PF HULK WIP photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the Sideshow site there is a video showing the G4 visit and during the video you see a great comparison shot of the Hulk next to Brent I believe.

Just an FYI

Jesseawilson said:
Would be nice to be able to buy extra pants from SS for customization attempts so you would have to risk the original pair.

Jesse
Are you really contemplating an alteration of the trousers? What is it you don't like about them, or what would you change??
I have to see it in person to be sure, but I could imagine this Hulk with sculptured trousers. The sculptured trousers Hulk wears in the Production Blog section look pretty nice.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/Hulk-2[4].jpg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/Hulk-1%5B2%5D.jpg

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Are you really contemplating an alteration of the trousers? What is it you don't like about them, or what would you change??
I have to see it in person to be sure, but I could imagine this Hulk with sculptured trousers. The sculptured trousers Hulk wears in the Production Blog section look pretty nice.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/Hulk-2[4].jpg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/Hulk-1%5B2%5D.jpg

No I dont plan on it, my statement was simply to point out it would be a waste to screw up hulks only pair of pants on a failed attempt at customizing. I would never touch a piece that I bought save for maybe a 12" that only cost me a few dollars. Even then it would probably be just the water treatment.

Thats not what the pants will look like though........

7138_press01-001.jpg

Jesse

Andy, why did SS or whomever decided to go with the fabricated pants? I'm not saying it is bad but IMO the sculpted pants look wayyyy better.

TOE said:
Andy, why did SS or whomever decided to go with the fabricated pants? I'm not saying it is bad but IMO the sculpted pants look wayyyy better.
my initial guess would be that the PF line's requirements are that the piece be mixed media. And since the PF line uses real clothing on every piece thats the only place this one could have it.

but tbh, I think they couldve left the sculpted pants in the sculpt to help shape the cloth from underneath too. And if the collector wanted to he could remove the cloth pants and use the sculpted ones.

occulum said:
but tbh, I think they couldve left the sculpted pants in the sculpt to help shape the cloth from underneath too. And if the collector wanted to he could remove the cloth pants and use the sculpted ones.

Agree. Why didn't SS go with Comiquette instead of PF. In that way, the pants could have been sculpted then. ...but no matter, it looks great regardless. :chew

I still say that for this to be a full fledge PF statue a ripped shirt would have added so much to the piece. You can see how cool it is on the Vs diorama green version.

It definitely gives it a sense of power.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I still say that for this to be a full fledge PF statue a ripped shirt would have added so much to the piece. You can see how cool it is on the Vs diorama green version.

Awesome idea!!! Perhaps a ripped lab coat.

SolidLiquidFox said:

There is one, what are the white remnants of it are tucked into the top of his pants.

Jesse

It's supposed to be the lower part of the shirt which doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it. Why would only the bottom part remain tucked in after transforming???? :confused:

It just looks like someone gave him an atomic wedgie. Still, a beautiful sculpt by Andy. :cool:

SolidLiquidFox said:
It's supposed to be the lower part of the shirt which doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it. Why would only the bottom part remain tucked in after transforming???? :confused:

It just looks like someone gave him an atomic wedgie. Still, a beautiful sculpt by Andy. :cool:

As he gets bigger the waistband on the pants tightens which keeps the shirt tucked in to his pants. Why the waist band doesnt rip, couldn't tell you that.

That was always my thinking anyway.

Jesse

SolidLiquidFox said:

Because his pants got angry too.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Because his pants got angry too.

LOL!!!

(tried to just type "LOL" in the reply, but the retarded board rules that the message was too short.... hence this pointless note...)

i want to know what future project he's got up his sleeves....:D

does anyone think that the green hulks colour is to dark.
some people have comented that the grey pf looks better
because the muscle definition stands out better which i agree with.
i think that the green pf should be a slightly lighter shade of green
and also how do sideshow decide which shade of green to use?

Back