Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I just had Will Turner and Davy Jones convert from my waitlist! I cancelled the Will Turner since I picked him up off of eBay. Can't wait to see Davy!! :banana

I must of got your Will Turner, my waitlist just converted. And I'm keeping. I only have Davy and Jack 2. But I recently watched the movies over in Blu-Ray. Out of all the blu movies I have, POC is the best transfer. And the films have grown on me even more. Can't wait for 4, and hopefully more figures come.

I won a Hot Toys Sparrow hat and coat on Ebay, paid about $50 CAN with shipping inclu...this is for my cannibal Jack..as i thought he really needed these two to complete him.

I must of got your Will Turner, my waitlist just converted. And I'm keeping. I only have Davy and Jack 2. But I recently watched the movies over in Blu-Ray. Out of all the blu movies I have, POC is the best transfer. And the films have grown on me even more. Can't wait for 4, and hopefully more figures come.

Great! Glad he found a good home. He's nice! Still waiting for my Davy.

I'm still looking for the smirking head for my Jack.

Finally compiled ALL the parts I need to make both a DMC Will Turner & Elizabeth Swann!

Been searching forever, obsessed, and holding out for a good price on some hard-to-find bits. Got very lucky with a very kind ebayer. Yes, they are out there.

All I need is the HT Eliz body with sculpt... and just an HT body for Will.

Once I get those -- although the HT Swann body may take awhile -- I can finally have the two versions of these characters I've always wanted.

I'll post pics of the outfit parts once I have them in-hand in case anyone has an interest in doing the same.

Pirates lives on! :rock

Finally compiled ALL the parts I need to make both a DMC Will Turner & Elizabeth Swann!

Been searching forever, obsessed, and holding out for a good price on some hard-to-find bits. Got very lucky with a very kind ebayer. Yes, they are out there.

Once I get those -- although the HT Swann body may take awhile -- I can finally have the two versions of these characters I've always wanted.

I'll post pics of the outfit parts once I have them in-hand in case anyone has an interest in doing the same.

I'm interested.

Me too! :rock

If HT isn't going to give us Barbossa, or Will or Liz from DMC, I'd love to know how to make them. I think having at least Jack, Will and Liz in their pirates gear would look great together. Was never a fan of Liz in the Asian outfit...would rather have the DMC look...

I just had Will Turner and Davy Jones convert from my waitlist! I cancelled the Will Turner since I picked him up off of eBay. Can't wait to see Davy!! :banana

congrats. let us know your impressions when you'll receive it.

I'm interested.

Me too! :rock

If HT isn't going to give us Barbossa, or Will or Liz from DMC, I'd love to know how to make them. I think having at least Jack, Will and Liz in their pirates gear would look great together. Was never a fan of Liz in the Asian outfit...would rather have the DMC look...

Excellent! Support!

Who says lines are "on hold"? :)

I hope to have the gear to me by week's end, so I'll try to post mock ups of the outfits (while I wait for the appropriate bodies) so you guys can see.

congrats. let us know your impressions when you'll receive it.

I will. I got the shipping notice today! They shipped two figures, but did so seperately. Wish they would've combined them to save me alittle money.

Hope it works out, if it does, I may try to emulate the Swann. The HT figure's quite petite though, not sure the size of the figure you snagged parts from for DMC.

Hope it works out, if it does, I may try to emulate the Swann. The HT figure's quite petite though, not sure the size of the figure you snagged parts from for DMC.

It's OK, I'm pretty good at stitching and sewing to tighten things up. I'll get it to look right...I guarantee it :)

Got my Davy Jones on Thursday. Awesome figure!! He even looks slimey! :banana

I love my Jones figure. Welcome to the club!

All my pirates parts and bits arrived today for my two new customs of DEAD MAN'S CHEST WILL & ELIZ...

So now I just need an HT body for Will (ebay) and the HT Eliz body+head for Swann...which may be a little more tricky to find. Got some stitchin' and dyin' to do too. :)

Finally got a Cannibal Jack figure for a reasonable price, and it arrived today. Incredible - one of the best figures ever. The Cannibal head IS Johnny Depp. If any other company tried putting a separate piece of paper in with a list of credits it would look ridiculous, but here it feels right. And although I usually throw packaging away, I can't bring myself to do it here. Just beautiful. Is the line dead?

Is the line dead?

Possibly, or more likely on hold until Pirates 4. HT seems to be putting the majority of its resources into properties it's never done and properties that are out right now, not much put into properties they've already done but don't have a strong demand out there right now. They probably feel the lack of POTC movie being fresh and all means no sense selling figures for now, but I'm sure they'll start again when hype for the 4th movie begins.

Not at the moment. Wookster reported he heard from HT that they're not planning anything POTC anytime soon.

Sucks!

On with the Barbossa commission!

They can't keep making only recent movie related stuff... what about ALIEN, what about Predator???

Sucks!

On with the Barbossa commission!

They can't keep making only recent movie related stuff... what about ALIEN, what about Predator???

Hard to say, not sure we're going to see anything else from ALIEN outside of the space suits as those offer something ground breaking for them to do, and so far Predator may just be a chance to shine a few new muscle bodies. I really wouldn't begin to predict what HT's going to do though, they're all over the place.

Back