Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Cannibal Jack isn't even official, Angelica is the only other figure officially announced.

They didnt. Only ones announced thus far is the DX Jack, Cannibal King re-do and Angelica. But Im sure Blackbeard is coming so that would make 4.

That's what I meant when I said 4. I was speaking about Blacbeard. It was never announced, but I'm thinking Hot Toys will make one. I just don't understand why they'd make a Cannibal Jack instead of a peg legged Barbossa in BOTH costumes?!?!

I just don't understand why they'd make a Cannibal Jack instead of a peg legged Barbossa in BOTH costumes?!?!

Because HTs has a weird fetish about Johnny Depp in chairs:dunno

I'm really hoping we get a Barbossa from either this movie or from the first trilogy.

They previewed the Cannibal Jack chair if I recall, looks like Cannibal jack version 2.0 isn't far away :lol

After seeing the price of the barebones Sucker Punch figures I'm scared to see the price for Angelica. :(

Angelica's coming -- not sure when -- but anything else is :dunno:...even with the "chair" tease. HT has a lot on its plate and more coming. If "Pirates" was a monster hit then maybe we'd be assured to see more stuff but being that it has kind of sailed off, and knowing HT's track record of 1-2-maybe 3 figs and move on, it's likely that Jack and Angelica are all we see for now.

HT has done quite a few figs in the POTC line already, and with at least 2 more confirmed in the works I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch more. They can milk this license like the Iron man line easily.

HT has done quite a few figs in the POTC line already, and with at least 2 more confirmed in the works I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch more. They can milk this license like the Iron man line easily.

I'd love them to -- especially for a Barbossa finally! -- but just not sure its gonna happen. Unless you mean more Jacks. Maybe that one is a more fair comparison to Iron Man.

Keep your Blackbeard Hot Toys.....give me Barbossa!

I'd love them to -- especially for a Barbossa finally! -- but just not sure its gonna happen. Unless you mean more Jacks. Maybe that one is a more fair comparison to Iron Man.

Iron Man to date has been pretty much Tony, Tony, Tony. Hopefully the POTC line won't place so much focus on Jack, Jack, Jack, especially given the huge range of characters they have to draw from.

It's already strange that they never made a Barbossa. At one time Pirates seemed to be something that HT was going to milk. Then it just went away.

To date, the only lines that HT seems to really 'milk' is Batman and Iron Man (Tony mostly). What else has HT milked? Maybe Michael Jackson and Bruce Lee, maybe.

Iron Man to date has been pretty much Tony, Tony, Tony. Hopefully the POTC line won't place so much focus on Jack, Jack, Jack, especially given the huge range of characters they have to draw from.

I totally agree! I am a Depp fan and POTC fan, but I don't want to see a bunch of Jacks. I want Angelica, and would very much like to see a Barbossa, and would buy Blackbeard if available.

It's really odd HT hasn't done Barbossa. I'm pretty confident that would be an immediate gold mine and like LJ stated the cast of characters they can draw from is largely untapped. More Jack's is nice and all but a wider scope would be a better display imo.

I agree. But HT isn't big on doing non-core characters...sometimes they don't even complete core characters. Generally, they do the lead and the major star or the villain. Like Thor and Odin, or Capt. America and Red Skull (still due). Any third figure is a bonus.

Hell, I'd love a skeletal crew member, I'd love Greenbeard, Maccus, Cutler Becket, Pirate versions of Swann and Will... and I could go on...

You're def right about that. I'm surprised they did Elizabeth, Will and Sao come to think of it :lol

I agree. But HT isn't big on doing non-core characters...sometimes they don't even complete core characters. Generally, they do the lead and the major star or the villain. Like Thor and Odin, or Capt. America and Red Skull (still due). Any third figure is a bonus.

Hell, I'd love a skeletal crew member, I'd love Greenbeard, Maccus, Cutler Becket, Pirate versions of Swann and Will... and I could go on...

Please do!!

Besides of course Barbossa, I'd like a Bootstap Bill, a "Captain" Turner and a Teague, and you're right about Beckett! HT...Bring it!! :lol:

Sorry but they arent going to just release the Cannibal King throne by itself. I think its a pretty safe to say we are getting a new one.

Nothing's even officially said we're getting the throne. As far as officially confirmed products, DX Jack and Angelica are it, the rest is speculation and hope.

Nothing's even officially said we're getting the throne. As far as officially confirmed products, DX Jack and Angelica are it, the rest is speculation and hope.

A. HT has said in recent interviews that they will be making more characters with chairs like the Godfather. Sweeney was one.

B. They teased Sweeney Todd with the chair first as well.

C. They teased us with the Cannibal Throne. And said "More Pirates (PLURAL) are coming. This was AFTER DX06 was announced and shown. Angelica is only ONE "Pirate".

Itll happen. I have no doubt in my mind. Not one bit.

Back