Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Yeah, see what happens when I type too fast? Barbossa should of been made before Sao and Davy. I just hope he actually gets made.

hehe,but i got it...Barbossa is a must,whats tragic is that they even made 2 Sao Feng figures,when any other character had only 1.

hehe,but i got it...Barbossa is a must,whats tragic is that they even made 2 Sao Feng figures,when any other character had only 1.

But Sao Feng was Asian... hehe Asian character made twice by an Asian company... see the connection?

Just bugging!

I think it's simply because Chow Yun Fat is very popular in Asia, and of course Hot Toys is an Asian company with a lot of Asian customers.

yeah i hate that,experienced that in a Action figure Rocky line earlier,really sucks.

Anyone know if Toys2.net give any discount?5 figures is alot of cash:banghead

No, look, behind his "peg leg". The coat is just blue plastic, not painted, other than a little at the edges. Hopefully that doesn't show so much. But it's an easy paint fix with a wash.

Actually if you look closely you can see that they've painted green on the inside of the coat to make it look like seaweed or something.

davy-jones-8.jpg

I'll have to say, while he looks good, he does look a little plasticky for my tastes.

Yes, a few strokes, but it looks very unfinished compared to the outside of the coat. I imagine in "real life" he's just as encrusted inside as out.

No biggie. Just sayin'.

It is a bit simple compared to the rest, but I think it'll be a mute point in the end, with so much else going on in the figure, as soon as you're past the scrutinizing stage of first getting it, an overall view of him will be like WOW he's cool.

Yeah, I can't wait for him. It's a figure I never thought they would actually make, so it will be pretty sweet on the shelf. A show stopper so to speak. Might even do a little touch up on him to really make him pop.

I'm just eager to reenact the AWE end duel with Jack and Davy in my photos, with 2 Jack heads, I can get a good range of shots more so than with just one face.

I'm just eager to reenact the AWE end duel with Jack and Davy in my photos, with 2 Jack heads, I can get a good range of shots more so than with just one face.
looking foward to those shots man. they are gonna be sweet!!:rock

Just got Will and I have to say he may be my favorite PotC figure they've done. There's just something about the sculpt and how the clothes lay so realistically that make him look almost alive. Can't wait for Cannibal Jack now.

Pics of Davy aren't that exciting, I agree that the shiny plastic look almost overwhelms. Like we should be paying $30 for a plastic statue rather than $150 for an HT figure. But they have to make Barbossa - and after him I'd actually like to see the other pirate kings - I think they'd make more interesting figures than some of the lesser pirates. Although I'm hoping for Norrington too.

Just got Will and I have to say he may be my favorite PotC figure they've done. There's just something about the sculpt and how the clothes lay so realistically that make him look almost alive. Can't wait for Cannibal Jack now.

Pics of Davy aren't that exciting, I agree that the shiny plastic look almost overwhelms. Like we should be paying $30 for a plastic statue rather than $150 for an HT figure. But they have to make Barbossa - and after him I'd actually like to see the other pirate kings - I think they'd make more interesting figures than some of the lesser pirates. Although I'm hoping for Norrington too.

As cool as they would be,i doubt any of the Pirate Kings would be good sellers.

My Davy is in hand in HK, just waiting for the MI James Dean to be released to save on shipping.
The waiting game begins.

Pics of Davy aren't that exciting, I agree that the shiny plastic look almost overwhelms. Like we should be paying $30 for a plastic statue rather than $150 for an HT figure.

Sadly I agree. I was really looking forward to this but as new shots started popping up Davy JOnes just looked more like a toy and less like the genuine article.

It might still be the fault of the pictures. However, it sort of looks like their attempt to make him look wet actually made him look more plasticky and toy-like. :/ Still, I'm sure he'll be impressive in-hand.

Back