PF HULK WIP photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Andy said:
It was all Super Sculpey except for the head, which was originally done in Castilene. Good eye! :)

Thanks for responding Andy.

also....castilene soft, medium, or hard? Doesn't it get hot working with castilene? I heard you have to keep it warm while sculpting? Oh, and if not much to ask,...you don't happen to have a pic of the armature for the sculpt do you :D ?

Man, the more pix I see of this guy the more and more I want him...He is HUGE....To bad I just dont have the funds for him...Maybe someday I can pick him up on ebay...

Looks Great !!! But, I wish it was Fully Sculpted Statue now...:monkey2
Andy's sculpt of ripped pants and Abs look great!
But the cloth pants doesn't look as good, and yet, it cover's most of bottom Abs... :(
Mixed media doesn't work well in this case, IMO.

I really wish people would stop saying they'd prefer it fully sculpted. :horse

Don't they know statues are dead? The cloth really adds an extra dimension to all the PFs and it works very well on Hulk.

Statues are dead - Premium Format is the future!:devil

Darklord Dave said:

Don't they know statues are dead? The cloth really adds an extra dimension to all the PFs and it works very well on Hulk.

You tell em Dave :bow

PF all the way :D

oxbeard said:
PF all the way :D
I agree 100%, but sometimes I do wish more time/effort was put into the distressed clothing used on figures

Darklord Dave said:

hulks cloth pants have grown on me.it gives an extra dimension to him
im coming round to think.i wasn't sure at first,but now i like the cloth
pants look.very nice indeed.

but i dont think pf is the future for every sculpt!!!

occulum said:
I agree 100%, but sometimes I do wish more time/effort was put into the distressed clothing used on figures

On the bright side, that's a very easy thing to customize yourself. I plan to add a lot more distress and wrinkles to the pants on my statue when it arrives, should be an easy fix.

Thanks for the compliments everybody! I'm so glad you all like him so much.

Sideshow Andy said:
On the bright side, that's a very easy thing to customize yourself. I plan to add a lot more distress and wrinkles to the pants on my statue when it arrives, should be an easy fix.

Andy, when the time comes, if you could provide a few hints as to the best way to do this, I'm sure many of us would be greatly appreciative. Even more than we already are. :D

Sideshow Andy said:

yeah man, but you know how shakey a hand can get when putting a dremel up to a $400+ figure!? :lol

oh but a dremel with a wire brush does wonders when distressing cloth :monkey1

God I love when Sideshow puts stuff like this up. I almost want to download the images and create a collage to go behind Hulk... just to show off all the work and craftmanship that went into it.

Thanks sideshow for putting this up and thanks for being so available for questions. In what other hobby do you get this kind of attention from the people contributing?

Would be nice to be able to buy extra pants from SS for customization attempts so you would have to risk the original pair.

Jesse

It's brilliant, as all agree. Love the little skin wrinkles at the ankle!

Makes me wish I collected Marvel! ;)

Back