Pippin's Scarf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the test thus far has been just some scraps of cotton. The color is all wrong, but its just practice.

There is a weave in Pippins scarf, but its so tight that at 1/6 scale its almost unrecognizable. As I'm working this, I decided that I would MUCH MUCH rather err on making the weave invisible than making it too big. So, hand weaving like some of the Dr. Who customizers are doing is not viable. I am finding that plain cotton that my wife uses in quits is pretty acceptable weave, though its a bit stiff. Ideally, the material I think looks the best is actually t-shirt material. But the problem is that it is so soft and stretchy its a pain in the ass to cut and sew straight.

I think we can easily come up with something without butchering a existing product. I'm hoping by next Monday I have the formatting done and it becomes just a matter of finding the right color.

Oh yeah, one thing to note, the scarf is actually quite small. Much shorter than probably any of us would wear a scarf. Its actually making the wrapping, tying a slight chore.

I may recommend sending this out pinned in place to slip over the neck while the head is off.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I've been lazy on this one. I got stuck on the fringe and never moved forward.

I guess Pippin's scarf is the only thing remaining for the outfit. Everything else has been figured out already.

By the way, you guys are amazing for doing everything with such efficiency.:bow

I think nam hit on a very good and very inexpensive solution for the scarf. I think he is still tweaking it a bit so I'll let him report on it when he is ready. But it really is quite an obvious solution.

The only other thing is maybe the Pippin shirt detailing....?

I have decided since the shirt is mostly obscured by the jacket and scarf I am not going to bother with it unless someone hits on a really awesome way of doing it.

The hardest part by far is the fringe.

The fringe is easy. Just go to your local cross stitch store and find the right thread colors.

The hard part is finding a material that is the right weight and look which looks natural when tied (and not bulky like, for example, I have seen some Tom Baker customs look). I know exactly what kind of material I am looking for and if thenam's experiment doesn't turn out then I'll report on my progress. In anycase if I find something I will let you guys know.

The fringe is easy. Just go to your local cross stitch store and find the right thread colors.

The hard part is finding a material that is the right weight and look which looks natural when tied (and not bulky like, for example, I have seen some Tom Baker customs look). I know exactly what kind of material I am looking for and if thenam's experiment doesn't turn out then I'll report on my progress. In anycase if I find something I will let you guys know.

Ehh. I don't know. I was trying to do it without just knotting a ton of strings at the end. I was trying to embed the strings within the scarf and then they seem to come out so you wouldn't have a bunch of knots showing. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I think the part you think is hard is the easy part. I just used some of my wife's extra quilting fabric and it seemed fine. I'll bring a picture tomorrow.

watermark.php

Sorry about the horrible fabric...:lol
What do you guys think of the size and how its laying?

I think it sits very well on the figure. Could be about 1/4 inch longer though I think... maybe with fringe it would look the right length... Bravo.

Now to find the right material. Because Pippin is not wearing a floral pattern. :lol

Only cause he left it at the Green Dragon a few days before the adventure.

The length depends on how you wrap it, I just did a simple one. I have no clue how its done in the film.

Its a video from Comedy Central about a homosexual jack sparrow.

thenam is making a joke about the scarf looking effeminate. :p

Back