PICS OF FABRIC IN 1ST POST: Batman 1989 custom cape 1/6 scale interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the scale of those, um, scales. It may just be the closeness of the photo, but the texture looks too large. Can you take some photos with something (like a 1/6 figure) in the shot for reference?

What's the scale of those, um, scales. It may just be the closeness of the photo, but the texture looks too large. Can you take some photos with something (like a 1/6 figure) in the shot for reference?

It is just a close pic. I don't own anything 1:6 scale

Cool. I know you said you're planning on using the HT cape as a template, but I think it is a little off. In the movie, the seams of the cape line up to the pointy ends of the cowl. On the HT figure, you can only line up a few of them at a time, as the default cape just doesn't have enough fabric to line up with the points all the way around.

You probably have references pics Lance, but if not, here's some pretty good ones.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZsdLUdwm4[/ame]

My only nitpick with the Hot Toys cape is how the seams don't match up with the scallops on the cowl.

It's a great cape for certain purposes (like lifting it up over his head) but it would have been nice if they included a second cape that didn't have the wire and wasn't double layered. Just a plain old cape with one texture.

I'm sure Lance will remedy this. I have two figures so one will most like have the Hot Toys and the other, Lance's.

Cool. I know you said you're planning on using the HT cape as a template, but I think it is a little off. In the movie, the seams of the cape line up to the pointy ends of the cowl. On the HT figure, you can only line up a few of them at a time, as the default cape just doesn't have enough fabric to line up with the points all the way around.

My only nitpick with the Hot Toys cape is how the seams don't match up with the scallops on the cowl.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0mHVE8ebqA[/ame]

"It's hot, too." :peace

The puffyness of the cape will be solved there will be no seams as no sewing is involved. It will be just one piece.

Please add me also...I just posted that I recieved the figure and my only negative was that cape...I want it to hang more freely.

im interested as well, your other capes are well worth the money.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I made a cape and shipped it out to a fellow board member when he gets it he is going to let me know how it turned out. There is a chance the material I chose is not the best so if that is the case I will look for better material.

I have a feeling this may require having to be piece stitched to work properly. I am not sure a single cut fabric is going to translate as perfectly as it did with the OC capes. But with that said, if anyone can make it work, lforigno is the man.

Back