PF STORMTROOPER OR/AND AT AT DRIVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ish

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think these would be cool, and i think the ATAT Driver would be a hot item and a first. :banana

One thing for sure, we will see a PF stormtrooper before a 1/6 one.

I have a feeling that the 1/6 Star Wars Military line is where we will see all of the variations on the clones and stormtroopers. We will likely get a PF classic stormtrooper, but I would be surprised if we get much more than that. I think the PF line will be more or less devoted to primary "named" characters, with the anonymous background characters a rare thing.

Although the more I think about a PF Tusken Raider, the more I want them to make one for me.

A PF would be awesome but I kind of don't want it right now. If SST sticks to their no 12" of PFs while they are in circulation....well I don't wanna wait for my 12" Stormie. :D

tomandshell said:
I have a feeling that the 1/6 Star Wars Military line is where we will see all of the variations on the clones and stormtroopers. We will likely get a PF classic stormtrooper, but I would be surprised if we get much more than that. I think the PF line will be more or less devoted to primary "named" characters, with the anonymous background characters a rare thing.

Although the more I think about a PF Tusken Raider, the more I want them to make one for me.
i can live with that.

I'm dying for a well made Tuskin Raider in any formatting. Although for my wallet's sake I'd like it in 12" format. A 2 Pack of Jawas too! :D

Jedi_Mike said:
I'm dying for a well made Tuskin Raider in any formatting. Although for my wallet's sake I'd like it in 12" format. A 2 Pack of Jawas too! :D

Jedi, you should get the Attakus Tusken then. I saw it in person and it's very nice.

tomandshell said:

I think that would be great. Heres a thought to consider. What if SS do a 1:1 scale bust of the tuskan raider?

Given that they probably won't be doing major human characters in bust form (even though as I write this I can suddenly imagin a 'sith eyes Anakin' with hood and all:cool: ) SS are probably going to do rare Creature/characters in the bust format.

Yoda makes sense but so would a Tuskan raider

CookieMonster, I hadn't thought of that choice for a bust until you mentioned it, but I think it is a great idea, and a perfect character choice! The bust line seems to go towards the visually appealing non-humans, and that would be the perfect place for secondary no-name characters like the Tusken Raider to get some attention.

Every second or third tier character that gets a PF means a much longer wait for Yoda, Maul, etc., so I just don't see them doing a lot of experimenting with the variety of PF line character choices. (The costume on a Tion Medon or a Sio Bibble or a Nute Gunray might look great, but if it's any of them VS. Grievous for a PF release, you know who Sideshow will choose...) But the busts are their own deal--it's about the look of the character and not their prominence in the storyline.

I hope Sideshow reads your post and gets to work on a Tusken bust right away!

tomandshell said:
I hope Sideshow reads your post and gets to work on a Tusken bust right away!

They probably have already, Im keeping my fingers crossed for the Tuskan raider in any format (BUST PLEASE SS:joy )

Would love to see a PF Stormtrooper:horror
I only want to have 2 star wars statues/busts.

One of them is got to be Darth Vader and I'm not sure wich one SS/GG/12 inch SS?
And the other one is very difficult. Obi/Yoda/Luke/Emporer:confused:

This brings up the question - a PF Stormie could easily be done like Iron Man - all poly. Would probably be easier than making him mixed media. Any feeling about that?

Even though I'm a dedicated mixed media fan, I'm not sure that it would matter that much for this type of PF.

dunedain said:
a Chewbacca would be cool with real hair:horror

That's my wish (by the way, I corrected the spelling on Chewbacca for you...) ;)

I can see Sideshow sidestepping the issue regarding not releasing the same figs in PF and 12" within a certain time-frame by giving us a PF classic Stormtrooper and a 12" Sandtrooper or Biker Scouttrooper.

Darklord Dave said:
This brings up the question - a PF Stormie could easily be done like Iron Man - all poly. Would probably be easier than making him mixed media. Any feeling about that?

Even though I'm a dedicated mixed media fan, I'm not sure that it would matter that much for this type of PF.

All poly all the way on all the droids and troopers!!! Where it is warranted (in these cases) priemum format and mixed media can and should be two seperate things.

Jesse

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
All poly all the way on all the droids and troopers!!! Where it is warranted (in these cases) priemum format and mixed media can and should be two seperate things.

Jesse

NO!! I would actually find that HUGELY disappointing. I want full metal droids and full fiberglass troopers.

I can see if they have to cut costs by using some poly here and there, but I would probably pass if they were full poly.

As for the original topic, a PF AT-AT Driver would be a nice exclusive if they ever do a PF TIE Pilot. The ANH TIE helmets were painted white and used as AT-AT driver helmets for ESB.

elwood49 said:
NO!! I would actually find that HUGELY disappointing. I want full metal droids and full fiberglass troopers.

I can see if they have to cut costs by using some poly here and there, but I would probably pass if they were full poly.

As for the original topic, a PF AT-AT Driver would be a nice exclusive if they ever do a PF TIE Pilot. The ANH TIE helmets were painted white and used as AT-AT driver helmets for ESB.

Ok, more of what I meant is that there shouldn't be cloth forced on to these things just to make them MM. I agree there should deff be metal in them. Full metal droids will never happen IMO but there should be some some metal parts.

Back