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the original Cars was horrible, so I didn't even give the sequel a chance.

My theory: They got tired of everybody calling Cars the worst Pixar movie, so they made Cars 2. Presto! Cars is no longer the worst Pixar movie.

My impression of Brave is that it looks like a female Scottish version of Brother Bear. (Mother Bear?) I'm taking the kids to see it tomorrow, and hopefully it will have the new Monsters trailer before it.

You know - all those films about ancient Scottish legends starring women.

:lol

How to train your Dragon is the first thing to come to mind. In general it's such an overused idea. :dunno

What??? :cuckoo:
HTTYD is about a kid and a Dragon...
Brave doesn't seem to be remotely about that... :dunno
Or have you already seen Brave and know something we don't?

OK then, I'll hold out my judgements before I go see it, but the trailer is very reminiscent of that stereotypical Scottish seen in HTTYD and the humour is very slapstick, reminiscent of any Dreamworks film.

Toys Juggernaut. My daughter won't sit and watch either Cars, but she loves the toys and the Mater shorts on Disney. :dunno flick

While everyone knows Cars is a merchandising beast, I don't think people know how insane it really is.

I worked in the Juvenile department at Bed Bath and Beyond's buying office a few years back. Cars was untouchable. If a product was available in Cars, it would destroy everything else. Even Disney Princesses couldn't even come close in sales.

Good article on just how insane the merchandising strength and figures are:

https://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/05/pl_column_cars/

Yet Cars is the largest merchandising franchise at Pixar and the fourth largest at Disney: It’s had an estimated $8 billion in ancillary sales since its 2006 release and continues to haul in around $2 billion a year.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbeFIfS8uno]Monsters University - New UK Trailer - Disney Pixar Official HD - YouTube[/ame]

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Was pretty hyped to see this, got to the theatre and daughter did not want to go. :(

Proabably won't see until Blu Ray drops.

Took the kids to see this today. It was ok for me, the kids liked it more though.

Saw this today, thought it was really good. Beautiful animation. Still like the first one more.

I thought I was going to bust a gut over....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back