PIRP Toys Police Inspector Outfit Set w/ Bonus Sculpt & Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PIRP Toys (Gordan) Inspector Outfit Set w/ Bonus Sculpt & Body

Mine should be arriving in the next week or so. I ordered a Truetype slim body to put it all on, so we will see how it goes! The only shortcoming I see is that there is no clear plastic on the glasses. I may take some clear lighting gel and glue it to the back of the frames to give it the look of a lens. We will see how that goes!

Is the regular body too big for the clothes? I was just curious since I see everybody ordering the slim body. The HT SWAT Gordon was pretty big, bigger than my Harvey and Bank Robber Joker figures actually, which I use HT regular to replace my broken legs. I heard the slim is shorter and I don't want my Gordon to appear much shorter than the SWAT version or the Harvey and BR Joker.

better on a regular. slim is too short and the clothes are cut too wide, i think. i have mine on a regular and the shirts are still very large.

I'm also worried about the tie. I saw a video where the tie wasn't tied up and much like the reviewer, I already have some difficulty tying a tie in real life so is it really difficult to get that on?

No time to watch all 3 movies atm. :lol

Can somebody please tell me which 1/6 outfit out there is actually related to Batman Begins?

Thanks!

Last edited:

none. the best you can do is a decent tdkr with a combo of the pirp and the zcwo sets.

if you want bb, you'll need a grey or striped shirt and dark tie with a charcoal or dark brown suit and a dark brown trench.

JamesGordonGaryOldman.jpg

Thanks for the advice buddy! So actually only Iminime's was a BB version?

Still think it would be smart from Hot Toys to release a BB Jim Gordon, the Bat Signal and a DX 1st suit Batman at about the same time.
That would push the hype again I think. :lol

Thanks for the advice buddy! So actually only Iminime's was a BB version?

Still think it would be smart from Hot Toys to release a BB Jim Gordon, the Bat Signal and a DX 1st suit Batman at about the same time.
That would push the hype again I think. :lol

Will they be making the first suit again? Or are they done with the Batman figures?

Wow...this has gone up $30 dollars in the last 2 days. I checked twice today and it went from $149 to $159 in less than two hours. It was $129 a few days ago. Only 3 left.

Yeah, I noticed that. Was going to pick one up, but not if they're jacking up the price.

The quantity went down which led to the price increase. The item has like 120 watchers. Either someone will bite or the prices will drop if there are no takers. Otherwise, pray and hope a new Gordon figure is released or a new clothing set.

The quantity went down which led to the price increase.

The seller got greedy which led to the price increase.

When I go to the store to buy peanut butter, the price is the same, whether there are 20 jars on the shelf or whether it's the last one.

I've got two Gordons (SWAT and one I kitbashed), so I don't really need a third. I was intrigued by the "older" TDKR look this one had, but not enough to spend $160 on one without a body.

The seller got greedy which led to the price increase.

When I go to the store to buy peanut butter, the price is the same, whether there are 20 jars on the shelf or whether it's the last one.

I've got two Gordons (SWAT and one I kitbashed), so I don't really need a third. I was intrigued by the "older" TDKR look this one had, but not enough to spend $160 on one without a body.

:exactly:
:goodpost:
Well said.

He posts on the forums, at least on onesixthwarriors, promoting his products and outfit sets.

Last edited:

the peanut butter analogy is ridiculous. this is a limited edition numbered set. if it was the last 3 jars of peanut butter on the shelf ever, i'm sure the cost would be through the roof.

all that said, the set was barely worth $120 with a body when i paid for it. so buyers do carefully consider your kitbashing options!

Will they be making the first suit again? Or are they done with the Batman figures?

Sorry, don't know it, all speculation and hope. :dunno

the peanut butter analogy is ridiculous. this is a limited edition numbered set. if it was the last 3 jars of peanut butter on the shelf ever, i'm sure the cost would be through the roof.

We're not talking about a product that is long out of print and only available on the secondhand market. It's a relatively new product, not one that's been listed multiple times (and had the price increased with each listing gradually over time). We're talking about a seller who has actively changed the price on the same listing before it's even expired.

There's "supply and demand" and then there's just exploitative gouging. This is the latter. The seller should pick a price that they think is fair - clearly if they jack it up by 50% over the course of a few days, they're not acting in very good faith in that regard.

Slapping a number on something and calling it "limited edition" doesn't change what decent seller behavior is.

Wow a $30 hike since I bought it last week.....ridiculous. Surely the price is also driven up because of the amount of watchers. Horrible

Got mine today. Boy am I a feeling like an idiot. Was watching it on Ebay like a lot of people when it came down to 3 sets left and it had a $30 price hike I panicked and bought it. Not happy with it. The shoes are shocking, block heels like something Tom Cruise would wear along with the Police badge wallet which bears no resemblance to the promo photos.Pistol is re-cast crap too. It looked like a Gotham PD badge in the promo photos and when it arrives its a recast PD generic shield. Collars on shirts are massive and trousers and overcoat are poor quailty Glasses are crap. No certifiacate of 1 of 200 present either.

Last edited:

I wonder if you got a bootleg version of it since it's supposed to have the certificate. Anyways, that sucks. I'm glad I passed so I have to thank the price hike for that. I heard he doesn't even wear this outfit in the film, he wore another one similar looking. Is this an outfit he wore in the first 2 movies?

Interesting. May be a bootleg, but I switched out the shoes on mine because I found them lacking as well. Not having the card is a bad sign, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back