Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Smirking head isn't great but the regular one is. Wish they could get a sculpt with teeth showing approved. Nice to see some real hair in there too. Love the base.

A DX to boot! With PERS! That line isn't dead after all. Gotta be a $300+ plus figure though.

Last edited:
Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

:lol Ask and you shall receive.

Awesome. I ask for Barbossa now please....

40702e06036ee9106279e186e881f0a5.jpg

Can't wait! I didn't get a chance at the previous figure and I'm excited about this. Especially with it being my first DX.

Don't have a new $20 code yet, but I was thinking of using some points on this figure anyway. It'll help bring the price down, since like you guys are saying it's a DX and likely above $300. Still really liking it though. Looks sweet mateys!

Smirking head isn't great but the regular one is. Wish they could get a sculpt with teeth showing approved. Nice to see some real hair in there too. Love the base.

A DX to boot! With PERS! That line isn't dead after all. Gotta be a $300+ plus figure though.

I think it will be $270ish (give or take $10). It's a standard figure with a fancy (but cool) base and does not come with a ton of accessories. Looking forward to putting this next to my DX06 (still one of my all time favorite figures).

Surprised the DX line is not dead. A great way overprice this, too. Bet is going to be loaded wit accesories, and cost near $400.

No interest whatsoever, but great to know DX is alive.

Sad it wasn't Batman returns though, instead we got the lamest set possible.

Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

$270 would be really nice. If it's above $300, I would've hoped it came with two bases. One that's a little more standard like a ships deck or rocky base.

This will be my first 1/6 Jack Sparrow figure so I'm really looking forward to it. I have the NECA Davy Jones waiting for him.

Seems like $300+ HT figures are DC Iron Man, 2 figure sets or 1/4 scale. I would be really suprised if it went over $300 unless there is some stuff they did not show yet.

Overall very nice esscially he base. Smirking sculpt isn't great but I love the new coat. Much better Han the DX06. Hat still needs improvement and boots look new too. Definite purchase but not overly impressed though I do like the addition of real hair in a few spots. Overall, well done. Would love it if they could make a COTBP but pretty sure they're not gonna go backwards.

I missed the original DX, so I may pick this guy up.

The 1/6th scale Captain Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure’s special features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulation
- Highly detailed hair sculpture with fabric hair implantation, new accessories, and red bandana
- Two (2) interchangeable faces with patented Interchangeable Faces Techniques (IFT), separate rolling eyeballs, real-like beard and plaits on chin
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding flintlock pistol
- One (1) pair of hand for holding sword or scabbard
- One (1) pair of hands showing his iconic gestures
- One (1) index finger pointing right hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :

- One (1) leather-like detachable brown-colored hat
- One (1) piece of cream-colored long-sleeved shirt
- One (1) blue and brown colored patterned vest
- One (1) dark brown coat
- One (1) pair of dark brown pants
- One (1) dark brown belt
- One (1) light brown belt
- One (1) snakeskin leather-like belt
- One (1) dark brown leather-like patterned shoulder band with saber sheath
- One (1) pair of brown boots

Weapons:

- One (1) saber
- One (1) knife
- Two (2) flintlock pistols

Accessories:

- One (1) scarf
- One (1) fake-fur
- One (1) small batch of fabric hair on belt
- One (1) compass
- One (1) short tube telescope
- One (1) head sculpt of his mother with gold-color ornaments
- One (1) duck’s foot sculpture
- One (1) rum bottle
- One (1) Jack Sparrow warrant poster
- Two (2) wrist bands of different styles
- The Black Pearl in a clear bottle
- Specially designed pirate themed diorama figure stand with translucent ocean water effect, dead shark, and parts of a ship

Release date: Q4, 2017 – Q1, 2018

If it stays under 300, I'm in. I've always wanted a Jack and the dx6 is too expensive for me now. Even though the last movie was garbage and the jury is still out on this one(not sure, I'm avoiding spoilers), I still love the first movie.

Surprised the DX line is not dead. A great way overprice this, too. Bet is going to be loaded wit accesories, and cost near $400.

No interest whatsoever, but great to know DX is alive.

Sad it wasn't Batman returns though, instead we got the lamest set possible.

Lol@$400.

The DX06 isn't that great, the new hot toys looks more realistic that the old ones (actually the 2017 hot toys looks more realistic than the 2015 ones). This Jack Sparrow is gonna be better, just ask for a new headsculpt with the teeth and that's all, best hot toys of the year

I'm totally digging the stand, definitely more display friendly then the steering wheel but not a fan of that derpy smirk sculpt

We'll probably never get a sculpt with teeth showing. The DX06 smiling with teeth showing sculpt wasn't approved by Depp. I believe it was mentioned (ina podcast maybe) that he doesn't like teeth showing. While it was in regards to the SS 1/4 OST PF, the sideshow design guys mentioned that Depp is one of the few actors who actually checks these himself. Again, that was in regards to the OST PF, though I'm wouldn't see why it wouldn't extend to the HT figures. My opinion would be due to how awful the McFarlane sculpts were that showed teeth could be the reason but that's just speculation on my part.

It's not a big upgrade from the OST one but I'm still going to get one. Now to order that bootleg Davy Jones or wait for Hot Toys to make a 2.0... :/

Back