PF Frodo sold out!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KAOSINLA said:
Congrats to everyone who got this piece!!! I really didn't like it, so I passed. But, I do this with everything I get....not really affected by the ES...If I like it, I get it....end of story.

Same here...
Cloth clad pieces dont do it for me as much as actual sculpted pieces. But, I will be all over a Strider, Saruman, Eowyn or Theoden/Eomer if they do it.

ps. congrats to me for hitting the magic 500. I'd like to thank my... blah, blah

jlcmsu said:
Yup, the ES has never influenced me if I wanted an item just how quickly I made sure to get my order in on something I wanted. Now, let the scamble begin and the complaints to start that they missed it because they didn't like it but now do because the ES is low.:rolleyes:

Never influenced you? :rotfl

Newborn Uruk from TolkienOnline?

jlcmsu - The PO is only limited to 500 and only 50 left get yours now if you want it.

Hurricane - This ugly thing? No way! Not even with that low edition size.

jlcmsu - That's why I still haven't bought it yet.

leebgb - Jlc, how do you know it is only limited to 500?

jlcmsu - Go to https://www.theonering.net/index.stat

Gazmog - I told you it would be VERY limited. Now watch everyone jump aboard the bandwagon. I thought at first 1K, but 500 equals the number of Wiki crowns purportedly released.

jlcmsu - Good call Gaz. I am thinking about it just to turn around and sell it later to help my collection out on statues I do want.

Well he is ordered if he does well on the secondary market he is gone to help buy other statues. If he isn't doing well then he will be canceled and sent on his way.

https://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=80101&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=330

Uh-oh Josh. Looks like someone caught you in a lie. So from the looks of your post you don't plan on keeping young Mr. Baggins. Either gonna cancel or flip him.

I'm sure more posts like these can be found in the Frodo Resculpt thread on these boards, but this one is prettey damn funny.

I just find it sad HOI had to go searching another board to find me making a mistake. As far as being caught in a lie. It's kind of hard since I don't even remember posting that since it was 2 years ago.

Now, I bought it because of how many of the item where left not that the ES was 500. I wasn't sure if I wanted it or if I wanted to try and use it to help my collection. At the time I was still in college and I thought this might help me out getting several items I wanted. Shortly after ordering it I hooked Joanna (wildriverun) who was a member of the old SSF board up for it even for a Ugluk Statue. So I did not flip it like some members do. I traded it straight up for an item that I had lots of folks telling me I should hold on because I could get more.

I've never been a flipper. I simply can't do it. I've tried like you see here and backed out helping someone for what the cost of the item was. Not to mention all the folks I helped last year at SDCC and folks I'm helping at this year. All I asked or am asking of them is the cost of the item plus shipping from the show.

I'm getting Frodo for my collection. I'm a collector first and foremost. I am not like some members here that will flip at the drop of a hat. As a matter of fact I love being able to say I've never flipped.

Folks are gonna think of me as they want. I would hope they would take this as what it is someone trying to discredit me. Some will assume like you that I'm caught in a lie or that I'm a hypocrite.

Last edited:
I don't think Frodo will be flippage material for quite some time if ever. I think the analogy to Luke is good and he has yet to soar on the secondary market. Although I think he will eventually.

I think comparing Frodo with Luke is being a little to hasty, what really got Luke was the paint job and all the pictures of them floating around on the net. He looked like a drag queen with some of those paint jobs and I think that had major effect on his secondary price. I mean who wants to take a chance of owning one of those?

If Frodo comes up with an awesome paint job and no major mess ups then I think we will see him rise in value.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't think Frodo will be flippage material for quite some time if ever. I think the analogy to Luke is good and he has yet to soar on the secondary market. Although I think he will eventually.

I hope he does Dave. For me as a collector, as for everyone else, no matter what they decide to do with him. And I hope Frodo does well and gets everyone to buy buy buy from Sideshow.

Best of luck to all.

I'm gone.

Oh, and jlc, I'm a nice guy too, no matter what you think.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5528&page=4

You pointed out the contest to the guy and he won. That doesn't make you a nice guy.

Like I said the ES meant to little to me on the NBU that I traded for an itemt hat was going for way less at the time. I just find what you did sad. You caught me making a mistake on something I had forgotten. ES means very little to me when it comes to my pieces so it could be 1k for Frodo or 9500 for Sauron. I get what I want because I like what I get.

I think that some of the Luke fans are waiting in hopes that they might see a Jedi Luke, or an ESB Luke with Yoda, or an X-Wing Pilot Luke. Two of those were actually mentioned as possibilities in an early interview. So if Sideshow tells us that there is a good chance that they will be making another Luke in a new outfit, then fans of one of those outfits will skip the Farm Boy and save their money for a future Luke.

Frodo, on the other hand, pretty much wears one costume throughout the trilogy. (Other than the three minutes in ROTK when he is in orc armor or the five that he is down to just his white shirt.) As far as the costume goes, this is the only version of Frodo that is really needed in 1/4 scale, and will almost certainly be the only one produced. Nobody is holding their breath waiting for an orc-armored Frodo--this is it.

Also, this is only 40% of the edition size of Luke (and that's not even counting the Exclusive version--if you add that in then we are talking a third). I think that Frodo's lower quantity, combined with the fact that this will be the only version produced, will give him the edge over Luke when it comes to holding value over time.

Oh yeah just simply compairing Luke and Frodo really Frodo will hold his much much better. When folks are buying on ebay they will go nutty because the thing has such a low ES. We've seen this time and time again with items that shock us are selling so high.

Josh, I meant no offence. I was just giving you a hard time. I do that to people I like. Just a bit of razzing. I'm sure if you go through these threads I said something similar about this Frodo. I was more upset about the price of the thing compared to the size than anything and was hoping to get it on the secondary market for less (much like the Luke and Han). When the ES was announced, I knew that $200 was probably the cheapest I was ever going to see him for unless he ended up looking absolutely horrible. And I'm glad I got him from Razer's Edge when I did because I haven't seen one for sale yet.

I maintain my Luke analogy not for reasons of ES, but for initial "buzz factor." That is where I think the Frodo is lacking (and of course WHY there are only 1K to begin with). Take some of the lesser PFs (in terms of value, not merit, etc - I am in no way attempting to knock someone's work): Logan, Scarface, even the Wolvie/Sabertooth; all wonderful pieces, but they had some bad buzz. The 1K ES should ensure that those wanting the piece will get it, and hopefully we won't see them on EBay for years to come (like Galadriel, Sauron, The Battle Troll, etc, etc); but I am not expecting it to climb much in value.

I'm honestly not getting any statue for it's future value. I don't ever want to have to sell anything that I'm purchasing.

DL, I gotta agree. Anytime I have bought something collectible "as an investment" I have taken a bath, but whenever I bought something for the enjoyment of it, I was able to appreciate it, and also find that it usually retains value!

I sold of the whole LOTR SSW collection for the engagement ring and a new car, and I am hoping to set aside a few bucks to get the nine fellowship of this new line.

Darth Loki said:
I'm honestly not getting any statue for it's future value. I don't ever want to have to sell anything that I'm purchasing.

Sure, I can't imagine it being the most sure-fire method to "getting rich quick."

That said (and it has been ALOT), there is nothing wrong with knowing that should you have to sell, you are going to at the very least break even. :monkey3

I dont think there are many who are using Luke for selling oipportunites, I mean who could sell something so cool!

Oh and nice going HOI, you really showed him...:rolleyes:
:lol
jlcmsu dont even bother with him.

tomandshell said:
I think that some of the Luke fans are waiting in hopes that they might see a Jedi Luke, or an ESB Luke with Yoda, or an X-Wing Pilot Luke. Two of those were actually mentioned as possibilities in an early interview. So if Sideshow tells us that there is a good chance that they will be making another Luke in a new outfit, then fans of one of those outfits will skip the Farm Boy and save their money for a future Luke.

That would be awesome. Not a fan of the regular Luke but I do like Han, DD, and Old Ben which is on his way.:chew

I think Frodo will hold its value and in the long run gain in value with only 1000. Can't wait for the next piece. I'm hoping either Gandalf the Grey or Witchking in true form next.

Bullseye said:
Can't wait for the next piece. I'm hoping [...] Witchking in true form next.

That would be simply awesome, but I think that's unlikely gonna happen anytime soon... :nazgul

Back