Pics from Gundam Expo in Tokyo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrAwesome

Freaked Out
Reaction score
For those lucky enough to attend, the expo had every single Gundam ever created on display with a great historical timeline. It was last year during my trip to Japan, but I thought some members here would appreciate it:

5105390964_606db807c2_b.jpg

5104794027_0f6cd0d60d_b.jpg

5105392928_113316ae70_b.jpg

5105394466_de3ded4cd5_b.jpg

5104793421_68431fa3de_b.jpg

A bunch more pics on my flickr.

Wow....so this is something Bandai's gonna release on mass market? :horror

Did they have a yen price on it?

I haven't heard any news about it yet. I think it was a one off model made just as a prototype for the 1/1 scale gundam. But I could be wrong.

I don't think it is. If you notice, that one doesn't have the same details, lines, and decals.

yes cause the one in my link is not painted and decals weren't put on...the Mega 1/48 and the RG 1/144 is based on the 1/1 scale Gundam RX-78 that is in Tokyo right now..and I have the 1/60 Gundam RX-78 in 1/60 scale which is a PG, the panel lines are totally different from the picture on this expo..here's a comparison pic..

mega-size-gundam-with-weapons-1.jpg

Last edited:
A pg nu or hinu would be sick!!! My wallet cries at the though. Now I consider myself an above average modeler and I do completely spray most of my kits but when I look at these pics from the pros... Makes me feel less of a man!

yes cause the one in my link is not painted and decals weren't put on...the Mega 1/48 and the RG 1/144 is based on the 1/1 scale Gundam RX-78 that is in Tokyo right now..and I have the 1/60 Gundam RX-78 in 1/60 scale which is a PG, the panel lines are totally different from the picture on this expo..here's a comparison pic..

mega-size-gundam-with-weapons-1.jpg

Ahh, cool, thanks for the comparison.

A pg nu or hinu would be sick!!! My wallet cries at the though. Now I consider myself an above average modeler and I do completely spray most of my kits but when I look at these pics from the pros... Makes me feel less of a man!

Yep, a PG Nu would be great. I built a MG version. If they ever do make it, I hope they make the back wing attachments more stable. I'm hoping to save up and build a GP01 some day.

I'm so with you guys wanting a PG Nu. Char's Counterattack is the icing on the cake for the UC saga and having a mammoth PG of Amuro's final Gundam is a NECESSITY for us all!

Ahh, cool, thanks for the comparison.

Yep, a PG Nu would be great. I built a MG version. If they ever do make it, I hope they make the back wing attachments more stable. I'm hoping to save up and build a GP01 some day.

PG Gp01 is excellent indeed. I havent built a PG since the mark II but I've heard great things about it. Plus there's some great details like clear colored plastic over chrome parts that makes a great effect! Def if I get a of it'll be gp01. But if they make a nu... That would change my mind...

Back