PF Jyn Erso (Rogue One)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks good, but at the same time....she kinda looks stoned.

Jyn is in the House!

530c272e2e721f17f531f1b1f9c35de7.jpg

I won’t be able to open her for a little while yet, but am looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes,the same problem. Look at the new SSC pictures...you can see,the problem is there too.

Mine has this issue as well. The key doesn’t go in the hole at all. Have you (or anyone here) contacted Sideshow about this? Curious what they are saying.

I really like this statue. The clothing and details are excellent. I was pleasantly surprised because the blaster seems to have several metal parts (the scope and folding stock for sure).
328107b513a2faa6090d81cfff8eb9fc.jpg

I am no photographer, so please forgive the quality of my photos. One thing that strikes me is that the head sculpt looks to me to be one of their best human characters. I’m not the best person at picking out fine details on head sculpts compared to the actor, but this looks like Jyn to me. Photos do not really capture the paint and details of either portrait.
717ed7f0e624772772d71b42964978a8.jpg

e1ac78aa303dc2041dac914846531a4a.jpg
360d27148788dcb6488c984ef5ba2b58.jpg

The head is not polystone. I like both portraits, but will go with the exclusive one for my collection.

As I mentioned earlier the costume is very finely detailed. The poncho has a wire along the lower edge for posing, and the many straps and other accessories really add to the look of the figure. I loved this costume because it felt very “Star Wars” to me, and seeing it put together on this statue makes me appreciate it even more.

My only two problems with the figure herself is the finger detail is a little lacking, but it’s not really noticeable unless closely inspected. My other issue is that the figure only pegs into the base with a key/slot on one leg. I wish both legs pegged in for stability.

The base looks nice. I really do not have a big problem with the fit of the antenna (also metal) piece. The other, more blocky piece does not fit on tightly. I am slightly concerned about it falling off. I like the top of the base quite a bit, but I feel like the detail on the rocks below are soft. Not a major problem though as you really can’t see them too well.
38045b6bb400a0747cb73f22af09955a.jpg
9410ab08916d0fb1259c0952572c511a.jpg

Overall I am extremely pleased and am very happy to add Jyn to my collection.
1f7b21985eaeb180373da54a04b54aee.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Portraits look great, the exclusive with the hat and goggles really pulls the costume together. I have the Rey which is also PVC and looks really nice but these heads do look like a step up from her. Looking forward to see in person, mine arrives next week!

Mrdbios - thanks for the review. I agree that her portrait is very close to Felicity Jones and the costume looks very detailed and well done.

Got mine yesterday as well ! I really really love this girl !!! The fabric is stunning and the best Sideshow has done yet so far of all my star wars statues IMO. I went with the regular portrait.. she just gorgeous !!! Great piece !!!

Only downside are as mentioned before, her fingers.. they look UGLY .. but not noticeable as long as you not staring at them ;)

20180314_214821_zps2iip4hfz.jpg

20180314_214806_zpsev0ywshl.jpg

Attachments

• 20180314_214806_zpsev0ywshl.jpg
    20180314_214806_zpsev0ywshl.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 218
the problem with the antenna:

"thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today regarding your Jyn figure

I have been informed by our production team that this design,one long peg one short peg,was intentional. There was a concern regarding fit since the base is polystone,wich can shrink slightly when cooling during the manufacturing process and the antenna wich is metal. The entire line´s antennas will have one long peg that will stick into the base, and another shorter peg that is not intended to fit into a hole,but rather press flush against the side of the base."

SSC Brendon Wright

Mine arrived and I opened the box to find this.
image.jpg
That's 2 out of the last 3 Star Wars premium formats that have arrived damaged.

the problem with the antenna:

"thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today regarding your Jyn figure

I have been informed by our production team that this design,one long peg one short peg,was intentional. There was a concern regarding fit since the base is polystone,wich can shrink slightly when cooling during the manufacturing process and the antenna wich is metal. The entire line´s antennas will have one long peg that will stick into the base, and another shorter peg that is not intended to fit into a hole,but rather press flush against the side of the base."

SSC Brendon Wright

How does everyone feel about this response? If it was intentional, why are there two key holes in the base?

Back