Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Superman for me, but Sweeney and DX Jack are both tied for 2nd

Really? Well I guess judging by your avatar I see why :lol

But imo the Supes can and will be improved in the future by leaps and bounds, and hasn't reached the craftsmanship level of the DX's yet.

Glad you Supes fans got your figure though, congrats! :rock

So, judging by the teaser pic of the throne, it seems like Hot Toys is going back to Dead Man's Chest again.

What do you guys think are the chances of them making other characters from the previous films?

For instance, they released their Davy Jones under the At World's End line, if I'm not mistaken. So technically, they could make a new one and call it a Dead Man's Chest figure. Same goes for new Will and Elizabeth figures. I think that HT gained a lot more knowledge and skill in making these figures, so if they would make new versions, then no doubt they would rock! :rock :rock

I'd love to see:

Curse Of The Black Pearl: Barbossa
Dead Man's Chest: Elizabeth Swann
Dead Man's Chest: Davy Jones
At World's End: Will Turner (Flying Dutchman Captain)

I hope that this new Pirates film will inspire them to go back and give us more figures! :) :rock :pray:

So I was thinking just now, how a new Davy Jones figure from HT could look...

I missed the first figure, never even saw it in person, but one of the things I don't really like is the plastic look it has. I know they did it to give it a wet gloss, but it looks kinda out of place next to other figs with fabric clothes...

So I was thinking and I remembered the half burned jacket of Harvey Dent... I think that would be a cool method to use on Davy Jones. Have a fabric coat and make these rubber barnacles and stuff on it like he has in the film :)

Really? Well I guess judging by your avatar I see why :lol

But imo the Supes can and will be improved in the future by leaps and bounds, and hasn't reached the craftsmanship level of the DX's yet.

Glad you Supes fans got your figure though, congrats! :rock

Well DX Jack was at the top of the list until just a day ago when Supes was finally shown :lol I'm a superman fan first then a Johnny Depp fan second. But I'm getting all of them so no big deal really. I never have a problem waiting for any of them. I've never owned a Jack Sparrow figure or any kind of Custom Reeve figure as I've been waiting on great ones so I'd have less modding if any to do so what's a little longer :wink1:

Q3= July, August, September. The US always gets their stuff a few weeks after it's released in HK. That's the closest I can give but I'm sure their are others who are more savvy with with released dates than I :lol

I missed the first figure, never even saw it in person, but one of the things I don't really like is the plastic look it has. I know they did it to give it a wet gloss, but it looks kinda out of place next to other figs with fabric clothes...

So I was thinking and I remembered the half burned jacket of Harvey Dent... I think that would be a cool method to use on Davy Jones. Have a fabric coat and make these rubber barnacles and stuff on it like he has in the film :)

I agree. It would also help to give him better articulation.

said pretty much the same thing in one of the other POTC threads. in otherwars :goodpost:

Q3= July, August, September. The US always gets their stuff a few weeks after it's released in HK. That's the closest I can give but I'm sure their are others who are more savvy with with released dates than I :lol

Bet August to beat Enterbay's Jack. Maybe earlier- I thought this was once stated somewhere June....abit too early but July/August would be soooo great!

Bet August to beat Enterbay's Jack. Maybe earlier- I thought this was once stated somewhere June....abit too early but July/August would be soooo great!

Yep early on it was said to be Q2 but then once it went up for PO, it was changed to Q3 if I'm not mistaken

I still can't believe here we are at the fourth movie and no Barbossa! I really think Rush and Depp make these movies.

Yah, I really want Barbossa too. But not from the 4th movie... I thought he looked gross...er than normal.

Davy Jones would be great if they could make him to scale as well and to come with his bucket so that displaying him on land would be sorta accurate.

I'd say give Barbossa a switch out leg but in his pirate gear. I mean he wears the same pirate gear in the previous films as he does at the of the 4th film so it really wouln't make any difference :huh

Just want to show a few pics of my custom COTBP 1/6 Jack Sparrow recently finished.

more pics here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96381

SAM_1802.jpg

SAM_1835.jpg

For those of you familiar with the SS PF Jack
SAM_1826.jpg

Hot Toys REALLY need to FINALLY do THAT Geoffrey Rush's Barbossa character, not the 4th movie version BUT the first because the updated version is a bit unsettling although the peg leg is definitely of pirate lore. Barbossa has always been the true antagonist in Pirates of the Caribbean. I hope Hot Toys does an amazing Penelope Cruz pirate with a head sculpt and as life like as Jessica Biel's Abigail Whistler character of Blade Trinity.

Medicom clothing FTW

for the most part yep. I didn't think the jacket and some of the other pieces were as nice until I actually got it in hand. the shirt and pants aren't from medicom though. I want to change the shirt out with the DX one when it comes available and probably the pistol too. But other than that I call it pretty much done :D

260284_178267032235295_138228759572456_498616_5057241_n.jpg

Hot Toys Community Contest - Pirates of Carribean.

Ready to become a real pirate ?

Hot Toys Community is proud to present its first game to win a full range of promotion to the figure of Pirates of the Caribbean : Jack Sparrow DX !
This includes a special newspaper, a parchment and a bottle containing the teaser of the next figures of the license and a poster of the figure !

These objects are very rare, if not impossible to find because they were reserved for VIP members HK during the presentation of Jack Sparrow. Hot Toys and Hot Toys Community give you the opportunity to win that prize, which perfectly complement your collection !

To do this, just write a comment saying "I'm a real pirate !" following this message. Only people who wrote this sentence will be entitled to participate in the lucky draw to be held next August 29. Any other comment will not be considered.

The contest is internationnal, anyone can participate !

To win :

1st price (1 set to win) : Pirate Set (1 newspaper, 1 parchment, 1 bottle)
2nd price (2 sets to win) : Seaman Set ( 1 newspaper, 1 bottle)

End of registrations : 07/28/2011.

Do not wait, comment "I am a real pirate !" following this message on HTC Facebook Page, and prove you're a pirate worthy of winning our contest !

Follow this link : https://www.facebook.com/hottoys#!/...02696015.26778.138228759572456&type=1&theater

Last edited:
Back