Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Woohoo that looks great - especially the pictures with the eyes at the "extreme" angles, it brings out the likeness a lot. Never had a shot at the DX06, so this will do nicely. He's already got his detolf buddy lined up - DAM's Edward Kenway. A nice pirate-y shelf is a welcome thing.

Nice to see the DX line resurrected lol. Figure looks great & an improvement over the dx06. Though when I look at the dx06, it's in no need of an upgrade. Would like to find some parts loose though.

Any notable differences between this and the previous DC beyond the accessories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

The new smiling head doesn't look like Depp and almost looks creepy, hope they keep working on it, glad to see they kept everything else from the original DX, this will be an exact replacement of what I sold, minus the Pearl wheel and I can live with that.

Can't some eagre newb start an official thread?

Not a lot new just a rehash of the 06 but does look decent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

18556113_1542797999126511_5347260355446241476_n.jpg

Fantastic! Looks great. Not enough to make me trade up but very nicely done.

Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Le sigh... Still no Barbossa or Salazar

There's still more chance for them to come. I'm not gonna count on it though, but I still really hope for Barbossa. Such a glaring omission without him.

As much as I hate to be a stick in the mud, I'm doubtful that they'll do Salazar because his hair would be such a b*** to make. Rooted hair would probably look awful and trying to sculpt all of those individual strands as if they're floating underwater would be a nightmare. :horror On the flip side, I'm sure HT would be able to do a killer head sculpt and accurately recreate his uniform.

If they made Salazar I imagined he would have hair like Chewbacca. It's easily pliable and can be shaped well. I'm don't think I would get him, but he'd look cool and it would be great to have another POTC character.

Hey guys havent been online for a while or following the thread, Just had a baby girl and finally got out to see the movie. I was wondering if anyone had any news if hot toys was doing any others other then the new Jack figure?

Hey guys havent been online for a while or following the thread, Just had a baby girl and finally got out to see the movie. I was wondering if anyone had any news if hot toys was doing any others other then the new Jack figure?

Congratulations! I guess our only chance now is a Toy Fair Exclusive which will be announced in the next 14 days. But as others have mentioned the buzz of the movie faded quickly so I guess Captain Jack is the only figure we'll be getting. :(

I feel like overall, this is a property with a big fan base but no large enough of a collector base that companies are willing to invest in it. Reality is that much of HT's figure is recycled from DX06 and they're not pouring a lot of resources into development here. They know DX06 was very popular and still highly in demand and saw chance to make some quick money with minimal effort.

Dam, Ok guys thanks for the info. I'm kinda shocked i would think they would have jumped on re making some of the old stuff into DX seeing as a lot of the old cast came back and with the price of those figures are going for on ebay. My dreams of a Barbarossa and Davey :(

Back