Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

i hate to break it to you ween but all 3 jack heads use the same skin tones. here is a comparison of my V1 and smirk.
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Mine is alot darker than those. Some have said the later ones are darker. Mine looks like he's been in the sun waaaaaaaaaay too long.

now that i swapped out the heads for the pics, i have to say the smirking head is growing on me. curse you guys.

now that i swapped out the heads for the pics, i have to say the smirking head is growing on me. curse you guys.

:D

Whether it's accurate to a specific scene or not, the attitude in the smirk is more in keeping with Sparrow's personality.

:D

Whether it's accurate to a specific scene or not, the attitude in the smirk is more in keeping with Sparrow's personality.

I think v1-v2 is much like Joker in that for the first head, they went with a look that matched to promotional reference material, but if you watched the films you'd know the expression doesn't quite capture the character. He doesn't smirt all the time, but he's never quite as dead serious as the first head. Still a great head and I'm gladd to have it too as a Jack fan, but probably the most un-Sparrow expression you could have for a figure of him.

all right. i'm officially converted. i'll be using the smirk head for a while at least. here he is with hat and without. i love this pose i got going.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Hell yeah man, that looks sweet. That does it, i'm ordering this guy lol! I just want to make sure i've got a jacket and hat first

Hell yeah man, that looks sweet. That does it, i'm ordering this guy lol! I just want to make sure i've got a jacket and hat first

Good idea. And the spare Cannibal head is jaw-dropping, in every sense. The eyes, especially.

the jacket is kinda lame IMO. i like him much better without it. the hat kicks ass however. gotta have the hat.:rock

I like it better without the jacket too. I still don't care for the smirking sculpt, it just looks nothing like Depp to me. Looks as if his head has been squashed down, as I think Depp's face as being longer. OTOH the cannibal sculpt rocks!

My V1 Jack is definitely too dark... but its not a deal breaker, just one of those things that holds him back (IMO) from being perfect.

Anyone with Sao Feng ...

Have you had any luck transferring the red silkish scarf/handkerchief from his open hand to his gun/sword hand? :confused: Mine is tied quite tightly to the former, and I'd have to work tenaciously to transfer it to the latter. I wasn't supposed to have two of those things, was I?

I'm pretty excited--my brother is getting me Davy Jones for Christmas, he would have gotten one of the things I have on order but the ones that are within the price range are going to ship in time.

Should be a nice addition to my collection. And the second non-Star Wars figure.

I'm pretty excited--my brother is getting me Davy Jones for Christmas, he would have gotten one of the things I have on order but the ones that are within the price range are going to ship in time.

Should be a nice addition to my collection. And the second non-Star Wars figure.

I just had Will Turner and Davy Jones convert from my waitlist! I cancelled the Will Turner since I picked him up off of eBay. Can't wait to see Davy!! :banana

Anyone with Sao Feng ...

Have you had any luck transferring the red silkish scarf/handkerchief from his open hand to his gun/sword hand? :confused: Mine is tied quite tightly to the former, and I'd have to work tenaciously to transfer it to the latter. I wasn't supposed to have two of those things, was I?

I got Sao recently and have the same issue.. looks like the only way to get that thing off is to cut it.. and I aint doing that.

Back