Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

It might still be the fault of the pictures. However, it sort of looks like their attempt to make him look wet actually made him look more plasticky and toy-like. :/ Still, I'm sure he'll be impressive in-hand.

True. He's a great design. I wonder if that knee of his bends at all, it looks a bit stiff. I also wish someone hadn't mentioned the figure looks like Willie Nelson without his hat; that image kind of stuck with me.:rolleyes:

To me, Davy looks as good as he always has. I guess it's a matter of budgets, fandom and expectations, but I'm not dissappointed at all. I know some people weren't thrilled with him not having a cloth costume but I was fine with that from the start. I think he looks really impressive, highly detailed in sculpt work and paint and I can't wait to get him. Given how he is constructed, he'll always seem like a toy compared to figures with costumes made with real cloth and are heavily detailed and skillfully tailored.

Anyone recieved their Davy Jones yet?

i might order Davy and Cannibal Jack from abc-express in hong kong,toys2.net has all 5,but not sure they are all in stock,hasnt gotten any response from them yet.

i might order Davy and Cannibal Jack from abc-express in hong kong,toys2.net has all 5,but not sure they are all in stock,hasnt gotten any response from them yet.

I ordered Will and Davy from toy2.com and I don't think they are in stock.

You know what's driving me nuts? All of this talk of the Cannibal Jack figure. While great, it's frustrating that I don't know what day this guy is coming out...

Oh man, what is happening to me? I feel like it's Christmas and I am 12 again! hehe

You know what's driving me nuts? All of this talk of the Cannibal Jack figure. While great, it's frustrating that I don't know what day this guy is coming out...

Oh man, what is happening to me? I feel like it's Christmas and I am 12 again! hehe

Yeah youre not the only one,i just got to know that the Hot Toys Rocky figure was postponed to june,and as a huge fan,how do you think that made me feel?

Yeah youre not the only one,i just got to know that the Hot Toys Rocky figure was postponed to june,and as a huge fan,how do you think that made me feel?

Strangely aroused?

Also, I prefer your old Optimus Prime avatar!

Just got my Davy Jones yesterday,

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

the right hand (tentacle hand), from wrist up is very hard to bent
the left hand (pincher hand), the articulation is not that restricted but that the max the claw can open up as shown in the pic.
The right leg (peg leg), well, there is a knee joint...
The left leg, i think its pretty heavy, serves to balance the figure therefore you cant bent it so much
Very heavy figure, I believe he is twice heavier than any other Hottoys POTC figure

Anyone got a comparison to the NECA 12" figure as far as articulation. It sounds about the same and I'm fairly happy with the NECA version

Good job jacko. So are you saying it's pretty much a detailed plastic statue?

Doesn't sound like we'll get any big action poses then, bit of a shame, but I think he'll look great on the shelf for a line-up.
Do many/any of the face tentacles have wire armitures, in the proto pics one is holding the keys, so I hoped they might all be articulated.

Yeah it is a shame. Looks like he has the bendy hand with articulated tentacled forefinger, and the articulated beard tentacle. At least he can hold a sword. I hope there is some other useful articulation, or they may as well have made it a statue. Might have cost less if they did. There is no denying that the detail is tops, and he looks good.

Nope, the face tentacles does not have any wire in it, but you can still find some tentacles (so you cant bent the face tentacles like how you can with the hand tentacles) that can hold the key.
I don't think this figure is up for any big action poses but I do agree that its a very detailed figure

Wow Davy looks amazing, and this is coming from an outside opinion (I'm not a big fan of HT's PotC line, or PotC in general). He just looks incredible and I'm sure even better in hand.

jacko-d, is Davy able to do a swashbuckling pose? like in the scene in which he fights against Jack?

Back